At UFC’s 181 post fight press conference Phill “CM Punk” Brooks discussed his decision to fight for the UFC, being compared to Brock Lesnar, fight camps, weight class and more. (Check out the video here) http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/12/7/7347281/cm-punk-ufc-181-media-scrum-video
Category: Industry News
Reactions to CM Punk signing with UFC
Just in case you missed this ground breaking announcement here is CM Punk talking about his new career choice
Weather you are happy or not about the UFC’s newest signee there is no doubt that this is a HUGE business move. A lot of people will either tune in to see Punk dominate in the UFC or fail miserably. One thing is forsure though lots of eyes will be on his debut in 2015 and it’ll definitely bring lots of crossover fans. Hell I would be lying if I said I wasn’t excited to see how this is going to play out. Meanwhile people of both the wrestling and MMA world have been reacting on twitter. Here are a few notable tweets.
Are you on bored with punk coming to the UFC? Do you absolutely hate it? Let us know in the comments below
-Vanessa (@GreatLove91)
CM PUNK SIGNS WITH UFC
NOPE you’re not dreaming you read the headline correctly. The self proclaimed “Best in the world” is trading in his wrestling boots for some UFC gloves. It was announced on air from the UFC181 ppv in Las Vegas with the help of UFC commentator Joe Rogan that none other then CM Punk has signed with the UFC.
It is being said that Punk will be making his octagon debut in 2015 as a fighter in the middleweight division. It should be noted the Punk does have extended training in BJJ and has friends in the organization. You can read more about this major announcement here http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/12/07/cm-punk-signs-with-ufc
How do you feel about this announcement. This wouldn’t be the first time a former WWE superstar has transition into the fight world. Do you think Punk will fit in? Do you think it’s a bad move?
Personally I think the move will gain a lot of crossover fans and if this is something punk wants I’m all for it. One question remains though. Will he be fighting under CM Punk or Phill Brooks?? Only time will tell
-Vanessa (@GreatLove91)
News On Jeff Jarrett’s GFW TV Tapings
Wrestling with Death Series On WGN America
Executive producers Leftfield Pictures (Pawn Stars, Counting Cars & American Restoration) present their family docuseries Wrestling With Death on WGN America. The family docuseries follows The Lathams from Osceola, Arkansas, a family who are morticians by day who run The Wilson Funeral Home and pro wrestlers by night who run The Mid-Southern Championship Wrestling League. The series premieres Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 10 P.M. ET on WGN America. 12 weekly back-to-back half-hour episodes have been ordered.
Source: WrestlingINC.com
NJPW Launches New Japan World, Their Own Version Of WWE Network
Following big announcements that New Japan Pro Wrestling would be on American television (AXS TV) and pay-per-view, NJPW has now announced their own over-the-top distribution network similar to WWE Network. The service is called New Japan World and will cost $8.50 USD and will feature all the promotions live events beginning this month. Events featured will include Wrestle Kingdom 9 and the G1 Climax Tourney.
Wrestling Observer believes NJPW is getting closer to ending it’s relationship with their current television distributor Samurai! TV. At a press conference early Monday, NJPW announced that the Korakuen Hall shows, which previously aired Samurai! will now air on their own service (New Japan World).
NJPW owner Takaaki Kidani has expressed his desire to compete with WWE and said that currently NJPW is the number 2 company as it pertains to business, but number 1 in the ring. They plan to pass WWE and are making moves into American homes, NJPW hopes to earn 100,ooo subscribers for the first year for their service New Japan World. As of now the entire site is in Japanese with apparently no option for a translation. However, some American fans have already ordered the service.
Source: WrestlingINC.com
Yoshi Tatsu Suffered Neck Injury
AJ Styles vs. Yoshitatsu 11-8-14(NJPW) – Video Dailymotion.
Check out the Styles Clash at 20:17 in the video at the link provided above.
New Japan Pro Wrestling announced on their official web page that former WWE Superstar Yoshi Tatsu will not compete in the rest of the NJPW World Tag League Tournament. Tatsu stated on Twitter that test revealed that he has broken 2 bones in his neck and he believes the injury was sustained during a amcth with AJ Styles fro NJPW’s November 8 Power Struggle show. Tatsu indicated that he is in lots of pain and cannot sleep.
NJPW has indicated that changes to the tournament card are forthcoming.
Tatsu thanked his friends and the YoshiArmy for all their prayers;
NJPW Gets American TV Deal
New Japan Pro Wrestling has reached a television deal with AXS TV ( formerly known as HDNet). The deal was announced in a highlight package previewing AXS TV’s 2015 lineup. NJPW is seen at the 1:34 mark in the video above. The show will debut on Friday, January 16, at 9 P.M. ET.
Reportedly the show will initially feature content from 2013. This will follow NJPW’s foray into American pay-per-view in January, as they’ll co-promote with Jeff Jarrett’s Global Force Wrestling. The first episode is said to feature the 2013 Hiroshi Tanahashi VS Kazuchika Okada match from the Tokyo Dome. They’re also set to run the 2013 G1 Climax Tournament.
Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Josh Barnett and Mauro Ranallo will handle the commentary. Barnett has performed as a pro wrestler for both IGF and NJPW in the past. Barnett and Ranallo will record audio for the series starting next week.
AXS TV is owned by a consortium consisting of Mark Cuban, Ryan Seacrest, Anschutz Entertainment Group, Creative Artist Agency and CBS Corporation ( this info came from Wikipedia).
Source: WrestlingINC.com, UPROXX.com
Jim Ross Featured In Latest GFW – NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 9 Promo
Jim Ross is featured in the latest promo for the New Japan Pro Wrestling January 4th pay-per-view Wrestle Kingdom 9 from the Tokyo Dome being presented by Global Force Wrestling. The video focuses on The Bullet Club and JR notes that they group is very good as a unit.
JR noted on Twitter that his GFW – NJPW announcing gig is for one night only.
Dixie Carter Annouced TNA’s New TV Deal
Dixie Carter announced that TNA has a new TV deal.
DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS ACQUIRES EXCLUSIVE BROADCAST RIGHTS TO TOP PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING LEAGUE, TNA IMPACT WRESTLING, FOR DESTINATION AMERICA
Discovery Communications has signed a multi-year deal with TNA to bring Imact Wrestling to Destination America. Impact Wrestling will premiere on Destination America in January 2015.
For the full story go to ImpactWrestling.com




