WWE Stars Pay Tribute To Former TNA Star Amazing Red After His Retirement

WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion Sasha Banks took to Twitter to praise former TNA X Division Champion The Amazing Red, who runs the House of Glory wrestling promotion and school in New York City. Banks posted the tribute because Red has announced his retirement from the ring.

As seen below, Ali also took to Twitter to post a tribute to Red. Ali’s video features tributes to Red from Seth Rollins, Banks, Bayley, AJ Styles, Lince Dorado, Kevin Owens, Ricochet, Brian Kendrick, Rey Mysterio and WWE producer Sonjay Dutt.

Ali wrote, “@AmazingRed1 was such a huge influence on me. But I’m definitely not the only one who was influenced by him. He should know that.”

You can see the tribute video below, along with Red’s announcement video.

Red noted that he originally planned to “leave wrestling” after the WWE Cruiserweight Classic in 2016. In what could have led to his big break, Red was originally scheduled to work the tournament but an ankle injury kept him out of it. He said he felt like he has done everything he was supposed to do through HOG, and he’s cancelling all the shows he had planned for WrestleMania 35 Week in New York City. Red said he will continue to teach at HOG, and he will continue to support the business. “Throughout all my life, I have done things for everybody else, I’ve never done things for myself,” Red said.

He later added, “Be happy for me, don’t be upset. The reason why I made this video was for myself, because once I know I put this out there, there’s no turning back. This is me looking out for me. So, be happy about that.”

Source: Wrestling Inc.

AJ Styles Signs New WWE Contract

Former WWE Champion AJ Styles has announced he signed a new contract.

Styles shared a photo on social media of his family’s new dog and wrote: “This is the newest member of my family. Also, I’ve signed a new contract with the WWE. What a cute little guy.”

AJ’s contractual status has been up in the air for weeks, with AEW reportedly expressing interest at one point. No official details on the length of his contract.

The 41-year-old wrestler signed with WWE in 2016 and won his first world title in the company SummerSlam that same year.

AJ Styles is set to face Randy Orton at WrestleMania 35.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

Backstage Update On AJ Styles’ WWE Future

It looks like AJ Styles will be re-signing with WWE when his current contract expires next month, if he hasn’t agreed to terms of a new deal already.

Some people within WWE believe the deal has already been signed, according to PWInsider, but word is that the two sides had agreed on all the major points of the new deal.

Styles is also being advertised for the annual post-WrestleMania tour of Europe now. He is scheduled to face WWE United States Champion Samoa Joe.

There had been obvious interest from AEW, if Styles would have let his WWE deal expire, but all signs point to The Phenomenal One staying with WWE.

Styles will face Randy Orton at WrestleMania 35 next month.

Source: Wrestling Inc.

Dixie Carter Responds To Randy Orton’s WWE SmackDown Line

Tuesday night’s WWE SmackDown Live saw Randy Orton mention former TNA President Dixie Carter during his promo to set up the AJ Styles match at WrestleMania 35.

Orton said, “This is the house that AJ Styles built, right? Well, what I don’t understand is, in 2002 AJ Styles was wrestling for $10 a night in a high school gymnasium, in front of 12 people, while I was here making my WWE in-ring debut. In 2004, AJ Styles was shaking hands with his opponents in the bingo halls and I was here becoming the youngest WWE Champion ever. In 2005, AJ was down in Florida getting a tan with Dixie Carter while I was here facing The Undertaker at WrestleMania. In 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, I was here and I was a champion. This isn’t the house that AJ Styles built, this house was built long before AJ Styles ever stepped foot in this ring. This is the house that Randy Orton built.”

After a fan pointed out how Dixie was trending on social media due to the mention on SmackDown, Dixie took to Twitter tonight and responded to Orton’s jab.

