At the Weigh-ins for UFC 206, main event fighter Anthony Pettis missed weight. “Showtime” came in three pounds heavy for his interim featherweight title fight with Max Holloway, who successfully weighed in at 145 pounds. The bout will still go on, with Holloway being the only one eligible to win the title and Pettis forfeiting 20 percent of his purse to “Blessed.”
Two other fighters also missed weight – Valerie Letourneau and Rustam Khabilov.
MAIN CARD (PPV/10 p.m. ET)
* Max Holloway (145 lbs.) vs. Anthony Pettis (148) for interim UFC featherweight championship
* Matt Brown (171) vs. Donald Cerrone (170.5)
* Dooho Choi (145.5) vs. Cub Swanson (146)
* Kelvin Gastelum (185) vs. Tim Kennedy (186)
* Emil Meek (170.5) vs. Jordan Mein (170)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1/8 p.m. ET)
* Misha Cirkunov (205) vs. Nikita Krylov (206)
* Olivier Aubin-Mercier (156) vs. Drew Dober (156)
* Valerie Letourneau (117.5) vs. Viviane Pereira (114)
* Mitch Gagnon (135.5) vs. Matthew Lopez (136)
PRELMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass/6:30 p.m. ET)
* John Makdessi (155) vs. Lando Vannata (156)
* Rustam Khabilov (158.5) vs. Jason Saggo (155)
* Zach Makovsky (125) vs. Dustin Ortiz (125)
TNA creative head Jeremy Borash spoke with Sports Illustrated recently and discussed Hardys, Tag team Apocalypto and more. Below are some highlights.
“TNA has had hundreds of talents come through over its history and Matt and Jeff are in a virtual tie for most uniquely gifted performers I’ve ever worked with. Jeff has always been a rock star. His creativity frightens me, like a Jim Morrison, Evel Knievel, and Andy Warhol lovechild. Matt’s “Broken Brilliance” only manifested this year and he has been called the most captivatingly innovative performer to come along in years. The combination of the two, a drone, a gardener, and an incredibly gifted wife and future king have turned the Hardys into television’s modern day Addams Family.”
Tag Team Apocalypto:
“Tag Team Apocalypto will be the most amazing match ever presented on television. Bold statement. Different than anything you’ve ever seen. Wrestling as we know it needs to evolve with the rest of entertainment, and this will be looked back at someday as a game changer. Early screeners have left people stunned. Books may be written on this match. With the secluded nature of our shooting, there will be a number of talents showing up you would never expect. Going to reserve comment regarding any specific contractual agreements at this time.”
Total Non-Stop Deletion being special:
“The buzz surrounding the “Final Deletion” landed Matt Hardy on every wrestler of the year award list. Promoting a show on his own compound and injecting guys like Lashley and Eddie Edwards into that unique world, not to mention any number of unexpected guests, Matt Hardy had a premonition that Total Nonstop Deletion will be his Citizen Kane.”
Borash also talked about being a live event host for Robert Irvine and more. You can read the full interview here.
After being removed from weekly WWE Network programming this week, WWE Hall of Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler has signed a deal for a one-man tour in the UK this coming March. Details are below:
Eros Comedy & WWE present:Jerry “The King” Lawler
An unmissable evening in the company of this WWE Hall Of Fame wrestler, broadcaster and icon.
Tour Website: ErosComedy.com
Tour Twitter Feed: @ErosComedy
Tour Facebook Page: Facebook.com/ErosComedy
Thursday 16th March: London, Leicester Square Theatre
Friday 17th March: Manchester, The Dancehouse Theatre
Saturday 18th March: Glasgow, The Classic Grand
Sunday 19th March: Belfast, The Empire Music Hall
He’s the king of Memphis… He’s a WWE Hall Of Famer… He’s one of the greatest wrestlers of all time and one of the greatest broadcasters too. If there’s an iconic moment in professional wrestling that he wasn’t part of then there’s a good chance he was commentating on it. He’s a forty year veteran of the squared circle. He’s been loved. He’s been hated. He is unlike any other in the grappling world. He’s the one and only Jerry “The King” Lawler and in March of 2017 he comes to the UK for his first ever spoken word tour.
Tickets on sale Monday 12th December, be sure to like Facebook.com/ErosComedy and follow @ErosComedy on Twitter for more information.
Artist Website: wwe.com/superstars/jerry-lawler
Artist Twitter Feed: @JerryLawler
Pro Wrestling Sheet reports that Silas Young just signed a new 1-year contract with Ring of Honor.
Young says the deal has now been finalized and it allows him to continue taking bookings with companies outside of the United States, as long as it doesn’t interfere with ROH.
The Last Real Man adds, “It will be weird to not be wrestling every weekend, but after almost 15 years it will be nice to spend some weekends with my family and let the body rest some.”
Silas announced in July that his previous deal had expired and it was reported that the two sides were in talks. No word on what took so long for the two to hammer things out.
Young says he will be fulfilling bookings that were made prior to his signing.
Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet
The following is set for tonight’s 12/8 TNA Impact Wrestling on Pop TV:
TNA Champion Eddie Edwards vs. EC3 for the TNA Title
New IMPACT Grand Champion MOOSE makes his first title defense
Laurel Van Ness vs. Allie in a Grudge Match
The Tribunal vs. Mahabali Shera and Al Snow in a Double Strap Match
The USA Network issued the following today:
USA RINGS IN THE HOLIDAYS WITH WWE(R) AIRING SPECIAL PROGRAMMING THE WEEK OF DECEMBER 12Look for the annual “Tribute to the Troops” on Wednesday, December 14 at 8:00/7:00c.
USA Network will kick off the holidays beginning Monday, December 12, with WWE HOLIDAY WEEK. In addition to regularly scheduled live WWE events, USA will feature movies starring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and the 14th annual WWE’S TRIBUTE TO THE TROOPS – a special that honors our servicemen and women and celebrates their dedication and commitment to our country.
USA Network’s WWE HOLIDAY WEEK will include:
Monday, December 12
– Festivities will begin with three hours of WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW(R) at 8/7c, featuring superstars Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, Rusev, Charlotte Flair and Sasha Banks from the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, PA.
Tuesday, December 13
– The week continues with a trio of WWE legend Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s movies – Faster (2010) at 1pm/12c, G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013) at 3pm/2c and The Other Guys (2010) at 5:30pm/4:30c.
– The two-hour WWE SMACKDOWN(R) LIVE will take place at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. at 8/7c, with top Superstars including Dean Ambrose, AJ Styles, Becky Lynch, Bray Wyatt, Kane and Randy Orton.
– Following WWE SMACKDOWN LIVE, an all-new episode of USA Network’s hit original series SHOOTER will feature WWE Superstar Randy Orton in a special guest starring role. The series, starring Ryan Phillippe, airs every Tuesday at 10/9c.
Wednesday, December 14
– At 8/7c, WWE and USA Network will celebrate our nation’s heroes with the two-hour TRIBUTE TO THE TROOPS. Held at the Verizon Center in Washington D.C., this year marks the first time in the event’s 14-year history that it will take place in our nation’s capital.
Additionally, TALK STOOP with Cat Greenleaf will feature interviews throughout the week with WWE Superstars, including Roman Reigns, Chris Jericho, The Miz and Stephanie McMahon.
It has been announced that Samoa Joe will get his rematch against new NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura on Dec. 8th in Melbourne, Australia. The match will take place inside a steel cage.