Photos: World Wrestling Alliance (W.W.A.) Evansville, In. 2/23/19

Image may contain: one or more people

Last night I attended the World Wrestling Alliance (W.W.A.) show in Evansville, In. The show featured wrestling legends “Superstar” Bill Dundee and Tracy Smothers. “Beautiful” Bobby Eaton was also there for the meet and greet but I didn’t get a photo of him.

Both Dundee and Smothers competed in the Royal Rumble type match they called Indiana’s Biggest Battle Royal for the W.W.A. Championship.

Check out the photos below:

 

The Elite Make Surprise Appearance At Bar Wrestling Event (Video)

bar wrestling the elite surprise appearance video

Members of The Elite made a surprise appearance at Bar Wrestling in Los Angeles on Wednesday night.

It all happened at the Bootleg Theater during the main event after SCU laid out an open challenge which was answered by RockNES Monsters and Watts.

Both referees got knocked out at one point in the match and Joey Ryan intervened to stop Watts from hitting Scorpio Sky with a chair. Joey got attacked for doing so and Hangman Page came out to save him. The two rivals then put their differences aside  … by making Watts grab their penises.

RockNES Monsters returned to the ring afterward and attacked Joey/Page from behind, but Cody and Brandi Rhodes came out to make the save. Brandi hit the Bionic Spear and Cody hit an outside dive while wearing his dress clothes.

Watts re-emerged and hit Cody with a big boot … then The Young Bucks hit the ring.

The full match showing SCU end things with a victory will be available soon on Pivot Share.

According to SoCalUncensored.com (where the group’s name came from), Cody told the crowd during a post-match speech that they were all signed to AEW … then Brandi made him fire them.

This appearance is the first for the group after announcing their new promotion All Elite Wrestling.

Watch the video below.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

Joey Ryan Injury Update

Image result for Joey Ryan

Joey Ryan, who has been inactive since early November due to a torn pectoral muscle, announced on his official Twitter account that he will be returning to the ring in late January.

https://twitter.com/JoeyRyanOnline/status/1078122477308370946

Cody Rhodes Says January Announcement Will “Be Bigger Than Anyone Expects”

Related image

Ever since the commercial and critical success of All In, there has been rampant speculation that Cody and The Young Bucks aren’t done making history. If the trio were able to pull off a successful independent pay-per-view, what’s stopping them from creating a successful wrestling promotion?

Cody hasn’t addressed the rumors of him starting a new promotion head on, but he did tease some information regarding it during a meet and greet in Melbourne, Australia. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that when asked about a new promotion, Cody said to wait for January as an announcement would be made. Cody also said the announcement “would be bigger than anyone expects.”

Cody’s tease comes on the heels of news which may or may not be related to the planned announcement. Last week it was reported that the co-owner of the NFL’s Jacksonville Jaguars filed trademarks for a promotion called “All Elite Wrestling.” This, obviously, could be a play off The ELITE faction in which Cody and The Bucks are a part of in New Japan and ROH.

Additionally, All Elite Wrestling, LLC also registered trademarks for “ALL OUT” and “Double or Nothing” among others. “Double or Nothing” is the rumored name for the All In 2 pay-per-view which would supposedly be held in Las Vegas.

January 2019 is turning out to be a monumental month for Cody and The Young Bucks. It’s already well-known that Cody is now a free agent and the Bucks will be come the end of the year. Cody hasn’t shied away from the fact that they could show up in WWE or somewhere else at that time. This latest news would seem to throw cold water on those plans but no one outside of Cody and The Bucks know what’s really going to happen.

Source: WrestlingINC

Marko Stunt To Undergo Surgery For Injury Sustained At Joey Janela’s LA Confidential

marko stunt injured gcw joey janela la confidential

Indie wrestler Marko Stunt suffered a bad break in his leg on Friday night in Los Angeles that will force him to undergo surgery.

The injury occurred during Stunt’s match against Eli Everfly at GCW Presents Joey Janela’s LA Confidential during a gnarly looking Canadian Destroyer on the outside of the ring (seen below). The match was ended at that point and he was rushed to an emergency room.

Janela tweeted after the show saying, “Unfortunately my man [Marko Stunt] suffered a bad break of his Fibula and needs immediate surgery in the morning, can we take care of him in whatever means necessary everyone?”

Stunt followed that up with a tweet this morning which states: “Thank you to everyone who has reached out to check on me, or wished me a speedy recovery! Unfortunately I did suffer a bad break in my leg tonight. I have to have surgery in a few hours, and will keep everyone updated.”

For those who are unfamilar with Stunt, the 22-year-old has been turning heads on the indie scene and recently competed at ALL IN and PWG’s Battle of Los Angeles.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

Joey Ryan Reveals Serious Injury At MLW Chicago TV Tapings (Photo)

Image may contain: 2 people

Last night in Chicago at MLW: Fusion TV tapings, Joey Ryan revealed that he tore his pec in Austin, TX earlier this week. Ryan joked, “That seems to be going around a bit.”

Joey Ryan was slated to team with Swoggle at last night’s tapings against The Dirty Blondes and did still compete in the match. He did not use his injured left arm, which was in a sling, the entire bout.

Following the bout Ryan removed his sling and showed the crowd his heavily bruised upper left arm. He then confessed that he thinks he is going to need surgery and does not know how long he will be out of action. He thanked the Chicago crowd and said that he was happy that he got to compete there one more time.