Dixie wrote, “@AJStylesOrg & I never had to tan as we were always golden. My historical recollection is different than yours @RandyOrton. #SDLive”

Styles vs. Orton is expected to take place at WrestleMania 35 after Styles issued the challenge on SmackDown. Dixie has been away from the spotlight after her last Impact Wrestling appearance in January 2016. This is not her first time tweeting on the WWE storylines as she has made a few comments on EC3, her storyline nephew in TNA, since he was announced for the main roster. Dixie also appeared as an interviewee on the WWE 24 special about WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle, which premiered in the summer of 2017 on the WWE Network.

You can see Dixie’s full tweet below. Orton and Styles have not responded as of this writing.

Source: Wrestling Inc.

SmackDown Live In-Ring Promo – Randy Orton Disses Indies, AJ Styles Defends Them

During a segment last night on SmackDown Live, Randy Orton wonders how this could be The House that AJ Styles Built. Orton says in 2002, he was making his WWE debut while AJ was wrestling for $10 per night in a local gym with 12 people in the crowd. In 2004, AJ was working bingo halls while Orton was becoming the youngest WWE Champion. In 2005, AJ was in Florida getting a tan with Dixie Carter while Orton was going up against The Undertaker. He did not name TNA or Impact Wrestling, just the Dixie name-drop. And every year after that, Orton was here in WWE at the top, winning titles. Orton says this is not the house that AJ built, it was built long before AJ stepped foot in it. Orton goes on until the music interrupts and out comes AJ to a pop.

AJ says for someone who looks down on the indies, Orton sure did follow his career closely. AJ says he’s proud he came from the indies. AJ says he’s heard guys like Orton look down on AJ’s world but that’s fine because Orton would not have made it in his world. AJ points to Orton’s signature pose and says he has a knock-off Diamond Cutter. Orton points to how AJ and The Bullet Club, his pals, ripped off the “Too Sweet” gesture. AJ goes on about how Orton had help his whole career, especially on as Triple H, Batista and WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair made sure he wouldn’t fail. Orton defends his accomplishments and goes over some highlights from his career. Orton says no one has ever had to help him get… AJ interrupts and reminds Orton of Evolution, Legacy, Rated RKO, The Wyatt Family. AJ says it sounds like Orton had a lot of babysitters over the years.

AJ says don’t get him wrong, Orton is who he says he is – he’s a viper who uses everyone around him and then tosses them to the curb when he’s done. AJ says that’s why he got the jump on Orton with the attack at Fastlane, because he won’t be Orton’s next victim. Orton says AJ has no choice as long as he wants to rent a room where Orton is the landlord. Orton says rent is due, b—h, and AJ can make the check out to three letters… RKO. Orton drops the mic and goes to leave but AJ says if Orton wants his rent, he can come and take it. AJ points up at the WrestleMania 35 sign as he says this. They stare each other down and Orton looks up at the WrestleMania sign. Graves wonders if Orton will accept the challenge. Orton exits the ring and stares AJ down as AJ’s music hits.

Transcript from Wrestling Inc.

AJ Styles Shoots Down Report Of Hernia

Related image

As previously noted, AJ Styles missed WWE live events this past weekend and has been out of action since facing Daniel Bryan at The Royal Rumble pay-per-view.

It was reported that Styles is suffering from a hernia, however Styles shot down those reports on Twitter. In response to a user asking, “WHAT ARE U DOING WRESTLING WITH A HERNIA!!?????” Styles replied, “Yeah, about that. I don’t have a hernia.”

https://twitter.com/AJStylesOrg/status/1093270762142789642

Styles also recently shut down reports that he had signed a new contract with WWE.

Styles is scheduled to compete at WWE Elimination Chamber in a six-man Elimination Chamber match for the WWE Championship. Elimination Chamber takes place on February 17, 2019 from the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.

Source: WrestlingINC

Seth Rollins And AJ Styles Injury Updates

Related image

Seth Rollins and AJ Styles have been out of action since The Royal Rumble.

AJ Styles has a hernia, according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio. Styles is advertised for tonight’s SmackDown Live, as well as this weekend’s SmackDown live events.

