Shinsuke Nakamura Arrives On SmackDown Live (Video & Photos)

The wait is finally over … because former NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura made his main roster debut on SmackDown Live — and the crowd LOST IT’S COLLECTIVE MIND!

The King of Strong Style first appeared following a Miz and Maryse promo after a violinist appeared on the entrance ramp and began playing a familiar tune.

The popular wrestler then made his way to the ring for a longer than usual entrance and never said a word once he got there … only posed in typical Nakamura fashion inside the squared circle.

Image result for Shinsuke Nakamura on SmackDown Live

H/T Pro Wrestling Sheet

Check out his highly anticipated debut in the video below. YEAOH!

Image result for Shinsuke Nakamura on SmackDown Live

Shinsuke Nakamura Wins NXT Title In Japan

Shinsuke Nakamura recaptured the WWE NXT Championship at the NXT Live Event in Osaka, Japan. He now becomes the second two-time NXT Champion alongside Samoa Joe.

Nakamura sealed the win with his trademark Kinshasa. The full match will air on next week’s NXT episode, which WrestlingInc will have a live viewing party for on Wednesday at 8:00pm ET.

In the video below, WWE’s Mike Rome caught up with Nakamura after his title win in his home country, with Nakamura citing his history in Japan.

“When I was 24 years old, I got the IWGP heavyweight title my first time here,” Nakamura said. “I love Osaka.”

Source: WrestlingINC

YouTube Gives Shout Out To Shinsuke Nakamura & WWE

The official YouTube account gave a shou out to WWE and Shinsuke Nakamura for WWE’s acclaimed theme song for the Japanese superstar. The video has already reached over one million views on YouTube since releasing earlier this month.

Jim Cornette Skeptical On How Shinsuke Nakamura Will Fare On WWE Main Roster

Source: The Ross Report via WrestlingINC

Recently on The Ross Report, WWE Hall Of Famer Jim Ross welcomed professional wrestling veteran Jim Cornette to the podcast. Among other things, Cornette claimed that Shinsuke Nakamura will be only as big of a star in WWE as Vince McMahon will allow him to be.

According to Cornette, Nakamura will be a big hit for NXT; however, the leader of the Cult of Cornette remains skeptical about how ‘The King Of Strong Style’ will be presented on WWE’s main roster, given McMahon’s poor history with international stars.

“I think it comes down to he will be a superstar in NXT and people are going to love him whenever he appears with that brand. And when he gets to the main roster, I’ve got to be honest with you, I think it depends on how Vince sees him.

“Obviously, everything [in WWE] depends on how Vince sees something, but he hasn’t had the best track record, and I’ll tell you, it’s not a racist thing with international stars, whether it be luchadores, whether it be Japanese talent, [or] whether it be anybody from Europe. Sometimes, the chairman does not understand what they have meant to their world because he’s so isolated in his and he tries, possibly, to remake them in the image that he perceives for them. That may not work. I think a guy like Nakamura’s another guy like [Steve] Austin and Brock [Lesnar] and essentially the more he’s himself and he’s allowed to do his thing, the better off he’ll be.”

News on Shinsuke Nakamura’s WWE NXT Contract

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter via WrestlingINC

Regarding Shinsuke Nakamura officially signing with WWE NXT, it was noted on Wrestling Observer Radio and in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that the former IWGP Heavyweight Champion looks to be the first NXT Superstar to receive WWE main event level money.

No word yet on how much time Nakamura will spend in NXT but all signs point to a significant run there. It’s very interesting how WWE is paying big money for Nakamura if they have a lengthy NXT run planned for him.

The signing has been treated like a major sports story in Japan. The February 22nd press conference in Tokyo at the Hard Rock had more than 100 reporters, photographers and videographers.

Shinuske Nakamura Is Coming To NXT TakeOver: Dallas, (Video) AJ Styles VS Nakamura At NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10

Source: WWE.com 

WWE.com announced that Shinsuke Nakamura will be at NXT TakeOver: Dallas, which takes place during WrestleMania 32 week.

WWE issued the following:

Yes, the rumors are true. Shinsuke Nakamura is coming to WWE NXT.

At Wednesday night’s NXT taping at Full Sail University in Orlando, Fla., a video announcing the arrival of the Japanese standout at TakeOver: Dallas, which takes place during WrestleMania 32 Week, played for the live crowd, sending shockwaves through the arena and, moments later, the social media world.

