Monday’s Raw Registered The Show’s Highest Rating For More Than Two Years

Things are naturally going to start feeling pretty different now Vince McMahon has retired and Triple H is head of creative. In fact, some of those changes have already started to show through, perhaps a little earlier than expected. Monday’s Raw was effectively the first show during which The Game had full creative control since he is sort of able to hit the reset button on everything McMahon put in place following SummerSlam.

It seems a lot of fans were interested to see how a Triple H-led Raw would look. As reported by Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics, this week’s Raw pulled 2.23 million viewers. That’s the highest rating the show has achieved since the start of the pandemic. The last episode that bettered that number was on March 16, 2020. The first show of the pandemic era when fans were keen to see what exactly a Raw in an empty Performance Center looked like.

An impressive 2.433 million viewers were watching when Raw got underway, and that number naturally declined as the three-hour show progressed. Perhaps one of Triple H’s next moves will be to dial Raw back to two hours, although the amount of ad revenue generated by that third hour makes that unlikely, even without McMahon at the helm.

The good news keeps on coming for WWE when breaking down who exactly was watching Raw on Monday. Total viewership is all well and good, but that key demographic is 18 to 49-year-olds. 796,000 of those watching Raw fell into that age group, translating to a rating of 0.61. The next best rating for a show on at that time was Better Call Saul with a 0.36. Honestly, that the Breaking Bad spinoff was on at the same time just makes all of the above numbers even more impressive.

Even though some of the changes Triple H and his team have made so far have been plain to see, there still hasn’t been anything too drastic. Most will be subtle and will hopefully improve the quality of WWE’s product and increase the number of people watching on a regular basis over time. This was also the Raw after SummerSlam which is almost always guaranteed to do a good number. Now The Game needs to see if he can keep those new and lapsed fans tuning in every week.

Source: TheSportster

Triple H Promises More Transparency With Talent Moving Forward

As WWE’s new head of creative, Triple H hopes to make communication easier for talent.

For the last month, the pro wrestling world has been rocked by on major scandal. Vince McMahon was revealed to have paid over $14 million in hush money following sexual misconduct with employees. Last Friday, McMahon announced that he would be retiring from his position as CEO of WWE. In his place are his daughter Stephanie McMahon and Nick Khan, WWE’s new co-CEOs.

Paul Levesque, better known by his ring name Triple H, is now leading WWE’s creative team. While it’s yet to be seen how exactly the WWE will look under Triple H’s control, he reportedly already has a vision for how the company will operate in the future.

Ahead of last night’s episode of Monday Night Raw, Triple H held a meeting backstage with the roster. According to Fightful Select, the meeting laid out the groundwork for Triple H’s intentions with the main roster going forward.

Triple H promised talent more transparency in the future, including open lines of communication. This has been an issue for the WWE in recent years; talent would sometimes have to wait for hours outside of Vince McMahon’s office in order to talk with him. Triple H also told talent during the meeting that he wants work to be fun.

According to Fightful’s report, the meeting went smoothly and was well-received. Talent is said to be feeling optimistic now that Triple H is in charge.

If Triple H means what he said to WWE’s talent tonight, then things could be looking up for the company. Hopefully, WWE’s new regime is able to make it through this rough patch and find brighter days ahead.

Source: TheSportster

WWE Announces Triple H As New Head Of Creative

There’s a new head of WWE creative in town and the game could have just changed for pro wrestling. WWE revealed today that Paul Levesque (fka Triple H) will be in charge of all responsibilities when it comes to WWE’s creative process. With Vince McMahon announcing his retirement from all of his WWE duties, Triple H was named the replacement for John Laurinaitis as the head of talent relations, and according to WWE, he’s now in charge of creative, as well. The full announcement, which also reveals that Stephanie McMahon is the new Chairwoman of the Board, can be read below:

STAMFORD, Conn.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– WWE® (NYSE: WWE) and its Board of Directors today announced the appointment of Stephanie McMahon and Nick Khan as co-Chief Executive Officers. Ms. McMahon has also been appointed Chairwoman of the Board, and Mr. Khan will continue to serve as a member of the Board. These appointments follow Vince McMahon’s retirement announcement on Friday, July 22.

“We are grateful for the opportunity to lead WWE together with our unmatched management team,” said Ms. McMahon and Mr. Khan. “We recognize this is a tremendous opportunity and responsibility, and we look forward to serving the WWE Universe.”

Additionally, WWE executive Paul Levesque will assume all responsibilities related to WWE’s creative, in addition to his regular duties.

Vince McMahon suddenly announced his retirement Friday evening before “WWE SmackDown” took place, and Stephanie McMahon kicked off the show to send a “thank you” to her father.  Vince’s retirement amidst a storm of allegations that he haded out more than $12 million in hush money to female employees regarding sexual misconduct over the course of the last 16 years, allegations that led to an internal investigation by the WWE board and numerous external investigations regarding WWE’s handling of the situation. Laurinaitis, who was allegedly also involved in the sexual misconduct allegations, was put on administrative leave last month and is not expected to return to the company.

Source: Wrestling Inc.

Big Update On Triple H’s Backstage WWE Position

Triple H is back in the WWE in a big way. “The Game” wasn’t lying when he told the WWE Performance Center that he was excited for what’s to come regarding his future, as it was announced by the company today that Paul Levesque will resume his executive position as Executive Vice President of Talent Relations, replacing John Laurinaitis.

“I look forward to returning to my prior position as head of Talent Relations,” Levesque said in WWE’s official announcement. “I’m healthy, fired up, and ready to take charge.” He added on Twitter that he was “Proud and honored to work with the best talent in the world.”

Levesque originally took the position as EVP of Talent Relations back in 2011 before being promoted in 2013 and eventually becoming EVP of Global Talent Strategy & Development. He was also the head executive and creative mind behind “NXT,” but was forced to step away after suffering a “cardiac event” in 2021 that was later found to be a genetic heart condition. As a result, he was forced to announce his retirement from in-ring competition by leaving his boots in the ring at WrestleMania. Although his continued role in company remained something of a mystery for the following months, Levesque remained the figurehead for WWE’s “Next In Line” program.

Laurinaitis, meanwhile, was on leave from the position following a Wall Street Journal report alleging that the former Johnny Ace played a role in Vince McMahon’s “hush money” payments. Longtime WWE executive Bruce Prichard temporarily stepped in the role over the course of the last month, and Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics has noted that Laurinaitis is still considered on administrative leaving following the allegations. McMahon himself stepped down as WWE CEO and Chairman while the company’s board investigates the Wall Street Journal allegations, with his daughter, Stephanie McMahon — who is also married to Levesque — taking up those duties in the interim.

Source: Wrestling Inc.

Triple H’s WWE Office Duties Have Reportedly Changed

In the wake of Stephanie McMahon’s shocking announcement that she was taking a leave of absence from WWE yesterday, many have been wondering what this means for the status of her husband, retired WWE star and Executive Vice President of Global Strategy & Development Triple H, with the company. The answer is he’s still around, in a way.

A new report from Fightful Select noted that Triple H is officially back working at WWE offices full time following his cardiac event last year that forced him to retire. But despite his return and retaining his current corporate role, sources told Fightful Select that Triple H’s current duties are drastically different than they were before his absence. It was not reiterated further what that means.

It should be noted that Triple H was part of WWE’s annual meeting with shareholders yesterday, where he took questions on WWE’s NIL (Next In Line) program and WWE’s overall approach to developing talent. He also stated that WWE was continuing to explore plans to expand the WWE Performance Center, both domestically in the US and abroad.

WWE sources also denied to Fightful Select that marital issues played any part in Stephanie McMahon’s decision to take a leave of absence from her duties as WWE Chief Brand Officer. Rumors had emerged of potential marital strife between McMahon and Triple H, who have been married since 2003 and have three daughters, after photos of McMahon without her wedding ring from WrestleMania 38 weekend emerged on the internet recently. One of which, featuring GCW owner Brett Lauderdale, can be seen below.

Source: Wrestling Inc.