Seth Rollins has been dealing with a bad back. WWE is reportedly just resting Rollins up, and the injury is said to not be serious enough to threaten his scheduled match against WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 35.

Rollins was scheduled to be at last night’s RAW, but never appeared on television. Post Wrestling reported over the weekend that he will not be working live events for the foreseeable future, and will not be getting physical on WWE television over the next month. Despite this, WWE has him advertised for this weekend’s RAW live events.

Source: WrestlingINC

Backstage News On AJ Styles’ WWE Contract Expiring Soon

Image result for Backstage News On AJ Styles' WWE Contract Expiring Soon

From people very close to the situation, the strong expectation is that AJ Styles is staying with WWE when his contract expires this April, according to Dave Meltzer on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio.

Meltzer mentioned how it is an incredibly opportunistic time for Styles to have his contract ending because he is good friends with people like All Elite Wrestling Executive Vice Presidents, The Young Bucks. Despite that, the situation is that Styles is reportedly staying with WWE.

AJ Styles takes on Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship at WWE Royal Rumble, taking place tonight at Chase Stadium in Phoenix, Arizona.

Source: WrestlingINC

AJ Styles Impersonates “Stone Cold” Steve Austin

Image result for AJ Styles Impersonates "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

The dark main event after last night’s WWE 205 Live tapings at the Legacy Arena in Birmingham, Alabama saw WWE Champion Daniel Bryan retain over AJ Styles by disqualification. Bryan reportedly cut a strong heel promo, which poked fun at Alabama for losing to Clemson in the College Football Playoff National Championship earlier this month. AJ came back and laid Bryan out, also stopping to celebrate with a young fan in the crowd. AJ then impersonated WWE Hall of Famer Steve Austin, switching out the beer cans for water bottles, after hitting a Phenomenal Forearm on Bryan. You can see video from the segment below:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsr0BdOlxD6/

Source: WrestlingINC

Backstage News On Chris Jericho’s AEW Contract, AJ Styles Speculation

Image result for Backstage News On Chris Jericho's AEW Contract, AJ Styles Speculation

Chris Jericho’s new contract with All Elite Wrestling is reportedly for 3 years, according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio. Meltzer said Jericho revealed that this is the best contract of his career.

As noted before, Jericho talked with WWE and AEW up until the last minute, signing his AEW contract just recently. It came down to AEW offering Jericho a better deal. Jericho will be allowed to work New Japan Pro Wrestling and his cruise, which are stipulated in the contract.

It’s no secret that AEW and WWE are getting aggressive when it comes to signing top talents to contracts. AEW is expected to pursue WWE talents when their contracts expire. Cody Rhodes and The Young Bucks have friendly relationships with many of the WWE talents, which will help with potential negotiations. One top WWE Superstar who has a contract coming up that they are familiar with is AJ Styles. Meltzer speculated on WOR that Styles has a lot of leverage right now because he’s a top WWE talent and AEW would offer him a significant deal with an easier schedule. Styles is making a lot of money with WWE right now but AEW potentially could beat that. AJ turns 42 this year and if he really wants an easier schedule with good money, he could get that from AEW.

Meltzer noted that no one is in a better position between WWE and AEW right now other than Styles, except for maybe Kenny Omega. Omega’s future has not been confirmed but it’s still believed that he will end up with AEW after his New Japan Pro Wrestling contract expires on January 31.

It was also noted that AEW is offering good money to wrestlers right now. During the recent Double Or Nothing rally, Cody talked about how AEW wanted to change the wrestling economy and how they wanted to pay wrestlers good money because happy, paid wrestlers translates to happy fans. Some of the AEW contracts are totally exclusive but others are being allowed to work elsewhere. AEW officials are wanting to make everything beneficial for all talents. There’s no word yet on what talents like “Hangman” Adam Page are earning from AEW but WWE made a strong offer to Page and he turned them down.

Source: WrestlingINC