Paige’s Family’s Promotion Strips Alberto El Patron Of Their Title, Doesn’t Mention Him In Statement

Alberto El Patron has been stripped of the WAW Undisputed World Heavyweight Championship. The title is the top belt of the World Association of Wrestling, which is owned by Ricky Knight, the real-life father of El Patron’s girlfriend Paige.

Below is the official statement regarding the title:

The WAW Undisputed World Heavyweight Championship has been declared vacant at last night’s Academy Show in Costessey, following a unanimous decision by the WAW Championship Committee. The WAWCC’s decision was announced by Zak Knight but no information was revealed regarding the crowning of a new champion. Since the announcement several individuals have announced their desire to compete for the title. Both European Heavyweight Champion Robin Lekime and British Heavyweight Champion Aaron Sharp have already revealed their desire to add more gold to their repertoire, as well as former World Heavyweight Champion Brad Slayer and former European Heavyweight Champion King Kendo. With four of WAW’s top competitors already eyeing up the most prestigious title will anyone else step forward in the hope of gaining public support?A 32 man tournament has been announced to determine a new Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion over the course of the rest of 2017 with the final taking place at Epic Studios, Norwich in December. The entrants into this tournament will be deliberated by the WAWCC over the coming weeks before brackets are announced.

It’s of note that Alberto isn’t even mentioned in the statement. This comes more than a week after an incident between El Patron and Paige at the Orlando International Airport.

Paige’s brother, Zak, stated on Facebook he’s worried about his sister and accused El Patron of domestic battery. El Patron is currently suspended indefinitely from Global Force Wrestling.

While no criminal charges have been filed, Alberto El Patron was detained by police just over one week ago at the Orlando International Airport. There have been varying accounts of what happened but recordings released by TMZ seem to indicate some type of domestic incident.

A witness told Heavy.com that the couple were arguing on the airport tram system, with Paige screaming at El Patron that he had been doing cocaine for “two days straight” and she called him abusive. There were also claims El Patron smelled like alcohol.

Source: WrestlingINC

UFC Hall Of Famer Stephan Bonnar To Make In-Ring Wrestling Debut

stephan bonnar wrestling debut bowling alley

Make way for another MMA crossover in professional wrestling, because “The American Psycho” Stephan Bonnar is stepping into the squared circle for the first time … at a bowling alley.

Bonnar says he and fellow MMA fighter Phil Baroni are forming a tag team called “The Real Shooters” and will be making their in-ring debut on July 16.

It’s certainly a humble start to the UFC legend’s wrestling career, because the event is taking place at Inman’s Bowling Alley and Recreation Center in Valparaiso, Indiana. Bonnar, however, promises a good show.

“I’m going to be doing flashy spin kicks, slapping submissions on these fools, and Phil Baroni’s going to be doing his thing. ‘The New York Badass.’ So, you’re going to be entertained. I guarantee it.”

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

Vader Says He’s Not Retiring

Vader sent out a tweet over the weekend that seemed to suggest that he was retiring. The former WCW World Champion replied to his own tweet, saying that he hasn’t wrestled his last match. He seemed to get kick out of the attention his tweet garnered, adding, “Love it when u got them guessing.” He is advertised for WLW’s event on June 17th in Troy, MO, as well as AML Wrestling’s show in Hickory, NC on June 25th.

Source: WrestlingINC

Vader also responded to my previous post on that he apparently announced his retirement.

https://twitter.com/bassjohn13/status/871519167891075072

CM Punk Offered $1 Million To Work UK Indie Tournament

The Sun reports that 5 Star Wrestling promoter Daniel Hinkles is offering $1 million to former WWE Champion CM Punk to make a return to the ring on 5 Star’s 128-man tournament that begins on June 10th in Liverpool.

Hinkles said:

“We’ve been trying to contact CM Punk on and off for well over a year. We wanted him on the first show we did in Edinburgh in 2015. I’ve tried going through friends in the industry, I’ve gone through his website and sent dozens of emails but the opportunity has never been this big. We want to offer CM Punk $1 million dollars (£770,000) to come and join the 5 Star Wrestling tour starting June 10th. It’s a genuine offer. We’d love to hear back from the man himself. We want to do this with him.”

Punk has been away from pro wrestling since leaving WWE in January 2014. He lost his MMA debut for UFC in September 2016 and has hoped to make another return to the Octagon but nothing has been announced.

The 5 Star promoter continued:

“It doesn’t get more credible than CM Punk. We all know that if he ever comes back to wrestling it will be one of those epic moments – I want that to be with 5 Star Wrestling, right here in the UK. A common saying in the wrestling world is that the UK has the best fans, well how about we give them the biggest moments too. We are hugely ambitious. When we ask the fans who they want to see, CM Punk’s name is on everybody’s wish list and we’re willing to spend big to make it happen. I know he is seemingly focused on MMA at the moment and this wouldn’t have to end that, but wrestling is in his blood and $1 million has to be worth thinking about.”

Source: WrestlingINC

Matt Hardy Refers To Jeff As ‘Brother Nero’ At Indy Event (Video)

Image result for Hardy Boyz bring WWE Titles to IWC Wrestling

The Hardys appeared yesterday at IWC independent wrestling event in Pittsburgh, PA, as seen in the video below. The Hardys brought their WWE Tag Team Championship with them and thanked WWE for allowing them to attend. Matt Hardy did a promo using a very toned-down version of his “Broken” gimmick, and also referred to Jeff as “Brother Nero.”

Source: WrestlingINC

Lita Returns To The Ring (Video)

Image result for Lita returns to the ring at MCW show

WWE Hall of Famer Lita returned to in-ring action at Friday night’s MCW event. She teamed with The Bruiser and The Hell Cats to defeat Andy Vineberg, MCW Champion Sean Studd, Rayo & Jeremiah in an eight-person tag team match. Zalaphoto Wrestling Photography posted the video of the match, which includes Lita addressing the crowd at the start of the show.

Source: WrestlingINC

AAA Legally Threatens Company For Booking Pentagon Jr. And Fenix … Indie Fed Fights Back

Image result for Pentagon Jr and Fenix

 

Lawyers for AAA threatened to sue a company who booked Pentagon Jr. and Fenix on an upcoming show … but the fed isn’t run by dummies, and they fought back with a legal letter.

Lucha Libre FMV — the joint company run by AAA and Lucha Underground — sent a message through lawyers to PCW in Los Angeles earlier this month which states they are “the legitimate owner of the intellectual property related to the name, characteristics, characters and designs of ‘FENIX’, ‘REY FENIX’, ‘PENTAGON Jr.’ and ‘PENTA 0M’, among other trademarks.”

As we previously reported, LL FMV filed for a trademark on Pentagon’s new name one-week after he announced it at a Crash show in Tijuana.

The letter continues, “At the light of the above, we are sending you this communication requesting you to cease and refrain from the unauthorized and misuse of the intellectual property.” Adding, “And also please avoid to hire any person that uses such intellectual property or any other confusingly similar” … otherwise they may exercise legal action.

PCW, however, didn’t take kindly to what seems to be a pretty petty move on FMV’s part.

They fired back with a letter this week that says, “While we thank you for your concern with making sure that we are not going to use the names of performers or characters legally owned by your client, we can assure you that we are only promoting performers by names that either the performers control themselves or which no entity controls as of this date.”

The company goes on to point out that Rey Fenix filed his trademark for the name last year, long before FMV, and they have reason to believe it will get approved. As for Pentagon, they’re confident the company’s trademark attempt will be denied after he fights it in court.

PCW also mentions promotional materials don’t refer to either wrestler as Fenix or Pentagon Jr.

The initial letter and scathing response can both be found by CLICKING HERE.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

Paige And Alberto Del Rio Getting Married Soon

Paige and Alberto Del Rio are scheduled to be married in May, schedule permitting, according to The Observer. No word yet on if this will be filmed for WWE’s Total Divas. Paige proposed to Del Rio in the ring at an indie event in Puerto Rico last October but later received a ring from him in January of this year.

Source: WrestlingINC

Lucha Underground Star ‘Son Of Havoc’ Broke His Leg

son of havoc broken leg injury injured matt cross

Son of Havoc says he broke his leg last month, then walked on it for weeks before getting diagnosed … however, the Lucha Underground star is doing his best to remain positive through it all.

Havoc told Uproxx that the accident occurred on January 13th during DEFY Wrestling‘s inaugural event when he injured himself during a moonsault gone wrong.

He adds, “Multiple people offered to take me to the hospital … my thought process being, ‘if I can stand on it, and get around, it’s not broken’. Only in retrospect do I realize how foolish that sounds.”

SoH says he finally decided to get an x-ray this week and it was painfully obvious that his leg was broken once the the film hit the screen. As of right now, there’s no timetable for his return.

“I just wanna say thank you to everyone who’s reached out and helped to make me feel like I’m not alone.” He adds, “My heart is broken, my leg is broken, but my spirit is not.”

For those of you looking to help, Havoc says buying one of his t-shirts is the best way to support.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

Rey Mysterio’s Son Dominik Begins Training To Wrestle (VIDEO)

rey mysterio son wrestle wrestler training

Rey Mysterio‘s son Dominik could soon follow in his father’s footsteps … because he officially started training to wrestle this week!

Finest City Wrestling in San Diego posted a photo Monday night after his inaugural session and wrote, “Tonight Dominik took his first steps towards a awesome journey with the help from his pops Rey Mysterio and Konnan at Battle U.”

Mysterio revealed back in November that his son was working to get his body into ring shape so that he could eventually begin training inside the squared circle.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet