Jon Jones On Possibly Appearing At WWE SummerSlam

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones tweeted that appearing ringside at WWE’s upcoming SummerSlam pay-per-view has crossed his mind.

The comments came after a follower on Twitter asked the newly-crowned UFC titleholder if he planned on showing up ringside at the event in Brooklyn, New York.

“It’s crossed my mind,” Jones tweeted.

Jones defeated Daniel Cormier at UFC 214 last month in Anaheim, CA and immediately called out former UFC heavyweight champion and current WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar. Lesnar immediately commented on Jones’s challenge:

“Be careful what you wish for, young man,” Lesnar replied to The Associated Press.

Brock will face Roman Reigns, Samoa Joe and Braun Strowman in a Fatal Four-Way Match for the WWE Universal Championship at SummerSlam in less than two weeks. He remains under contract with WWE through April 2018.

A super-fight pitting Jon Jones against Lesnar is something the UFC reportedly wants to do, however, it’s not without its obstacles. Lesnar has to finish out serving a one-year suspension after failing two drug tests in connection with his fight against Mark Hunt at UFC 200 last year. When Lesnar retired from MMA, his suspension was frozen. He must be back in the testing pool for a full four months before he’s able to fight. Last time he fought he was granted a testing exemption, which resulted in two failed drug tests, a suspension and a civil lawsuit filed by his opponent.

UFC President Dana White said shortly after Jones called out Lesnar that a fight between the two happening anytime soon was not a reality.

“It’s fun to talk about, but the reality of it happening anytime soon, it’s not a reality,” White said.

Source: WrestlingINC

Ronda Rousey Reportedly Entertaining a WWE Run

According to Fightful.com, Ronda Rousey is reportedly interested in a WWE run. After Triple H set up her appearance at the Mae Young Classic tapings, Rousey has expressed interest in a pro wrestling run and was referred to Brian Kendrick (who worked with Eva Marie at WWE’s request) for training purposes in Southern California. There was buzz backstage at the tournament that Rousey’s training would start soon. She’s taken some basic bumps so far. Rousey also has several connections to wrestling; friend Marina Shafir is engaged to NXT’s Roderick Strong, Jessamyn Duke has started her wrestling training, and Shayna Baszler is in the Mae Young Classic.

Source: 411Mania

Japanese Star Yoshihiro Takayama Reportedly Paralyzed From Wrestling Accident

Image result for yoshihiro takayama

According to MMA website, Middle Easy, MMA Fighter and former IWGP Heavyweight Champion, Yoshihiro Takayama is reportedly paralyzed from the neck down after a failed spot during a wrestling match back on May 6 for the DDT pro wrestling promotion. During the match, Takayama attempted a Sunset Flip on his opponent, but fell on his head performing the move.

MMA fans will remember Takayama in his incredible battle against Don Frye at Pride 21 in 2001. Takayama also worked for All Japan Pro Wrestling and Pro Wrestling Noah, winning multiple titles at each promotion, including the GHC Heavyweight Championship in Noah.

While his injuries were known at the time, representatives have just now brought the severity of the news to the public. The article also indicates medical costs could be a concern for the family, but a way to help out has yet to come to light.

Samoa Joe and William Regal on the news:

Source: WrestlingINC

Jessamyn Duke Wrestling Training Photos

As reported yesterday MMA 4 Horsewomen Jessamyn Duke has begun wrestling training at Santino Bros Wrestling Academy in Southern California earlier this week during a seminar taught by NJPW’s Rocky Romero.

Jessamyn’s move is interesting, since last month she and her fellow Four Horsewomen had an on-camera encounter with the Four Horsewomen of NXT during a Mae Young Classic match featuring Shayna Baszler.  Furthermore, TMZ reported in 2014 that Rousey was only interested in a WrestleMania match if her crew were also involved.

Let the speculation continue.

Here are some photos:

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

Jessamyn Duke Starts Pro Wrestling Training

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, MMA fighter Jessamyn Duke started wrestling training last weekend. She was working out in a class run by Rocky Romero at the Santino Brothers pro wrestling school in Southern California. Duke is friends with Shayna Baszler, who is in the Mae Young Classic. Along with Ronda Rousey and Marina Shafir, the four were known as MMA’s four horsewomen.

Source: 411Mania

Brock Lesnar Responds To Jon Jones After Being Called Out At UFC 214

ufc 214 brock lesnar jon jones call out video response responds

Jon Jones called out Universal Champion Brock Lesnar at UFC 214 on Saturday night … and The Beast was quick to respond.

Jones regained the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship by defeating Daniel Cormier and during his post-match speech he looked into the camera and said, “Brock Lesnar, if you want to know what it feels like to get your ass kicked by a guy who weighs 40 pounds less than you, meet me in the octagon.”

The Associated Press reached out to Lesnar after UFC 214 and his response was short, but sweet … saying, “Be careful what you wish for, young man.”

As we previously reported, Brock recently re-entered the USADA testing pool and is considering a return to MMA after his WWE contract expires next year. UFC officials initially denied the report, but Dana White has now changed his tune and claims he doesn’t know Lesnar’s USADA status.

White also conceded that Jones’ wish wouldn’t be granted anytime soon, yet Jon remained serious about his call out during a post match press conference.

“We’re serious about it, and it would be great for the MMA world. It would bring more of the general public to mixed martial arts, and that’s what we need.”

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

UFC 214: Cormier vs. Jones 2 Fight Card 7/29/17

Image result for ufc 214 cormier vs jones 2

The biggest UFC event of 2017 occurs on Saturday, July 29, when UFC 214 takes place at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. The UFC 214 fight card features three title fights headlined by a rematch between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier for the light heavyweight championship.

In the co-main event, Tyron Woodley defends the welterweight title against Demian Maia. For the vacant women’s featherweight championship, Cris “Cyborg” Justino battles Tonya Evinger.

Main Card –  10pm/7pm ETPT

Light Heavyweight Title – Daniel Cormier (c) vs. Jon Jones

Welterweight Title – Tyron Woodley (c) vs. Demian Maia

Women’s Featherweight Title (vacant) Cris “Cyborg” Justino vs. Tonya Evinger

Robbie Lawler vs. Donald Cerrone; Welterweight

Jimi Manuwa vs. Volkan Oezdemir; Light Heavyweight

FXX Prelims – 8pm/5pm ETPT

– Ricardo Lamas vs. Jason Knight; Featherweight
– Aljamain Sterling vs. Renan Barão; Catchweight (140 lbs)
– Brian Ortega vs. Renato Moicano; Featherweight
– Andre Fili vs. Calvin Kattar; Featherweight

UFC Fight Pass Early Prelims – 6:30pm/3:30pm ETPT

– Kailin Curran vs. Alexandra Albu; Women’s Strawweight
– Eric Shelton vs. Jarred Brooks; Flyweight
– Josh Burkman vs. Drew Dober; Lightweight

Our very own Vanessa Vasquez will be there you can follow us on our Facebook page for reports and exclusive content.

Wrestling News Blog/Facebook

Brock Lesnar Comments On Rumored UFC Return Opponent

As noted earlier, Dave Meltzer noted on The LAW that there is definitely something to the rumors of current WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar possibly returning to UFC later this year to fight. Meltzer noted that UFC officials are looking at the December pay-per-view for Lesnar’s return, which would be several months before his WWE contract expires after WrestleMania 34 in April 2018. Meltzer noted that UFC is having a bad year and is looking for Lesnar and Ronda Rousey to return, plus another fight from Conor McGregor this year. Meltzer said on The LAW, “They’ve got a budget and this year has been terrible. They want some drawing power for the end of the year.”

Meltzer noted that he’s been told UFC wants Lesnar to go up against Jon Jones but that would depend on what happens this coming weekend at UFC 214. Jones is scheduled to face Lesnar friend Daniel Cormier for the UFC Light Heavyweight Title. Meltzer speculated on UFC grooming Jones to be a big superstar and the feeling is that there could be a major coronation if the 30 year old beats Lesnar.

Jones did a Facebook Live Q&A on Tuesday and was asked about possibly moving up to heavyweight to fight Lesnar. He said:

“I would love to fight Brock Lesnar. He’s a massive dude. I mean, it would be a massive draw. Really big for the sport. It’d be a great challenge. That’s a big ol’ boy. I doubt Brock Lesnar would take that fight, though. I definitely wouldn’t try to wrestle with him the whole time. I would … you know what, I wouldn’t tell you what I would do.”

