Jungle Boy Faces David Arquette At Indie Show(Video), Talks Acting With Father Luke Perry In His Final Film

AEW Star Jungle Boy, Jack Perry, took on David Arquette last night at a Bar Wrestling event. Near the end of the match, Arquette hit a Canadian Destroy for a two-count. Jungle Boy would then sneak in a roll-up for the victory. You can check out clips of the match in the video below.

TMZ Sports caught up with Arquette after the match to talk about Jungle Boy’s abilities.

“He’s just got so much talent, so much heart,” Arquette said. “He’s incredible. He’s super smart. It’s hard to believe he’s so young and so talented, but he started when he was just a little guy.”

Back in March, Jack Perry’s father, Luke Perry, passed away at the age of 52 after a suffering a stroke. He was a huge supporter of his son’s wrestling career, often in the crowd for his shows.

Luke Perry’s final film, Once Upon a Time In Hollywoodwill also feature his son. Jungle Boy commented about the upcoming movie during an appearance on Talk is Jericho.

“I did some extra work,” Jack said. “He’s like, ‘I want you to be in the same film, or like collection of footage that I’m in’ … and he was really adamant about it. I was like alright dad I’ll do it. My dad was so excited about that. That really kind of reinvigorated him and re-energized him. Because he liked Riverdale, but it was work, it was like his job. He told me, ‘This is like you getting to wrestle Chris Jericho.'”

Source: Wrestling Inc.

David Arquette To Face Luke Perry’s Son Jungle Boy

Joey Ryan’s Bar Wrestling promotion has announced Jungle Boy (Jack Perry) vs. former WCW World Champion David Arquette for their “It’s Gonna Be May” event on Wednesday, May 8 in Los Angeles.

There is a unique story behind this match as Jungle Boy is the son of the late actor Luke Perry, who unexpectedly passed away at the age of 52 on March 4. Perry had encouraged his son to further his pro wrestling career and could be seen at some of his indie events. Arquette and his sister, actress Patricia Arquette, were friends with Perry for more than 30 years. Luke was the one by Arquette’s side after his bloody deathmatch with Nick Gage that went wrong back in November.

“I’m thinking, ‘I just got cut in my neck, and if that’s my jugular, I’m going to die.’ Pretty quickly after that I exited the ring and had someone look at it. Luke is a dear friend of mine, and his son, who is a fantastic wrestler named Jungle Boy, was wrestling on the same show. We’ve been friends for over 30 years, so Luke is the one I went to see to look inside the wound. He looked and said no, so I knew I didn’t cut a main artery or vein. I could feel something was wrong with my neck, but I wanted to finish the match and tell a complete story,” Arquette told Sports Illustrated last year after the bloody incident.

Arquette continues to take regular bookings on the indie scene following his comeback in 2018. Jungle Boy is making a name for himself on the indies and recently signed with AEW.

Source: Wrestling Inc.

Rhyno’s WWE Contract Expires In July.

Wrestling Inc. reports that they have learned that Rhyno’s WWE contract expires this July.

Rhyno last wrestled in the Andre the Giant Battle Royal at WrestleMania 35 last month. The former ECW World Heavyweight Champion has only made a few appearances on WWE television since losing a storyline loser gets first match to Heath Slater on RAW last December.

Rhyno is starting to accept independent bookings, so it appears as if he will be leaving the company once his contract is up. As seen below, IWC announced that Rhyno will be returning to their roster this summer.

Rhyno had returned full-time to WWE in 2016 for SmackDown following the WWE brand extension. He went on to become one-half of the inaugural SmackDown Tag Team Champions alongside partner Heath Slater after the defeated The Usos at Backlash in September of 2016. After being drafted to RAW in April of 2017, he was used sparingly on television.

Below is the announcement from IWC:

Source: Wrestling Inc.

Joey Ryan Teases Signing With WWE And Announces Farewell To Indies

Joey Ryan wrote on Twitter that his time on the independent circuit is coming to an end. Ryan even has a new “Farewell” tour shirt available at Pro Wrestling Tees.

As previously reported, WWE had talks with Joey Ryan last week to work in their developmental system after they found out he was free from his Lucha Underground contract. In the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that WWE’s offer was “nothing special” and wouldn’t be for the main roster. It is more of a case of signing him so that he wouldn’t be available for other promotions.

In The Wrestling Observer Newsletter last week, it was reported that WWE had asked Ryan to move to Orlando to wrestle in NXT for a few years before transitioning into a coaching position.