Triple H Announces Retirement From In-Ring Competition

Triple H announced his retirement from in-ring competition on ESPN during an appearance on the show First Take with Stephen A. Smith.

The full interview will then be released via Stephen A’s World on ESPN+ later tonight.

As we’ve noted, Triple H suffered what was said to be a very serious cardiac event last fall, and has been away from the job since then. WWE announced on September 8 that he underwent successful heart surgery the week before that at Yale New Haven Hospital in New Haven, CT.

It was stated that the operation was needed after Triple H suffered the cardiac event, caused by a genetic heart issue. WWE’s statement noted how Triple H was expected to make a full recovery, and since then it’s been reported that he is doing well.

He has done some WWE work in recent months, but he still has not returned to the daily workload that he had before.

During an appearance on First Take earlier today (via Fightful), Triple H spoke about his health issues, noting that he almost died and now has a defibrillator in his chest. He added that he is now retired from in-ring action and can never wrestle again. Here are highlights:

On the heart issues that almost killed him: “From the viral pneumonia, I had fluid in my lungs, fluid around my heart. They followed up on it, did an EKG. Basically, the way your heart pumps out, it’s 55 to 65 percent of your injection fracture is a good number. I was at 30 (percent). I had a quick text message saying, ‘don’t take time, pack a bag, we’ll head to the emergency room. I’ll fill you in on the way.’ By the time I got to the emergency room, my ejection fracture had gone down to 22 (percent). I was in heart failure. Bad. By the next morning, as they figured that out in the evening, the next morning as I was setting in to get an MRI done and about to go in for a heart cap, my ejection fracture was down to 12 (percent). I was nose diving and at the one-yard line of where you don’t want to be. For your family and your future, when they tell you it’s 99%, it gets real. We have three young girls; 15, 13, and 11 (years old). Suddenly, I come home and I’m a little bit sick, and their dad, who is strong, always, suddenly is in the hospital. I don’t know if they understood the consequences of it, but there are moments in there when they are putting you out for stuff and you think, ‘is this it? Do you wake up again?’ That’s tough to swallow. It makes you think differently about life. It doesn’t make you any less driven with the things you do, but it certainly makes you appreciate the things you have; your friends and your family.”

On his status as a wrestler: “For me, as far as in-ring, I’m done. I will never wrestle again. I have a defibrillator in my chest, which it’s not a good idea for me zapped on live TV.”

Triple H’s final match as a wrestler was teaming with Shinsuke Nakamura to defeat Samoa Joe and Robert Roode at a live event in Tokyo, Japan in June 2019.

Triple H And Stephanie McMahon’s Oldest Daughter Has Started Wrestling Training

Another generation of McMahons is already preparing for their in-ring debut.

Wrestling is very much a family business for a lot of people. The Guerreros, the Harts, the Von Erichs. The list of families who have so many members in the business that they have become synonymous with the industry goes on and on. You can’t leave the McMahons off that list, of course. Whether you like Vince McMahon and WWE in its current form or not, there’s no knowing where wrestling would be today without the McMahon family.

The McMahons have been wrestlers ever since Vince first decided to trade the boardroom and the announce desk for the ring, and his father and grandfather were promoters before him. Shane and Stephanie have followed in their father’s footsteps, and it seems even more McMahons will be entering the ring and be a part of WWE in the future.

That’s according to Stephanie who recently revealed to TalkSport that hers and Triple H’s oldest daughter has already started training. “Just like her grandfather, she wants to be the boss so we’ll see what happens with my oldest daughter who has already started training in the ring,” Stephanie said.

The WWE power couple’s oldest daughter is 15 and is called Aurora. Apparently, when she was eight, she told her parents she doesn’t want their jobs, she wants Vince’s. If Aurora is going to follow in her grandad’s footsteps, then that will require competing in the ring as well as running the company. She clearly seems to be preparing for that having already started to train. Their youngest daughter is also interested in the business, but Stephanie didn’t mention their middle daughter.

Since Aurora is only 15, her in-ring debut is still a long way off. It’s exciting to think that there is another generation of McMahons waiting in the wings. Not just Triple H and Stephanie’s three daughters, but also Shane’s three sons. As for Aurora, since she is only five years younger than The Rock’s daughter Simone Johnson, and Johnson is already under contract in NXT, perhaps the two will reignite their dads’ rivalry a decade or so from now.

Source: TheSportster

Triple H Issues First Statement Since Heart Surgery

WWE Executive Vice President of Global Talent Strategy & Development Paul “Triple H” Levesque took to Twitter this evening with his first public comments since his recent heart surgery.

As we’ve noted, WWE announced back on September 8 that Triple H underwent successful heart surgery the week before at Yale New Haven Hospital in New Haven, CT. It was stated that the operation was needed after Triple H suffered a cardiac event, caused by a genetic heart issue. WWE’s statement noted how Triple H is expected to make a full recovery.

In an update, Triple H tweeted this evening and said he’s doing well in his recovery. He also commented on being grateful for the support from WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels, and everyone else at NXT.

“I’ve been blown away by the outreach and support from so many people. I’m recovering, doing well, & deeply grateful for all the love in my life. Especially grateful for @ShawnMichaels & all the Superstars & crew @WWENXT! (Steph and the girls loved the snacks!) See you soon [folded hands emoji] [red heart emoji],” he wrote.

There is no word on when Triple H will return to work, but we will keep you updated. It was reported on September 17 that Triple H was in good enough shape that he’d been taking phone calls. WWE talents were told that they can call and wish him well, but that they were not to talk about any WWE business with him. Triple H did miss last week’s NXT 2.0 revamp episode.

Source: Wrestling Inc.

News On How Triple H Is Doing After Heart Surgery, What WWE Talents Were Reportedly Told

WWE Executive Vice President of Global Talent Strategy & Development Paul “Triple H” Levesque is reportedly doing well after his recent heart surgery.

As noted, WWE announced back on September 8 that Triple H underwent successful heart surgery the week before at Yale New Haven Hospital in New Haven, CT. WWE noted that the operation was needed after Triple H suffered a cardiac event, which was caused by a genetic heart issue. WWE also said Triple H was expected to make a full recovery.

In an update, word is that everything remains quiet regarding Triple H’s condition, but he’s in good enough shape that he’s taking phone calls, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

WWE talents have been told that they can call Triple H and wish him well, but that they are not to talk about any WWE business with him.

Triple H missed this week’s WWE NXT 2.0 reset taping, and there’s no word yet on when he will be back to work full-time.

Source: Wrestling Inc.

Triple H Undergoes Surgery Following ‘Cardiac Event’

WWE’s COO and Executive Vice President of Global Talent Strategy Development, Triple H, recently suffered a ‘cardiac event’ that required surgery.

WWE stalwart Triple H is recovering from surgery following a ‘cardiac event,’ the company revealed on Wednesday, September 8th.

Paul Levesque, a.k.a. Triple H, underwent a successful procedure last week at Yale New Haven Hospital following a cardiac event,” WWE said in a statement. “The episode was caused by a genetic heart issue and Paul is expected to make a full recovery.”

There’s been no word on Triple H’s expected recovery time, but it’s highly unlikely that he will be well enough to oversee the upcoming NXT relaunch, which is set to take place next Wednesday on USA Network.

Triple H is the founder and executive producer of NXT, which began life as WWE’s development system but soon evolved into a third brand. He has served WWE in an executive capacity for over a decade and is currently the company’s COO as well as its Executive Vice President of Global Talent Strategy Development.

The 52-year-old is a fourteen-time world champion with WWE, but he has only worked 8 matches since the start of 2018. His last match was in June of 2019 — over two years ago. In that match, he teamed with Shinsuke Nakamura to take on Bobby Roode and Samoa Joe in a winning effort at a WWE live event in Japan.

Recent reports suggest that Triple H’s real-life father-in-law Vince McMahon and Vince’s right-hand man Bruce Prichard will soon be taking over production duties on NXT. As we previously reported, WWE’s president Nick Khan recently confirmed that revamp of WWE’s developmental system was imminent. “We’re doing a complete revamp on NXT, led by Triple H,” Khan said at the time.

Source: TheSportster