The Associated Press contacted Lesnar later in the day for a response to Jones’ comments and The Beast had the following to say:

“Would I fight Jon Jones? Anytime, anywhere. Right now he should be worried about D.C. on Saturday night.”

Media outlets are reporting that a Jones vs. Lesnar superfight, which would bring a big payday for both fighters, couldn’t happen until after April 2018 due to Lesnar’s contract status with WWE but Meltzer speculated that Vince McMahon will allow Lesnar to fight again as they made the deal for him to fight at UFC 200 and both sides came out alright, for the most part at least. Due to the UFC 200 failures, WWE was forced to admit that they do not test Lesnar under the Wellness Policy because he is a part-time Superstar. WWE does hold the exclusive rights to Lesnar’s services while he is under contract.

There have been conflicting reports on if Lesnar has been re-added to the USADA testing pool but he must be in the pool in the next few weeks if they want him to be eligible for a December fight because he has 5 more months of his suspension related to the UFC 200 drug test failures, which was frozen when he announced his retirement from fighting last year.

Source: WrestlingINC

Backstage News On Brock Lesnar Returning To UFC To Face Major Star This Year

Pro wrestling and MMA journalist Dave Meltzer was recently a guest on The LAW to discuss rumors of Brock Lesnar returning to fight for the UFC.

“There’s definitely fire to the smoke,” Meltzer said.

Despite reports that Lesnar may be entering the USADA testing pool to fight when his WWEcontract expires in April, Meltzer reports that the UFC is reportedly targeting a Lesnar return fight for a late December pay-per-view. However, Lesnar must be in the USADA testing pool in the next couple of weeks to be eligible to fight as he has five more months of his suspension that was frozen when he retired from fighting.

“Well, UFC wants [a Lesnar fight] because UFC’s having a bad year,” said Meltzer. “I’d heard a couple weeks ago they wanted Ronda Rousey back and they want Brock Lesnar, they want another Conor McGregor fight this year. They’ve got a budget and this year has been terrible. They want some drawing power for the end of the year.”

When asked if WWE, who hold the exclusive rights to Lesnar’s services, would allow for him to fight again, Meltzer explained Vince McMahon dodged a bullet the last time they let him do it and came out alright. Because they made a deal for Lesnar to fight at UFC 200 while under WWE contract, Meltzer said he guesses they feel like they can do it again.

WWE did not come out of UFC 200 in a positive light as Brock Lesnar was hit with a USADA anti-doping violation after testing positive for the banned estrogen blocker clomiphene in an out-of-competition test and in-competition test. As a result, he was suspended for one year. When he retired, his suspension was frozen. Lesnar’s victory over Hunt was overturned to a no contest. WWE had to admit they do not test Lesnar under their Wellness Policy because he’s a part-time superstar.

As for Lesnar’s potential UFC opponent, Meltzer noted it depends on what happens Saturday at UFC 214, but a name has been mentioned.

“Their idea is Jon Jones,” said Meltzer “That’s the name I was told.”

Jones will face Daniel Cormier for the UFC light heavyweight championship at UFC 214 on Saturday. Meltzer believes UFC is grooming Jones, who pulled out of the main event of UFC 200 due to an anti-doping violation, to become a superstar. He’s 30-years-old and the feeling is it would be a major coronation if he could beat Brock Lesnar.

Lesnar remains under WWE contract through April 2018.

Source: WrestlingINC

Alberto El Patron Stepping Down As President Of Combate Americas

combate americas alberto el patron del rio airport altercation incident domestic battery paige

Alberto El Patron has had a storm of controversy around him for the past two weeks … and now he plans to step down as President of MMA company Combate Americas amidst the chaos.

Combate Americas CEO Campbell McLaren confirmed the news in an interview with MMAUno … but claims the decision was made because Patron wants to focus on wrestling.

McLaren explained, “I think he’s reaching a point in his career when he knows that the physical demands of wrestling are not what he wants to continue doing, but I think he knows he’s got a couple of years still left to keep maintaining his level of performance.”

He also emphasized that Patron will still be at Combate events.

Alberto is currently under investigation by the Orlando PD for a domestic battery incident involving his fiancé Paige, despite police already suggesting that she be charged with battery.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet