Bron Breakker Undergoes Surgery, WrestleMania Plans Now in Question

Bron Breakker’s momentum has hit an unfortunate roadblock, as a new report indicates the powerhouse star has undergone surgery to repair a significant hernia. The news comes via the Wrestling Observer, and as of now, there’s no clear timeline for when Breakker could be back in action.

The injury didn’t stop Breakker from making headlines during Royal Rumble weekend. Entering the Men’s Royal Rumble at No. 2, he was taken out before even stepping into the ring after being blindsided by a mysterious hooded attacker. Despite that, Breakker eventually made it into the match, only to be eliminated later on by Oba Femi.

What raised eyebrows was that Breakker still appeared on the RAW that followed, unleashing a chaotic rampage around the ringside area. His destruction became the backdrop for LA Knight confronting Logan Paul and Austin Theory, adding another layer of intrigue to an already wild segment. Paul Heyman later addressed the situation, claiming Breakker was looking for a fight with Knight, but said Knight had already been escorted from the arena. Heyman also suggested officials should remove Breakker as well, further teasing internal tension.

Behind the scenes, Breakker had been heavily rumored as Seth Rollins’ WrestleMania 42 opponent, though WWE never made the match official. Rollins is reportedly on track to be medically cleared in time for the show, but Breakker’s surgery now puts that potential showdown in doubt.

For now, WWE is keeping things quiet regarding Breakker’s recovery, leaving fans to wonder how long he’ll be sidelined and whether WrestleMania plans will need to change. Given how prominently he’s been featured, his absence would be a significant shake-up — both creatively and on the road to WrestleMania.

Seth Rollins Injury At WWE Crown Jewel Reportedly Led To Major Creative Shift in WWE’s “Vision” Storyline

The shocking betrayal of Seth Rollins on Monday Night Raw wasn’t part of the long-term plan—at least, not yet. According to new reports from PWInsider and Fightful Select, WWE was forced to make a “heavy creative pivot” following a legitimate injury to the World Heavyweight Champion at Crown Jewel.

Just days after standing tall alongside Bron Breakker, Bronson Reed, and Paul Heyman at the Perth premium live event, Rollins was blindsided by his own allies on Raw. The sudden fracture of The Vision—the faction that had seemed rock-solid heading into Crown Jewel—was reportedly written on the fly to explain Rollins’ upcoming absence from TV.

Sources tell PWInsider that Rollins was spotted with his arm in a sling after his win over Undisputed WWE Champion Cody Rhodes in Perth. The injury apparently occurred when Rollins went for a high-risk coast-to-coast headbutt. Despite getting hurt mid-match, he powered through to finish the bout and retain his title.

Fightful Select added that the original plan had been for Breakker’s eventual split from Rollins to unfold sometime next year, but the injury forced WWE to move that storyline up. With Rollins now sidelined, Breakker and Reed are reportedly being positioned for a bigger spotlight much sooner than expected.

At this point, there’s no confirmed timetable for Rollins’ return. He’s said to be undergoing medical testing later this week to assess the severity of the shoulder injury.

The timing couldn’t be worse for The Vision’s Architect. Rollins had been locked in a heated rivalry with CM Punk, whom he defeated for the World Heavyweight Championship after a dramatic Money in the Bank cash-in at SummerSlam. In a twist of irony, that title win had been built around fake rumors of a Rollins injury—now, real life seems to have imitated storyline.

WWE fans will now have to wait to see how the company adjusts both the Vision storyline and the Punk feud while their champion recovers.

Seth Rollins’ Faction Reportedly Getting New Name and Theme Song from Mainstream Music Artist

WWE appears to be going all-in on the rise of Seth Rollins’ new faction, with reports suggesting the company is planning a major rebranding — including a fresh theme song produced by a mainstream music artist.

According to a new report from Bodyslam.net, WWE is working on a new entrance theme for Rollins and his group, signaling a potential shift in the faction’s presentation. While details about the artist haven’t been revealed, the move suggests that WWE sees big things ahead for the trio, and wants to elevate their presence with a high-profile sound to match.

Rollins has long had one of the most iconic entrances in modern WWE, with his current theme — a mix of his “Burn It Down” era music and a massive singalong chorus — becoming a fan-favorite in arenas around the world. That song has become so synonymous with his character that even WWE Hall of Famer Bully Ray recently commented that Rollins “wouldn’t be as over” without it.

So, changing it is a big deal — and speaks volumes about WWE’s investment in this new stable.

The faction has been on a steady ascent since forming in the aftermath of WrestleMania 41, when Rollins shocked fans by aligning himself with Paul Heyman. The partnership opened the door for Bron Breakker to join the group on the RAW after ‘Mania, and more recently, Bronson Reed was added to the mix. The trio has already picked up big wins, including a decisive victory over Sami Zayn and CM Punk at Saturday Night’s Main Event.

Their influence has only grown since then, culminating in Rollins capturing the Money in the Bank briefcase for the second time in his career — a win that was no doubt aided by his powerful allies.

With the group on a hot streak, a new name is reportedly on the way as well, likely solidifying their identity as a long-term fixture on the red brand. While fans are still speculating about what the new moniker could be, the pairing of Rollins’ charisma, Heyman’s mastermind reputation, and the raw power of Breakker and Reed is clearly clicking behind the scenes — and on-screen.

Between the rumored musical collaboration, faction branding, and Rollins’ Money in the Bank victory, WWE is clearly positioning this group as one of RAW’s top acts heading into the summer.

Backstage News On Brock Lesnar’s Replacement In WWE Royal Rumble Match

After a sex trafficking lawsuit was filed against Vince McMahon and WWE, Brock Lesnar’s return to WWE TV at the 2024 Royal Rumble had to be canceled.

Lesnar, a former WWE/UFC Heavyweight Champion, was the only one who fit the bill regarding the lawsuit naming a former WWE/UFC Heavyweight Champion.

Instead, Bron Breakker stepped in and took Lesnar’s place in the match, which was eventually won by Cody Rhodes.

Dave Meltzer is reporting that Breakker was not initially scheduled for the men’s Royal Rumble match but executed all the spots that Lesnar was supposed to perform.

Source: eWn

Bron Breakker Challenges Seth Rollins For World Heavyweight Title On WWE NXT

After this week’s episode of “WWE NXT,” it seems Bron Breakker is looking past the “NXT” Championship and toward a larger goal. During Tuesday’s episode, Breakker revealed that he wants to face new WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins for the title.

Breakker called out Rollins in the final moments of the show, saying he wanted Rollins to prove that he was “the workhorse of WWE” by coming to the developmental brand and putting his title on the line. He also said that while Rollins was the inaugural “NXT” Champion, Breakker was the most dominant holder of that title. Breakker is a former 2-time “NXT” Champion, his most recent reign lasting nearly a year, from April 4, 2022, to April 1, 2023.

Rollins became the WWE World Heavyweight Champion last month at WWE Night of Champions after defeating AJ Styles in the finals of the World Heavyweight Championship Tournament. Rollins has already made his first defense of the title, defeating the Judgment Day’s Damian Priest this week on “WWE Raw.” He’s also a former 2-time WWE Champion, a former 2-time Universal Champion, and of course, the first-ever “NXT” Champion, having won a tournament for that belt, as well, back in 2012.

Source: Wrestling Inc.

What Happened After NXT Spring Breakin’ Abruptly Went Off The Air

The show ended with two hooded figures staring down an unsuspecting Bron Breakker.

NXT TV special Spring Breakin’ took place on Tuesday night. Cameron Grimes kicked things off by successfully defending the North American Title, and Nikkita Lyons and Cora Jade successfully saw off Natalya and Lash Legend. The show ended with Bron Breakker defending the NXT Title against Joe Gacy, a match that ended with the title still around the second-generation star’s waist.

After the match, Gacy was on his knees in the corner as two hooded figures in red masks stepped up onto the apron. However, it was at that point this week’s NXT 2.0 came to an abrupt end. If you went to bed wondering if that was intentional, no, it wasn’t. There was a whole segment planned after that, but the show clearly overran and it wasn’t shown on USA.

Instead, WWE had to settle for posting the footage on Twitter, which you can check out below. The clip begins with the hooded figures who were watching from around the arena descending on the ring and attacking Breakker with a steel chair. The two anonymous people in red masks then proceed to put the boots to the NXT Champion.

Gacy then directs the two of them as they remove a barbed wire-clad stretcher from under the ring and proceed to place Breakker onto it. The pair then slowly carries the champ out of the arena as the clip fades to black. That’s presumably where WWE actually planned on ending this week’s broadcast, more than 90 seconds after the USA feed was cut which resulted in a rather jarring end to the show.

That ending implies the issues between Breakker and Gacy aren’t over.

Source: TheSportster

Rick Steiner Involved In First WWE Storyline Since 1994

WWE Hall of Famer Rick Steiner was kidnapped by Joe Gacy and Harland on this week’s NXT 2.0.

Rick Steiner returned to NXT for the first time since his son Bron Breakker won the NXT Championship for the first time … but things went a little differently this time.

It all went down at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida during the cliffhanger climax of this week’s edition of NXT 2.0 on USA Network. Breakker had just successfully retained the NXT Championship with a victory over “Der Ring General” Gunther in the main event when his father, the legendary WWE Hall of Famer Rick Steiner, appeared on the big screen. Rick congratulated his son on the win, but as the camera panned out it was revealed that Rick was tied up and had been locked in a cage … by the villainous Joe Gacy and the brutish drone known as Harland.

As the show drew to a close, a concerned Breakker looked on and Gacy said he was going to teach the old dog some new tricks. Steiner’s involvement in this week’s show marks his first involvement in a WWE angle since he parted ways with the company back in 1994.

