The Young Bucks and Cody have finally announced the location of their upcoming “All In” event and Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned a wrestling podcast convention will be going down as well.
The self-financed event will take place on September 1 at the Sears Centre in Chicago, Illinois — which has a capacity of 11,800 people — the group announced on it on the latest episode of Being the Elite via “Arrow” star Stephen Amell.
According to sources, there will also be a wrestling podcast convention attached to the event that will feature live podcast sessions with many of the top names in wrestling podcasting, as well as legends signings and several official “weigh-ins” for “All In.”
Additional talent already announced for the event include: Kenny Omega, Marty Scurll, Hangman Page and Tessa Blanchard. Flip Gordon still isn’t booked (yet).
Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi will face The Young Bucks at NJPW Strong Style Evolved in Long Beach, California on March 25. On Twitter, Omega said as a friend he wasn’t sure if he was ready for this match, but as a team the Golden Lovers will be. The Young Bucks recently announced they would no longer be Junior Heavyweights, Omega later proclaimed he and Ibushi were the best tag team in the world, which the Young Bucks took exception to.
Below is the latest episode of Being The Elite, which features the fallout from Cody attacking Kenny Omega at NJPW New Beginning earlier this week. In the video, Cody and Brandi Rhodes go skiing while Matt Jackson’s wife asks him what happened in room 710. Matt said that he wasn’t ready to talk about what transpired in the room.
The end of the video features Nick Jackson looking into the future. It cuts to Colt Cabana and Ian Riccaboni at ROH Supercard Of Honor XII talking about a matchup later that night that people thought they “would never see in the history of wrestling.” Riccaboni then revealed the match: “The American Nightmare” Cody vs. “The Cleaner” Kenny Omega.
Cody and Omega have been teasing a split since last summer, when Cody attempted to “throw in the towel” for Omega during his IWGP Heavyweight Championship match against Kazuchika Okada at Dominion in June, which ended up in a draw. Omega attempted to get Cody’s wife, Brandi, to do the same during Cody’s title match against Okada the following month at NJPW’s G1 Special. Things came to a head last Sunday at New Beginning when Cody hit Omega with the Cross Rhodes following an argument after Omega lost the IWGP United States Championship to Jay White. Cody then grabbed a steel chair, but Koto Ibushi ran out to make the save for Omega and chased the Bullet Club off.
Nothing has been announced from ROH so far regarding the main event for Supercard Of Honor XII, so it’s possible that it was just a gag for the episode. Omega and Cody are confirmed to be wrestling on the show, as are The Young Bucks, Ibushi, Hiroshi Tanahashi and ROH World Champion Dalton Castle, although no matches have been officially announced yet.
ROH Supercard Of Honor XII takes place during WrestleMania weekend on Saturday, April 7th at the Lakefront Arena in New Orleans, LA.
Get ready to mark this down on your calendars … because the date was announced today for the 10,000 seat show Cody Rhodes and The Young Bucks are self-financing called All In.
Cody and the Bucks dropped the news by tweeting, “I’m @ALL_IN_2018 September 1st” and the event’s twitter page now has over 15,000 followers.
Thanks for taking this journey with us. The location for ALL IN will be revealed on an upcoming episode of #BeingTheElite -Nick, Matt, Cody
As we previously reported, the group have been in talks with various venues for months. Our sources say the front-runner locations are Chicago, London, San Francisco and Ontario, California.
Kenny Omega is officially confirmed for the event and All In’s Twitter page says the location will be revealed on an upcoming episode of Being the Elite.
The Young Bucks and Cody Rhodes are planning something big for 2018. Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned the Bullet Club members are in talks with multiple venues to put on a 10,000 seat event.
As you may recall,The Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer tweeted earlier this year saying ROHwouldn’t sell out a 10K seat show “any time soon” and Cody responded saying he’d “take that bet.”