Ryan had been expected to sign with AEW, as he was a big part of All In last September and he has been regularly featured in the Being The Elite series. In his tweet, Ryan used #RAW, which could always be to swerve fans. Ryan also posted his schedule on the indies this month, which consists of 16 dates.

Ryan had a WWE tryout back in 2013. After the tryout, Ryan, who is 39 years old now, told Wrestling Inc. that the only feedback he received was that he was too old.

“I mean, it was what it was,” Ryan told us in 2013. “I don’t even know how to really describe it because it didn’t have a whole lot to even do with professional wrestling. It was more just conditioning and they focused very little on professional wrestling and very little of the drills they ran that had to do with professional wrestling. We did hours and hours of rolls and cardio and then like a minute on promos. So it was like, really different than I thought it was because I thought they’d want to focus more on seeing everyone’s acting abilities or everyone’s personalities, but they really didn’t. It was more like, let’s just have a look at everybody and see what we like. I don’t even know if there was any kind of measuring stick to be like, well if he does this well or they do this well then we’re going to have our interest in them.

“It was more kind of just them having a look at everybody and just getting everybody in one room and making their decisions based on what they personally liked or not. My only feedback from them really was that they feel like I’m too, which was kind of confusing to me, they feel like I’m too old and experienced to be in developmental. I’m in my 30s now, but my age and experience didn’t change from when they invited me to the camp, so I didn’t really understand that. To them, they’re in control of how they do their system. So that was my feedback. They just didn’t feel like it was the right time in my life to be in developmental. They’re not bringing anybody straight onto TV at the moment because they’ve got a full roster themselves. So it was what it was.”

You can check out Ryan’s tweets below:

https://twitter.com/JoeyRyanOnline/status/1123010635216736258

https://twitter.com/JoeyRyanOnline/status/1122929803638624257

Source: Wrestling Inc.

Photos & Videos From W.W.A. Show In Evansville, In 4/27/19

Below are some photos and videos from Saturday nights World Wrestling Alliance (W.W.A.) show in Evansville, In.

Possible Reason Why CM Punk Did Run In At Indie Wrestling Event

MKE founder Silas Young appeared on Busted Open Radio today. During the interview, Young discussed MKE’s event last Friday at the Knights of Columbus in West Allis, Wisconsin, which featured a masked man doing a run in to help Ace Steele defeat Daryck St Holmes.

Wrestling Inc. confirmed that it was in fact CM Punk who did the run in at the show. Punk and Dave Prazak, who was involved with the show, were both trained by Steele and Prazak managed Punk early in his career.

Young discussed Punk’s appearance during the interview. While he wouldn’t 100% state that it was Punk, he discussed why Punk might have made the appearance. He noted that Punk wrestled in the building, which is being torn down early next month, during the start of his career.

“That’s the building where [Punk] kinda got his start at,” Young said. “Shortly before that match happened, my wife came up to me because she was one of the managers in the match. She was like, ‘I heard Punk’s going to do a run in.

“It made sense with the match being with Ace Steele and having Dave Prazak involved, those guys are longtime friends and they broke in the business [together]. Punk had maybe his first match in that building. That building has had wrestling for years, a lot of guys got their start there. Unfortunately it’s going to be torn down early next month so we were the last event there. I think it’s just one of those things where he wanted to pay a little respect or a little homage to it.”

As we exclusively reported on Sunday, Punk was never backstage at the show. He had waited in his car outside of the venue before doing the run in and then left immediately afterwards.

“[Punk] was never at the building beforehand, he wasn’t at the building after,” Young said. “He came, did the run-in in a mask and then left in a mask. I can’t even 100% say it was CM Punk, but from what I was told [it was], and I don’t know why anyone would lie to me.

“That’s what I was told and I’d like to believe it, if for nothing more than the publicity it got MKE Wrestling.”

You can listen to the interview with Young below.

https://twitter.com/BustedOpenRadio/status/1120383395543101442

Sources: Wrestling Inc. and Busted Open Radio

CM Punk Crashes Indie Show Under A Mask

Ring of Honor star and Founder of MKE Wrestling Silas Young commented about the MKE Wrestling event The Last Knight in West Allis, Wisconsin on Friday night, where a masked individual did a run-in during the show.

Young wrote, “Last night we held @MKE_Wrestling at the Knights of Columbus building in West Allis the place was packed with 350 people. This place has had 25+ years of wrestling and is the place a lot of guys started. Guys like @ColtCabana as well as a Punk who showed up in a mask last night.”

It’s being speculated that the masked man was CM Punk himself, who hit a GTS on one of the wrestlers in the ring. Earlier in the day, Punk was also seen wearing the same hoodie, which you can see in the photo below.