Nakamura, a 14-year veteran of the squared circle, has been a leading star in the New Japan promotion since 2002. Renowned for his striking and submission ability, as well as his unorthodox charisma, Nakamura’s devastating Bomaye knee strike has felled many opponents and his smash mouth style has earned him the nickname The King of Strong Style. A three-time IWGP Champion — the same title once held by the likes of Vader, The Great Muta and AJ Styles — Nakamura is the youngest competitor to win that championship, capturing it for the first time at 23. He has taken on a who’s who of the best grapplers in the world in his career, facing the likes of Finn Bálor, Kevin Owens, Hideo Itami, WWE Performance Center Head Coach Matt Bloom and The Beast Incarnate himself, Brock Lesnar.

Rumors of Nakamura coming to WWE first started in early January, along with gossip about AJ Styles and Bullet Club members Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows returning to America. Reports about Styles became truth during the 2016 Royal Rumble Match when The Phenomenal One entered at No. 3. Now, The King of Strong Style has decreed that he will be stepping between the yellow ropes in the not-so-distant future.

What does Shinsuke Nakamura have planned for NXT and The Superstars of Tomorrow at TakeOver: Dallas? Find out by tuning into NXT, every Wednesday at 8/7 C, only on WWE Network!

Below is video of AJ Styles VS Shinsuke Nakamura from NJPW Wrestling Kingdom 10, it has to be heavily considered for match of the year because it is fantastic.

Shinsuke Nakamura Heading To WWE Performance Center

Source: WrestlingINC

Top Japanese star Shinsuke Nakamura, who was stripped of the IWGP Intercontinental Title this week, is headed to the United States to spend some time at the WWE Performance Center in early February, according to PWInsider.

Nakamura is set to spend several weeks at the Performance Center to train and will also undergo medical testing, possibly in Pittsburgh, PA, where they usually do it. If Nakamura passes everything, he would be cleared to sign with the company.

NJPW Stripped Shinsuke Nakamura Of IWGP Intercontinental Championship

Source: WrestlingINC

If you were expecting Shinsuke Nakamura to hang around and drop the IWGP Intercontinental Championship, you can give up on that idea. New Japan Pro Wrestling has stripped Nakamura of the championship, although he’ll appear on a few shows to finish out his deal.

New Japan Pro Wrestling posted an article early Tuesday announcing the move. Many expected Nakamura to finish out the month in New Japan in order to lose the title, likely to new Bullet Club leader Kenny Omega.

Omega and Nakamura started a storyline at New Year Dash where Omega pinned the dominant IWGP Intercontinental Champion. After the match, Omega hit fellow Bullet Club member AJ Styles with his finish, kicking him out of the group. Omega then challenged Nakamura to a title match. The article stated that Kenny Omega would be taking on an undetermined opponent for the championship.

Both Nakamura and Styles have been involved in rumors that they’re heading to WWE. Styles finished up with the company at New Year Dash, with Nakamura stating that he’d be leaving after January. Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows are both rumored to be leaving for WWE as well.

Nakamura’s final show is expected to be January 30 at Korakuen Hall.

More Info On AJ Styles & Other Big Names Signing With WWE

Source: F4WOnline

As noted, F4WOnline reported that WWE has signed New Japan Pro Wrestling stars AJ Styles, Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson of the Bullet Club and current IWGP Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura.

Dave Meltzer noted on the latest episode of Wrestling Observer Radio that some of these names could appear in the Royal Rumble match.

It was also noted that Styles and Nakamura were apparently Not signed to be on the NXT roster and have a high price tag. Word is they were not signed for that brand, indicating main roster plans, but they still could be sent down to NXT to work a few shows.

Nakamura is not coming in right away and is expected to drop his title and work a notice, unlike Alberto Del Rio with AAA.

As noted earlier, Styles is likely done with ROH going forward and could come in soon, possibly in the Royal Rumble Match.

WWE Looking To Sign Top NJPW Star?

WrestlingINC.com reports that WWE is apparently interested in signing IWGP intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura when his contract with New Japan Pro Wrestling is up in January.

Nakamura is 35 years old and is 6’2″ tall with great charisma and speaks English. A source close to Nakamura noted that it’s one of his dreams to do something big over in the U.S.

Currently Nakamura is scheduled to defend his IWGP Intercontinental Championship against AJ Styles at Wrestle Kingdom 10 on January 4, 2016 in the Tokyo Dome, however that match is in limbo because of Styles recent back issues.