Sources tell The Sheet that Cody has been dedicated to making it happen since, so the trio recently decided to take things into their own hands by self-financing the event — which is tentatively being called “All In” — and things have been rapidly progressing the past few weeks towards an official announcement.
The Sheet reports that the current front-runner locations for the show are Chicago, London, San Francisco and Ontario, California (where Bullet Club’s WWE invasion took place).
The Sheet’s sources say Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson and Rhodes are looking to partner with ROH, who they have exclusive domestic contracts with, but it’s unclear if an official deal has been worked out yet.
Ring of Honor posted the video above to their official Twitter account hyping their “Survival of the Fittest Tour.” In the video, Ring of Honor Champion Cody Rhodes cut a promo on WWE, as well as inviting (kind of) The McMahons to the show.
“The company that I used to work for, they ignored all other companies, right?” Rhodes asked. “And then they stole all of my dad’s ideas.
“We want everyone to come to our show, including The McMahons,” Cody said. “We are offering free tickets, comp tickets.”
Marty Scrull interrupted him and said that would would offer the McMahons a “10 percent discount.”
The event will take place in San Antonio at the Austin Highway Event Center on November 17th, one day before NXT Takeover: War Games in Houston, Texas. For more information and to purchase tickets, click here.
ROH veteran Jimmy Jacobs made an appearance at their iPPV on Sunday, just days after we broke the news of his WWE release, and the former writer was there to poke fun at what happened.
Jacobs, who was working for WWE as a creative writer was released or fired after he posted a selfie with the Bullet Club outside of RAW during Bullet Club’s ‘Being The Elite’ invasion video on Instagram.
It all went down at Global Wars: Chicago when Bullet Club gathered in the ring to cut a promo after Kenny Omega retained his IWGP United States Championship with a win over Yoshi-Hashi.
Before the BC leader could sign off though, Matt Jackson interjected saying they should all take a selfie to commemorate the moment. However, none of the wrestlers had a phone on them. So they looked to the crowd for help and discovered Jimmy amongst the fans.
The group then went to the ringside area to snap a selfie with their buddy and Nick Jackson got on the microphone afterward to apologize on their behalf for getting him fired.
In the latest Being the Elite, Matt and Nick Jackson of the Young Bucks sadly get rid of their “Too Sweet” merchandise after receiving an actual “cease and desist” from WWE. The video also features Marty Scurll, Cody and Brandi Rhodes.
WWE sent a cease and desist letter to The Young Bucks (Nick and Matt Jackson) this week claiming the Bucks were using intellectual property owned by the company, in specific the “too sweet” hand gesture. The letter threatend damages in the range of $150,000 per item, any profits made off the items and legal fees.
According to a report by The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, any merchandise with references to the term “too sweet” that the Bucks were selling through their own website (YoungBucksMerch.com) and ProWrestlingTees.com has now been in removed in response. It should be noted that Bullet Club shirts being sold at Hot Topic stores nationwide did not have any reference or drawings in question by WWE, which have sold an estimated 100,000 t-shirts the last three months according to Nick Jackson.
WWE first registered ownership of the former “too sweet” hand gesture in 2015, something the Bucks responded to at the time. While it had a rich history in the early days of the nWo in WCW, WWE hadn’t used it for many years and it had a rebirth in New Japan Pro Wrestling with the formation of The Bullet Club during Finn Balor’s time with the promotion. The Young Bucks began marketing it in 2013. Getting into a legal battle with WWE right now over the trademarks was described in the report as being very costly.
WWE sent the letter after video was taken of The Bullet Club “invading” the RAW taping this past Monday in Ontario and put it online later that day as part of the “Being The Elite” YouTube series. The group promoted a last minute appearance at a Hot Topic store close to the arena and then gathered fans to walk over to do a remake of the DX invasion of WCW back in 1998. WWE sent the letter the following day claiming intellectual property violations over any references to “too sweet” including DVD releases, t-shirts, photos and other merchandise being sold. The video remains online that you can view below.