Source: WrestlingINC

https://twitter.com/WrestlingInc/status/1060715618121535489

https://twitter.com/JoeyRyanOnline/status/1060723120338882560

Joey Janela Could Be Out Of Action Up To 10 Months Following Injury

joey janela injured injury 10 months

“The Bad Boy” Joey Janela filmed a video to update his fans on the injury he recently suffered … and the diagnosis isn’t good.

In case you missed it, Joey’s injury occurred during a match against Psychosis at a GCW event.

Janela states in the video he shared on Wednesday that MRI results show the following injuries:

  • Complete or near complete PCL tear
  • Complete tear of the MCL distally
  • Impaction fracture of the medial femoral condyle
  • Mild bone contusion of the lateral tibial plateau
  • Sprain of the fibular collateral ligament
  • Partial tear of the medial patellofemoral ligament
  • ACL sprain
  • Small knee effusion

Bottom line, Joey is going to require surgery that could see him on the shelf for up to 10 months.

Watch the video update below.

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1045069791898284034

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

DDP On Cody Rhodes Warning “All In” Talent Not To Go Over On Time, Why He Worked “All In” For Free

Image result for DDP All In

WWE Hall of Famer Diamond Dallas Page spoke with WSVN-TV Entertainment Reporter Chris Van Vliet last week in Los Angeles, which you can watch in the video below. They sent WrestlingINC.com these highlights:

Dusty Rhodes played a major part in the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship match at ALL IN:

“Dusty used to always tell me ‘I got five friends D and every time I count them, you are one of them’ and that meant a lot to me. So when he passed, Cody called me and said Dusty, because he always calls him Dusty and not pops, he said ‘Dusty told me right before he passed that he had five friends and you’re on that list’. I appreciated that because I had heard it, but hearing it from him took it to a different level. So fast forward a year a half later and he’s putting together ALL IN, he really loved that five friends thing. And three guys who couldn’t have been any closer besides me were Ray Lloyd who is Glacier and Tommy Dreamer. He of course threw in his brother-in-law Kevin who he loves dearly and his father-in-law Otis and of course his dog Pharaoh. It was like super special and it was super emotional. We were all looking at each other trying not to cry.”

How Cody convinced him to do a Diamond Cutter during the match:

“When I first heard Cody was doing ALL IN, I told him you know I don’t do Diamond Cutters anymore. I mean, if WWE calls me I’ll f*cking do a Diamond Cutter, but not for an independent wrestling company. I’ve been offered $10,000. I’m not hitting that mat anymore. But for Cody, I told him if you need me for anything, I said I’m there and I wouldn’t charge him nothing. I’m sure plenty of people got paid a lot of money to be there, I took nothing and I won’t take nothing from him.”

Cody warned the wrestlers on the ALL IN card not to go over on time:

“Cody told everybody: Be on time, hit your mark, don’t go over. And those guys had a hell of a match but they could have done half that and still had a hell of a match. Bottom line is Cody put on a memo: you’re not stealing the show, you’re stealing from others.”

The ALL IN crowd was the hottest crowd since 1997:

“Dusty used to always say to me ‘D, I feel so bad for you that didn’t get to work ECW’ because he knows what a fan I am and I would have loved to have done something up there but I was so wrapped in that I couldn’t. But he could and he was like ‘man, you would have loved it’. To me as great as ECW was and as hot as they were, they weren’t any hotter than the ALL IN crowd and it was was f*cking bigger. That crowd was the hottest crowd I’ve seen since 1997. And in 1997 they were ravenous. Every single person in the building. That’s what it was like at ALL IN.”

Source: WrestlingINC

Fundraising Efforts Underway For Valet Attacked During Match By Male Wrestler (VIDEO)

valet chair head fundraising injured

Wrestlers across Mexico’s lucha libre scene are rallying behind a female valet who was dragged, slapped, and then smashed with a chair during a show last week.

Fundraising efforts are underway to help pay medical costs for La Enigmatica.  During a show Friday for the Revolution promotion in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, she was knocked unconscious outside the ring by a brutal chair shot from a wrestler named Black Skeller.

After the blow, Enigmatica appears to suffer a seizure as fans come out of the crowd and rush to her side.  Skeller initially stays in character before coming to check on her.

There was reportedly no medical staff on-hand for the match.  Enigmatica was eventually taken to a hospital for treatment and was released a couple days later.

Another wrestler, Zafiro, is now trying to raise money to cover her medical costs.  She has proposed auctions and other fundraising initiatives via social media.

Zafiro and others went as far as saying Skeller was intoxicated at the show.  She also called for local officials including the fight commission over that area of Mexico to step in.

Video of the incident can be seen below.

Warning: The footage is unsettling and not easy to watch.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

WATCH: Wrestler’s Flaming Leg Drop Goes HORRIBLY WRONG!!!!!

leg drop fire horribly wrong angel azul mwe

A Mexican wrestler is nursing burn injuries after he attempted a flaming leg drop that wouldn’t go out … and the video is INSANE!!!

Angel Azul hit what he calls the “Guillotine of Fire” during a cage match Sunday against female wrestler Heroina at an MWE show in Matamoros, Mexico.

In a video clip originally posted to Facebook, you’ll see the referee give Angel the assist in both setting up his opponent and igniting his leg. After executing the move, however, the fire wouldn’t go out.

Angel wrote about the incident on Facebook afterward and said this was his first major accident in six years of doing the “Guillotine of Fire.”

FUN FACT: This show was advertised as free admission for children.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

Watch the video below: