Chavo Guerrero Sr. Passes Away At Age 68

Image result for Chavo Guerrero Sr.

Chavo Guerrero Sr. passed away yesterday at the age of 68. He was the older brother to Eddie Guerrero and the father of Chavo Guerrero Jr. Chavo Jr. took to his Instagram to send out a tribute to his father:

WWE issued this statement on his passing:

Chavo Guerrero Sr. passes awayWWE is saddened to learn that Chavo Guerrero Sr., the legendary wrestler, brother of WWE Hall of Famer Eddie Guerrero and father of Chavo Guerrero, Jr., passed away Saturday at age 68.

His death was first announced on Instagram by his son, former WWE Superstar Chavo Guerrero Jr.

“Today the world lost a true rebel,” Guerrero Jr. wrote on Instagram. “He did things “HIS” way. Not always right, not always wrong, but He always followed what he believed in. He was diagnosed with Liver Cancer in early January of this year.”

Chavo Classic, as the elder Guerrero came to be known in the WWE Universe, was born Salvador Guerrero III on Jan. 7, 1949, in El Paso, Texas. He was the oldest of six children in a family that’s synonymous with sports-entertainment — from the early efforts of his father, Gory Guerrero, to the later success of his brothers, including Mando, Hector and Eddie.

His exploits made him a household name around the world and especially in the NWA Hollywood Wrestling territory, where he was a celebrated 15-time champion and a longtime rival of WWE Hall of Famer “Rowdy” Roddy Piper.

In 2004, Chavo Classic formally introduced himself to the WWE Universe, landing right in the middle of an ongoing rivalry between brother Eddie and son Chavo Jr. Chavo Classic made WWE history that same year by becoming the oldest Superstar to win the original Cruiserweight Championship.

WWE extends its condolences to Chavo Guerrero Sr.’s family, friends and fans.

After news broke on the passing of Chavo Guerrero Sr., WWE stars and wrestling personalities took to social media to give their thoughts:

Source: WrestlingINC

Lucha Underground posted:

Lucha Underground Star ‘Son Of Havoc’ Broke His Leg

son of havoc broken leg injury injured matt cross

Son of Havoc says he broke his leg last month, then walked on it for weeks before getting diagnosed … however, the Lucha Underground star is doing his best to remain positive through it all.

Havoc told Uproxx that the accident occurred on January 13th during DEFY Wrestling‘s inaugural event when he injured himself during a moonsault gone wrong.

He adds, “Multiple people offered to take me to the hospital … my thought process being, ‘if I can stand on it, and get around, it’s not broken’. Only in retrospect do I realize how foolish that sounds.”

SoH says he finally decided to get an x-ray this week and it was painfully obvious that his leg was broken once the the film hit the screen. As of right now, there’s no timetable for his return.

“I just wanna say thank you to everyone who’s reached out and helped to make me feel like I’m not alone.” He adds, “My heart is broken, my leg is broken, but my spirit is not.”

For those of you looking to help, Havoc says buying one of his t-shirts is the best way to support.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

Pentagon Jr.’s Ex-Employer Files Trademark On His New Name One-Week After It Was Announced

Lucha Underground star Pentagon Jr. may not be able to wrestle using the new name he announced after leaving AAA … because it’s been trademarked by his former employer.

Lucha Libre FMV — the company who owns AAA and Lucha Underground — filed the documents one week after the wrestler announced he left their company and would now be known as Penta OM.

The document says the trademark is now live … but, with the filing date being so recent, the wrestler still has time to file an opposition to fight their attempt to own his name.

According to Lucha Blog, the company also filed for the same trademark in Mexico.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

Pentagon Jr. Announces Departure From AAA

Pentagon Jr. announced his departure from AAA this morning and will start going by the name of PENTA EL 0M (Cero Miedo), as AAA and Lucha Underground own the names of Pentagon Jr. and Pentagon Dark. He commented on his departure on his Twitter and Facebook accounts, as seen below:

https://twitter.com/PentagonJunior/status/823167479673286657

Pentagon Jr. made a surprise appearance with AAA wrestlers Daga and Garza Jr. (who both also left AAA) last night in the main event at The Crash Luchas promotion in Tijuana Mexico. That match saw The Broken Hardys become The Crash Tag Team Champions.

Source: WrestlingINC

Alberto El Patron Teases ROH & TNA Appearances

During a recent interview with ESPN, Alberto El Patron (Alberto Del Rio) teased some appearances for both ROH and TNA. Here is what he had to say…

“I already talked to my friends from Ring of Honor, and I’m a big fan of that company and their talent. I had a blast a few years ago, and I’m going to have fun with all those guys again pretty soon, as well as doing something with my friends in TNA, especially because my friend Drew McIntyre [Galloway] works for them. I have other friends like Damien [Sandow, a.k.a Aron Rex] and Cody Rhodes. I’m just looking forward to doing an appearance with them pretty soon.”

Source: 411 Mania

Paige Reportedly With Alberto Del Rio During Stabbing Attack

There’s a lot of speculation on the alleged Alberto Del Rio stabbing incident over the weekend in San Antonio, Texas. As noted via MLW Radio, Del Rio was stabbed several times by a man on Saturday after the man hit Del Rio’s car with his own car by accident. The two drivers exited their vehicles and had words, leading to the man pulling a knife. Del Rio reportedly turned to leave, as he had to catch a flight to Mexico for Sunday’s AAA show that he missed, but the man slashed him from behind. They ended up on the ground and Del Rio got the knife away from the man but he fled in his vehicle. Reports from Del Rio and MLW Radio were that witnesses saw the attack and got the man’s license plate, police were called and a report was filed.

According to Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio and Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet, the San Antonio Police have no record of the alleged attack involving a high-profile celebrity. Meltzer says the local police aren’t saying the incident did not happen but they apparently don’t know about it.

Another interesting twist to the story is Del Rio’s girlfriend Paige. The report from MLW Radio did not mention the injured WWE Superstar being there but one account Del Rio gave Mexican media did. Meltzer was also relayed a story that mentioned Paige being there. Word is that while Del Rio and the man went to the ground with the man still stabbing Del Rio, she got involved and was thrown by the suspect. Del Rio went to check on her and that is when the man got away in his own car.

Paige being there also raises suspicion on Del Rio’s claim that he could not contact AAA until Monday morning because he lost his phone during the incident as Paige was with him and would have had a phone to use to at least start the process of notifying AAA.

More Info on Alberto Del Rio Stabbing Attack

As noted, Alberto El Patron (Alberto Del Rio) missed Sunday night’s AAA Heroes Inmortales X event in Mexico City and later revealed that he was attacked by a “criminal” outside of a restaurant, revealing stab wounds in an Instagram post. You can see the graphic photos below. AAA put out a statement on Sunday, saying the former WWE Champion had failed the Mexican public.

According to MLW Radio, AAA was unable to communicate with Del Rio as he lost his phone after the attack in San Antonio. Del Rio made contact on Monday morning, then the company apologized and are backing him now. Their relationship is still in good standing. Del Rio actually wanted to try and make the show by chartering a flight but was talked out of it as he was still hospitalized.

The incident happened in San Antonio, Texas before Del Rio was to fly out for the AAA event on Saturday night. A confrontation took place when the driver of a car hit Del Rio’s car. The driver and Del Rio both exited their cars and had words. The driver pulled a knife and Del Rio went to walk away as he had to get to the airport but he was attacked from behind and slashed with the knife. Del Rio turned around and the man tried to slash his face but Del Rio was able to move to the side, still catching a slash to the side of his head.

Del Rio took the man down but while taking him down, the man continued to fight, slash and stab at Del Rio’s arm. He eventually got the knife from the man but the suspect got away in his car. There were witnesses and they did get his license plate but there’s no word yet on if he’s been arrested. Police came and a report was filed. Del Rio went to the hospital to get stitches as he lost a lot of blood but is he said to be alright.

Source: WrestlingINC

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLH3IV3hMtT/?taken-by=el_patron_alberto

Alberto El Patron (Del Rio) Reveals Why He Missed Sunday Night’s AAA Event, Was Reportedly Stabbed (Photo)

Source: WrestlingINC

Alberto El Patron (Del Rio) no-showed last night’s AAA Heroes Inmortales X event at the Arena Monterrey in Monterrey, Mexico. El Patron shared the statement below today, revealing that he was assaulted by a criminal with a knife outside of a restaurant. It was noted that he suffered multiple lacerations on his arm and other parts of his body while he was defending himself against the criminal.

Below is the full statement:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLH2szPhUOE/

El Patron also shared a photo of his wounds, which you can check out below:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLH3IV3hMtT/

Rey Mysterio Reportedly Done With Lucha Libre AAA, Pay Issues With Talent

Source: WrestlingINC

There are major cash flow and pay issues with many AAA luchadores in Mexico, with the highest profile talent being Rey Mysterio. Mysterio is apparently done with AAA due to the late pay and corporate disorganization. He last appeared for the promotion last December.

Mysterio isn’t the only talent to be frustrated with the company, as there is a lot of disenchantment in AAA right now and several talent have complained about late pay. Many luchadores and office staff have contacted CMLL and ELITE about jumping, and some have reached out to WWE intermediaries. Chris Master also recently took to Twitter and posted a message about not receiving “a cent of help” from AAA after suffering an injury while wrestling for them, but deleted the tweet.

According to sources, the only way Mysterio would return to AAA is if they paid up and offered him guaranteed creative control.

AAA Lucha Libre: TripleMania XXIII Results

Hector Garza and Perro Aguayo Jr. were inducted into the AAA Hall of Fame.

Dinastia, Drago, Goya Kong & Pimpinela Escarlata def. Daga, Mamba, Mini Psycho Clown & Sexy Star – by Submission

Villano III’s Farewell Match: Los Villanos def. Los Psycho Circus

AAA World Trios Championship – Cage Ladder Match: (C) Los Hell Brothers def. Jack Evans, Angelico & Fenix and Pentagon Jr., El Hijo del Fantasma & El Texano Jr.

Blue Demon Jr. & La Parka (Not original La Park from WCW) def. El Mesias (Mil Muertes from Lucha Underground) & Electro Shock

Hair VS Hair Match: Alberto El Patron w/Fenix def. Brian Cage w/ El Hijo del Fantasma: Cage got head shaved.

Rey Mystero Jr. def. Myzteziz – by Submission: After the match, Pentagon Jr., Averno & Joe Lider attacked Myzteziz & Mysterio with a staple gun. Myzteziz & Mysterio fought back and Myzteziz stapled Lider. Myzteziz turned on Mysterio and challenged him to a mask vs mask match. Myzteziz powerbombed Mysterio through a table and then hit him with a military press gutbuster. Konnan was in the ring but the PPV feed got cut off.

Source: WrestlingINC.com