DDP & Hulk Hogan’s Daughter’s Starting Women’s Wrestling League With Other Famous Offspring (VIDEO)

wrestling league ddp daughter brooke hogan christy hemme

Diamond Dallas Page‘s daughter says she and bunch of other famous famous female offspring are starting their own wrestling league … and they claim to be eyeing TNA as the competition.

Brittany Page explained the new venture to TMZ … saying, “Were basically starting a women’s league and it’s gonna kinda go against Impact Wrestling, TNA, and so we’re really excited about it.”

Partnering with Page are Brooke Hogan, Lacey Von Erich, Roddy Piper‘s daughter Ariel Toombs, and  Jean-Claude Van Damme’s daughter Bianca Van Damme.

Former TNA creative team member Christy Hemme is apparently involved as well and Brittany sorta-kinda says her dad may also show up.

Check out the video of her full interview below:

WWNLive Partnership Announced With New Streaming Site

wwnlive flosports floslam partnership evolve roh shine fip streaming service

Independent promotions are hotter than ever this year, and WWNLive is looking to capitalize on that by making a deal with a new subscription service who’s looking to change the game.

FloSports announced their partnership with WWNLive on its website Monday, noting that the five-year agreement will make FloSlam.tv the new home for all WWNLive properties — including EVOLVESHINE, and Full Impact Pro.

FloSlam will host live coverage and replays of all future WWNLive promotions as well as archives dating back to 2003. They’ll also produce a series of original documentaries.

In addition, the company is actively seeking more wrestling companies to bring on-board.

WWN President Sal Hamaoui commented on the deal saying, “This relationship will allow us to continue to serve and expand our loyal, passionate fan base who will have access to all WWN-branded events at a very affordable monthly or annual price.”

The agreement begins November 4th with live coverage of SHINE 38. The cost to subscribe is $20 monthly or $150 annually.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

New Pro Wrestling Streaming Service To Launch With A WWE Connection?

wwnlive flosports floslam partnership evolve roh shine fip streaming service

A new pro wrestling streaming service is expected to start making announcements this coming week. FloSports has been talking with several top indie wrestling companies about bringing their content to a new platform called FloSlam, according to PWInsider.

FloSports has been streaming other sports for a while and recently released apps for Roku and AppleTV.

There is a WWE connection here as FloSports announced back in August that they received $21.2 million in new funding. WWE was one of their investors, along with Discover Communications and others.

You can check out the FloSlam website at this link. The site advertises “unlimited access to the best professional wrestling content on the planet” and says they will have:

* Live Streamed Competitions (Top pro wrestling events around the world)

* Archived Event Library (Every live-streamed event available on demand)

* Original Documentaries (Exclusive documentaries featuring elite pro wrestlers)

It’s possible these are just placeholders but a background image for the website features John Cena and Randy Orton while a “People” section on the website includes just about the full WWE roster, complete with profiles. Images used on social media also have WWE Superstars in them.

It looks like a FloPRO subscription will give you access to other Flo websites and is billed at $20 per month or $150 per year.

Source: WrestlingINC

Former WWE Manager Frenchy Martin Passed Away

Image result for Frenchy Martin WWE

Former WWE manager and wrestler Jean “Frenchy Martin” Gagne passed away this morning after a battle with cancer, according to PWInsider. He was 66 years old.

“I led an extraordinary life,” Martin told The Montreal Journal last month.  “I am proud to have succeeded in the world of wrestling. I am no more worthy than another, but I’m not afraid of death. I accept the result. ”

 Martin had long runs in Stampede and Puerto Rico before coming to the WWF in the 1980s, where he wrestled, did commentary, hosted an interview segment for international broadcasts and managed the late Dino Bravo among others. He was known for his trademark sign that read “USA is not OK”

The World Wrestling Council in Puerto Rico dedicated their Anniversario events over the weekend to Martin.

On behalf of everyone here at Wrestling News Blog, we’d like to send our deepest condolences to Martin’s family, friends and fans.

Source: PWInsider

TNA Running Out Of Time To Make A Deal, WWE Back In Play On A Potential TNA Sale

Source: WrestlingINC

WrestlingINC has noted before that WWE has had interest in purchasing the TNA, mainly for the tape library, and that a real offer did exist but it was described as an option if no other parties purchase the company. Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio today that WWE is back in the picture in regards to the sale. Dixie Carter is able to sell to whoever she wants to and apparently things have become very complicated.

TNA is running out of time and at last word, there was still no deal for Billy Corgan to purchase the company. Corgan needs to make a deal to fund this Sunday’s Bound For Glory pay-per-view and next week’s TV tapings. When Corgan talked to ESPN this week, he still talked like a deal could be weeks away but Meltzer noted that a deal needs to be made before Friday as it’s the last business day before Sunday’s pay-per-view.