Wrestling Inc. has confirmed that it was in fact CM Punk under a mask who appeared at MKE Wrestling’s “The Last Knight” event this past Friday night.

A masked man appeared at the end of the show to help Ace Steele defeat Daryck St Holmes. The masked man, sporting a hoodie that Punk had worn earlier in the day at a BJJ tournament, entered the ring while the referee was down and hit Daryck St Holmes with Punk’s GTS finisher. The masked man then darted out the door and was not seen again.

The last time CM Punk was in a wrestling ring was during the Royal Rumble match at the 2014 Royal Rumble.

Below is Young’s tweet and MKE Wrestling’s clip of the match.

https://twitter.com/lastrealmanROH/status/1119619372128059393

https://twitter.com/MKE_Wrestling/status/1119611860234457088

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwfjnM6FSBG/?utm_source=ig_embed

You can see the side by side comparisons of the masked man, and CM Punk, earlier in the day in the embedded tweet below:

https://twitter.com/JonAlba/status/1119802113880666112

Source: Wrestling Inc.

Impact Wrestling & UCW Present: Critical Transformation 4/13/19 Live On Twitch

It all goes down in Owensboro, KY LIVE on Twitch this Saturday. IMPACT Wrestling partners with UCW to Present: Critical Transformation.

According to Impact Wrestling’s website the Pre-Show gets started at 7:30PM ET and the show starts at 8PM ET LIVE on Twitch.

According to UCW’s Facebook page bell time is 7:30PM C

See all your favorite IMPACT Stars, Johnny IMPACT, Moose, Brian Cage, Madison Rayne and more compete at Critical Transformation. Anything can happen LIVE on Twitch and this show promises to be one that we will not soon forget.

I don’t know for sure if all the matches listed above will air live on Twitch.

Jerry”The King” Lawler & Rikishi Dance At NBA Game, Wrestle In A Tag Match Against Steiner Brothers With Buff Bagwell

Last night at a Memphis Grizzlies game, WWE Hall of Famers Jerry “The King” Lawler and Rikishi wrestled against The Steiner Brothers (Scott & Rick) with Buff Bagwell to become the new Grind City Tag Team Champions.

Buff Bagwell attempted to crack Lawler with a foreign object during the match, he missed and hit Steiner, allowing Lawler to pick up the win.

In the video below, Lawler and Rikishi would come out during the third quarter of the game to dance with the Memphis Grizzlies’ Grizz Girls. The group danced to Too Cool’s theme and Lawler wore a “Grandmaster Sexay” vest to honor his late son, Brian Christopher.

David Arquette Suffered Heart Attack Before Wrestling Return

Image result for david arquette wrestling

Actress Patricia Arquette appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show this week and revealed that her brother, former WCW World Heavyweight Champion David Arquette, suffered a heart attack about a year and a half ago, which was not long before he made his return to the ring on the indies in 2018. Patricia said she is not thrilled about David being back in the ring.

“Well, he was the world champion of wrestling many, many years ago, so this is a revival of his wrestling career,” Patricia said. “So he started wrestling again, and it is scary. He’s older now, he had a heart attack, and now he’s wrestling. It really scares me. I actually don’t watch the matches because it would terrify me too much.”

Patricia made headlines back in November 2018 after she expressed frustration over David’s return to the ring after he suffered a scary cut to the neck during a Death Match against Nick Gage.

David, who recently visited WWE headquarters in Stamford to film for some sort of project and was backstage for this week’s RAW in Atlanta, recently said his return to the ring was done so he could prove himself and stand up for himself following the run with WCW almost 20 years ago.

“Eighteen years ago, I won a WCW World Heavyweight Belt,” David told People Magazine. “But that win was a big disgrace to the belt and the wrestling community and ever since people have been criticizing me. I really wanted to prove myself and stand up for myself. I was sick of being bullied and for people thinking I’m just some punk from Hollywood.”

Arquette continues to take indie bookings. He’s scheduled to face King Brian Anthony at Northeast Wrestling’s WrestleFest XXIII event on April 26 in Danbury, CT. Below is a flyer for that event along with Arquette’s tweets with WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair from this week’s RAW. Arquette has stated that he would never work another Death Match but as seen below, he’s cashing in on merchandise that mark the bloody match from November:

https://twitter.com/newwrestling1/status/1098626053621407745

https://twitter.com/RicFlairNatrBoy/status/1100193574031933440

https://twitter.com/LVFightShop/status/1099140398746763265

Source: Wrestling Inc.