Steiner set foot in a WWE ring for the first time since 1994 following the conclusion of the New Year’s Evil edition of NXT 2.0 on USA Network back in January. Bron Breakker had just defeated the veteran Tommaso Ciampa in a thrilling main event to capture the NXT Championship. The show went off the air, but the WWE cameras didn’t stop rolling … and that’s when the Dog-Faced Gremlin himself appeared to celebrate with his boy.

Rick and his brother Scott joined WWF in 1992 and would go on to win the WWF Tag Team Championship on two occasions. Despite tasting glory in the WWF, the brothers did not get along with Vince McMahon and ultimately left the company in 1994. Time heals all wounds, though, and both Steiner brothers were inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame during the induction ceremony last Friday.

Source: TheSportster

NXT Champion Bron Breakker Debuts On RAW

NXT Champion Bron Breakker made his RAW debut last night, teaming up with Tommaso Ciampa to take on Dolph Ziggler & Bobby Roode.

It all went down at the Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse in Cleveland, Ohio on Monday, March 7. Breakker made his debut on the red brand alongside his NXT colleague and mentor Tommaso Ciampa during a backstage interview with Kevin Patrick. The importance of the moment was not lost on the second generation Superstar, who acknowledged that it was a dream come true.

Later on, Ciampa and Breakker joined forces to take on Dolph Ziggler and Bobby Roode, with whom they have been feuding since Dolph Ziggler gatecrashed NXT 2.0 several weeks back. The NXT Superstars defeated the main roster tag team in a little under 10 minutes, with Breakker picking up the win for his team by pinning Ziggler clean.

On the next edition of NXT 2.0, Breakker will defend his gold against Ziggler and Ciampa in a Triple Threat Match.

Breakker (real name Bronson Rechsteiner) signed with WWE in February 2021. The 6ft, 230 lb athlete is a former NFL player who was waived by the Baltimore Ravens in 2020 has now made a name for himself in sports entertainment. The 24-year-old comes from wrestling royalty, so his success in WWE was almost an inevitability. As The Steiner Brothers, his father (Rick Steiner) and uncle (Scott Steiner) were one of the most formidable tag teams of the 80s and 90s and won titles with NWA, IWGP, WCW, and WWE.

Rick Steiner Appears With Bron Breakker After WWE NXT New Year’s Evil

The legendary Rick Steiner watched from ringside as his son Bron Breakker defeated Tommaso Ciampa for the WWE NXT Title in the main event of last night’s NXT New Year’s Evil event.

As seen in the photos and videos below, Steiner cheered his son on throughout the match, and then joined him in the ring for the post-match celebration after NXT went off the air.

Steiner was also greeted by Ciampa after the match. While Steiner was still in the crowd, Ciampa went over and shared a moment of respect with the former World Tag Team Champion, former WCW World Television Champion and former WCW United States Champion.

Breakker had noted in previous interviews that his father was supposed to be in the crowd for his first title match against Ciampa, back at Halloween Havoc in October, but he wasn’t there. There was no sign of Breakker’s legendary uncle, Scott Steiner, at tonight’s show.

Source: Wrestling Inc.

For full results from last night’s WWE NXT New Year’s Evil click HERE – Wrestling INC

Chucky Bothering Bron Breakker At Halloween Havoc Was A Tribute To Rick Steiner

Chucky had a bone to pick with Bron Breakker at Halloween Havoc, much like he did with his dad Rick Steiner 23 years ago.

Chucky wasn’t bothering Bron Breakker and making random references to Rick Steiner for no reason. It was an obscure homage to WCW that many fans might not be aware of.

Halloween Havoc called NXT home on Tuesday night and played host to no fewer than three title changes. The Women’s Title and both sets of Tag Team Championships changed hands on the show. The only Superstar who was unable to win his title match was Bron Breakker who tried but failed to dethrone Tomasso Ciampa.

Those who watched Halloween Havoc will have had to put up with multiple Chucky references. The creepy doll was NXT’s special guest for the evening. However, not all of Chucky’s appearances were entirely random. The ones that revolved around Breakker were actually pretty cool tributes to his father, Rick Steiner.

In case you didn’t know, which is entirely likely as it happened on an episode of Nitro 23 years ago, Chucky was once a guest on WCW Nitro. The doll bothered Steiner that night, hence the multiple references involving Breakker at Halloween Havoc. The first one featured Breakker, who was preparing for his match at the time, being startled to find Chucky sitting in his locker.

The doll then played the role of hype man for Breakker and Ciampa’s main event match. Chucky even wondered out loud whether being a loser runs in Breakker’s family. No, that wasn’t a cheap shot at the Steiners by WWE as some fans may have interpreted it. It was indeed a call back to the obscure interaction between Steiner and Chucky on Nitro.

Despite what many fans thought might happen in the main event, Breakker did not come away from it the new NXT Champion. While he has been getting a monster push since NXT became NXT 2.0, and fans seem to be gravitating to him, that’s probably for the best. The title match at Halloween Havoc was only his fourth since signing with NXT.

Source: TheSportster