While WWE would mainly want the TNA tape library, they would likely keep a few wrestlers but the company would be done.

Update:

Mike Johnson of PWInsider reports that he’s also heard more and more about Dixie Carter having talks with WWE about a potential sale over the last 5 days. It was noted this morning that the sale has become very complicated and Dixie can sell to whoever she wants to.

There’s still the chance that Billy Corgan can make a deal happen but even Johnson believes “the fuse on the TNA bomb is close to the end.” Johnson adds that something or someone is going to have to give soon and there’s no avoiding it.

Regardless of who becomes the new owners, it should be a very interesting week for TNA. Stay tuned to the site for the latest.

Billy Corgan declares He’s In Negotiations To Buy TNA

Some news coming out of Prowrestlingsheet.com  Billy Corgan who is currently the president of TNA took to his official Facebook posting a video, at the 3:50 mark the rock legend discusses the on going rumors of him buying the company. He says

“The source that’s behind this particular story is also the source that once said I couldn’t afford to buy the company [TNA]. Which is pretty funny, because I’m actively engaged now in trying to buy the company. I’m not saying I will buy the company. I’m saying I’m trying to buy the company.”

Corgan hopes to build the company from the buttom up and not just in creative. Do you find this news surprising? Let us know in the comments below.

Eva Marie Releases Statement On Her Suspension 

As reported yesterday Natalie Coyle (Eva Marie) was suspended for 30 days for her first violation of WWE’s wellness program. Due to the suspension being effective immediately she will not be competing in the 6 women’s tag match that was set for this Sunday’s SummerSlam

Eva’s husband Jonathan took to social media claiming that his wife’s suspension wasn’t justified and that more details would come out soon via an official statement from his wife.
Thanks to Pro wrestling sheet. We now have that official statement and it reads as follows.

I am disappointed that this suspension has occurred, yet understand and respect that WWE upholds their Wellness Policy to the letter and won’t compromise on its integrity. I violated policy by not turning in portions of required paperwork in the time frame WWE Medical deemed timely. I look forward to my return! Thank you for your support”

Eva Marie’s Husband (Jonathan Coyle) Says His wife’s Suspension Isn’t Justified 

Via Prowrestling Sheet Jonathan Coyle says his wife’s 30 day suspension for her first violation of the company’s wellness program  was unjustified. He said quote 

When the public finds out why my wife was unjustly suspended they will be absolutely outraged! Official statement and facts coming soon.” 

We will be following this story up as soon as Eva releases her official statement, so be sure to follow Wrestling News blog on facecook and @WrestlingNewsWNB on Twitter 

WWE Suspends Eva Marie 

Via WWE.com –  WWE has suspended Natalie Coyle (Eva Marie) for 30 days effective immediately for her first violation of the company’s talent wellness policy

It would seem that the WWE has been hit with the Black Plague when it comes to suspensions. This marks the third in the last 24 hours. (DelRio and Paige are also on the list)

One has to wonder if they all tested positive for the same banned substance? Some fans even believe it could all be staged for an episode of Total Divas.   either way this is the kind of news we never like to hear.

UFC Veteran Leslie Smith announces She Has A Tumor And Can’t Afford Treatment 

In the world of combat sports more often then not we see our favorite fighters on the sidelines due to injury. As fight fans we know that every time a man or woman steps foot in the cage they are risking life and limbs for our entertainment and for the love of the game.

What some people may forget though is that these tremendous athletes are humans too. Yeah sure some of them may look super human, but they are human no less.

Many people know  Leslie Smith as the girl who’s ear exploded in a fight against Jessica Eye back in November 2014. Despite the shape her ear was in “the peacemaker” wanted to continue against doctors orders but that wasn’t the case.

Aside from that though smith is a decorated fighter in her own right. She’s traded blows with the likes of Raquel Prnnington, Jessamyn Duke, Rin Naki, Jennifer Maia and she was even Chris Cyborg’s first opponent in the UFC.

Today the UFC vet who’s been fighting since 2008 (8-7-1) gave us some disheartening news via MMA LIVE on AXS TV 

“I have a tumor on my stomach. But, I don’t have a way to get that fixed. I don’t have a way to get that taken off because it’s not a fight related issue.

As we know by now, fighters are covered under a medical insurance policy upon signing with the organization. However, it should be noted that the UFC’s current insurance plan for fighters works more as a form of liability insurance that covers the combatants for injuries suffered during fights or training. This is not the kind of medical insurance that an employer would typically provide in the United States, that covers the general health of an individual and in most cases, their families as well

We here at WNB would like to extended our well wishes to Leslie smith. She will be in our prayers. To see Leslie’s announcement skip to the 2:21 mark of the video