AAA Legally Threatens Company For Booking Pentagon Jr. And Fenix … Indie Fed Fights Back

Image result for Pentagon Jr and Fenix

 

Lawyers for AAA threatened to sue a company who booked Pentagon Jr. and Fenix on an upcoming show … but the fed isn’t run by dummies, and they fought back with a legal letter.

Lucha Libre FMV — the joint company run by AAA and Lucha Underground — sent a message through lawyers to PCW in Los Angeles earlier this month which states they are “the legitimate owner of the intellectual property related to the name, characteristics, characters and designs of ‘FENIX’, ‘REY FENIX’, ‘PENTAGON Jr.’ and ‘PENTA 0M’, among other trademarks.”

As we previously reported, LL FMV filed for a trademark on Pentagon’s new name one-week after he announced it at a Crash show in Tijuana.

The letter continues, “At the light of the above, we are sending you this communication requesting you to cease and refrain from the unauthorized and misuse of the intellectual property.” Adding, “And also please avoid to hire any person that uses such intellectual property or any other confusingly similar” … otherwise they may exercise legal action.

PCW, however, didn’t take kindly to what seems to be a pretty petty move on FMV’s part.

They fired back with a letter this week that says, “While we thank you for your concern with making sure that we are not going to use the names of performers or characters legally owned by your client, we can assure you that we are only promoting performers by names that either the performers control themselves or which no entity controls as of this date.”

The company goes on to point out that Rey Fenix filed his trademark for the name last year, long before FMV, and they have reason to believe it will get approved. As for Pentagon, they’re confident the company’s trademark attempt will be denied after he fights it in court.

PCW also mentions promotional materials don’t refer to either wrestler as Fenix or Pentagon Jr.

The initial letter and scathing response can both be found by CLICKING HERE.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

Paige And Alberto Del Rio Getting Married Soon

Paige and Alberto Del Rio are scheduled to be married in May, schedule permitting, according to The Observer. No word yet on if this will be filmed for WWE’s Total Divas. Paige proposed to Del Rio in the ring at an indie event in Puerto Rico last October but later received a ring from him in January of this year.

Source: WrestlingINC

Lucha Underground Star ‘Son Of Havoc’ Broke His Leg

son of havoc broken leg injury injured matt cross

Son of Havoc says he broke his leg last month, then walked on it for weeks before getting diagnosed … however, the Lucha Underground star is doing his best to remain positive through it all.

Havoc told Uproxx that the accident occurred on January 13th during DEFY Wrestling‘s inaugural event when he injured himself during a moonsault gone wrong.

He adds, “Multiple people offered to take me to the hospital … my thought process being, ‘if I can stand on it, and get around, it’s not broken’. Only in retrospect do I realize how foolish that sounds.”

SoH says he finally decided to get an x-ray this week and it was painfully obvious that his leg was broken once the the film hit the screen. As of right now, there’s no timetable for his return.

“I just wanna say thank you to everyone who’s reached out and helped to make me feel like I’m not alone.” He adds, “My heart is broken, my leg is broken, but my spirit is not.”

For those of you looking to help, Havoc says buying one of his t-shirts is the best way to support.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

Rey Mysterio’s Son Dominik Begins Training To Wrestle (VIDEO)

rey mysterio son wrestle wrestler training

Rey Mysterio‘s son Dominik could soon follow in his father’s footsteps … because he officially started training to wrestle this week!

Finest City Wrestling in San Diego posted a photo Monday night after his inaugural session and wrote, “Tonight Dominik took his first steps towards a awesome journey with the help from his pops Rey Mysterio and Konnan at Battle U.”

Mysterio revealed back in November that his son was working to get his body into ring shape so that he could eventually begin training inside the squared circle.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

First Day of training…. One of drills for that day forward rolls! #Tumbling #More2Come #StayTuned

A post shared by Rey Mysterio (@619iamlucha) on

Luke Perry Attends Local Event To Support His Son (Video)

Image result for Luke Perry Attends Local Event To Support His Son

Former 90210 star Luke Perry attended a wrestling event known for death matches this weekend in East Los Angeles, but not because he’s a fan — the actor was there to support his son “Jungle Boy.”

Luke’s son “Jungle Boy Nate Coy wrestled another local talent in the opening match at Underground Empire Wrestling‘s show on Saturday night called F*ck the World 3.

Perry kept his cool as he watched the two go back and forth from the stands — while filming most of it on his phone — but as you can see in the video below, he got pretty nervous at one point.

Nate Coy is only 19-years-old and still early in his wrestling career … but with a celebrity pedigree, rock star hair, and an awesome nickname, it sounds like he’s on the right track.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

ICW Coming To The WWE Network, Deal To Be Announced Soon

Word going around the UK scene is that WWE officials are close to finalizing a deal that will see top UK indie promotion Insane Championship Wrestling air on the WWE Network, according to PWInsider Elite.  No word yet on if this will be on-demand content or live content.

The deal with ICW, who recently drew several thousand fans to the SSE Hydro in Glasgow, is said to be a multi-year deal, perhaps for 2-3 years. There is said to be an agreement in place and the deal could be announced some time in the next week.

ICW is closer to the original ECW or WWE’s Attitude Era but it was noted that there content will not be toned down for the WWE Network, at least for the most part.

WWE recently polled fans on which indie companies they would be interested in seeing on the WWE Network. It will be interesting to see if they bring more promotions to the Network in 2017 as they are currently in talks with several North American promotions.

Source: WrestlingINC