John Cena Addresses Reputation Of Burying Younger Talent

John Cena addressed his reputation of “burying younger talent” in a new interview with The Wrap to help promote the return of his reality competition “American Grit,” which premieres Sunday on Fox.

“If you look at my existence in WWE, I have never asked anyone and will never ask anyone to pull any punches,” Cena explained. “I believe that it’s a ‘Strong Survive’ environment, and accept nothing less. I think people forget my [history] in WWE sometimes and the fact that I truly had to earn every inch. There is this overwhelming perception that I am protected and coddled — that couldn’t be father from the truth.”

The comments were in response to talk about his “vicious promos” earlier this year on SmackDown with The Miz, which of course culminated with the mixed tag team match at WrestleMania 33, also featuring each of their significant others, Nikki Bella and Maryse.

John said, “I just believe you bring your best to every story and you bring your best to every fight. And if my skills aren’t as good, then it’s time to step back. It’s just a matter of believing in myself and going out there and speaking from the heart. I believe that sometimes that’s something missing in some of the WWE storylines … being honest and brave enough to put everything out there on the table.”

As for having a reputation of “burying younger talent,” Cena says he always speaks from his heart and brings his best.

“This is why I have the reputation of quote-unquote ‘burying younger talent,’ because I will let them do whatever they want with me — and then after they get done, they’re not as motivated,” Cena remarked. “So, it’s not that I sink their ship, it’s that they fail to operate at an elite level. And I’m on to the next person, [to] whom I say, “Hey man, bring your best punch and I’m gonna punch back” — and they don’t take that attitude beyond me.”

John believes this approach really helped turn a match no one wanted to see at WrestleMania 33 into one of the best things on WWE television of the year. He elaborated on his systematic approach, “I take that approach to everyone. The Miz story couldn’t be a better example of that, because when that story started … no one wanted to see that match. No one. I made it a point to have everyone work as hard as they could to change everyone’s mind.”

“And now here you are, months after the fact, saying that was one of the most entertaining things done on television,” Cena continued. “That just goes to show you that it’s all just about how much you’re willing to invest and how strongly you believe in what you want to do.”

Cena, who has been away from WWE filming a movie in Atlanta, GA, will return to Smackdown on the July 4, 2017 episode. You can read more comments in his interview with The Wrap by clicking here.

Source: WrestlingINC

Update On John Cena’s WWE Return

John Cena is currently out of action working on various outside projects, including promoting his new movie, The Wall, and filming Daddy’s Home 2.

WWE will be returning to the Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, AZ for RAW and SmackDown on Monday, July 3rd and Tuesday, July 4th, respectively. Cena is advertised for the July 4th SmackDown Live show. It is currently the only upcoming WWE event that Cena is advertised for.

Cena has been out of action since WrestleMania 33 in early April. At that event, Cena teamed with his now-fiancee Nikki Bella to defeat The Miz and Maryse.

Source: WrestlingINC

John Cena Proposes To Nikki Bella After WrestleMania 33 Win (VIDEO)

Image result for john cena proposes to nikki bella at wrestlemania 33

Last night at WrestleMania 33 after John Cena and Nikki Bella defeated The Miz and Maryse, Cena proposed to his longtime girlfriend Nikki and of course she said yes.

Al Roker To Be Guest Ring Announcer At WrestleMania 33

Image result for John Cena & Nikki Bella vs The Miz & Maryse at WrestleMania 33

John Cena appeared on NBC’s “Today” show this morning and announced that weather man Al Roker will be the guest ring announcer for Cena and Nikki Bella vs. The Miz and Maryse for Sunday’s WrestleMania 33 pay-per-view in Orlando.

WWE announcement:

John Cena reveals that Al Roker will be a guest ring announcer at WrestleManiaDuring a guest hosting appearance on NBC’s “TODAY,” John Cena surprised Al Roker with the opportunity to be the guest ring announcer for Cena & Nikki Bella’s match against The Miz & Maryse at WrestleMania 33.

WrestleMania’s forecast is looking up!

Will Roker bring the thunder on the microphone at The Ultimate Thrill Ride? Find out this Sunday when The Showcase of the Immortals airs live on WWE Network!

John Cena To Induct Kurt Angle Into WWE Hall Of Fame

kurt angle john cena wwe hall of fame inductor inductee wrestlemania

 

WWE has announced that John Cena will induct former rival Kurt Angle into the WWE Hall of Fame during WrestleMania 33 weekend.

WWE announced the following:

John Cena to induct Kurt Angle into the WWE Hall of Fame

John Cena will have the honor of inducting Kurt Angle – his very first opponent in WWE – into the WWE Hall of Fame during the 2017 Induction Ceremony on Friday, March 31, airing live on WWE Network.

Cena was a long way from becoming a 16-time World Champion on June 27, 2002 when he accepted the Olympic Gold Medalist’s open challenge, believing he had the “ruthless aggression” to defeat Angle before striking him. Though he did not earn the victory, Cena established himself as a force to be reckoned with in WWE.

Angle and Cena would remain rivals throughout the latter’s rise to Superstardom, even battling over the WWE Championship in 2005. Now, Cena will present Angle to the WWE Universe for the first time in more than a decade – and officially as a WWE Hall of Famer.

What will Cena have to say when he inducts one of his greatest rivals into sports-entertainment history? Find out during the 2017 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, Friday, March 31 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT, live on the award-winning WWE Network!

News On John Cena’s Post-WrestleMania 33 Plans

John Cena is currently scheduled to take some more time away from WWE after WrestleMania 33, according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio. Cena will likely be filming The Pact, which is scheduled to be released on April 20th, 2018.

Source: WrestlingINC

John Cena Consoles Heartbroken 5-Year Old Fan After Elimination Chamber Title Loss

john cena elimination chamber fan 5 year old loss

Ex-WWE champ John Cena didn’t wallow in defeat after losing the title at Elimination Chamber, instead he took time to cheer up a fan of his who had been in tears over what happened.

The fan’s mom shared the moment on social media saying, “Tonight, I witnessed pure heartbreak in my daughter’s eyes when she watched John Cena lose at The Elimination Chamber. Tears were rolling down her cheeks. She was so disappointed, and all she could manage to say was ‘No.’”

As the family was leaving the show through the backstage area, they happened to run into Cena and ask for a photo. The mother then explained how sad her daughter had been over the loss.

She continues, “He looked her in the eye and said ‘It’s ok. Sometimes we don’t win. But that just shows me that I gotta keep fighting. I will get a rematch. You remember that, ok? Never give up. Never lose hope. Keep fighting.’ And then we caught this moment.”

Thank 👏🏼  you 👏🏼  Cena 👏🏼  for  👏🏼  being  👏🏼  awesome.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

John Cena To Host Nickelodeon’s 2017 Kids’ Choice Awards

WWE announced the following:

John Cena to host Nickelodeon’s 2017 Kids’ Choice AwardsWWE Superstar, actor and television personality John Cena is set to host Nickelodeon’s 2017 Kids’ Choice Awards, airing live Saturday, March 11, from 8 to 9:30 p.m. ET/PT. Cena made the announcement Tuesday morning on NBC’s “TODAY.”

“Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards is the biggest party for kids, and I’m so excited and honored to host this year’s show,” Cena said. “I have a lot of big surprises in store so bring on the slime!”

The only live event where kids’ votes count and the biggest stars of the day line up to get slimed, Nickelodeon’s 2017 Kids’ Choice Awards will celebrate kids’ favorites from across the worlds of film, television, music, pop culture, animation and more. With stunts and surprises at every turn, the show will air live from USC’s Galen Center in Los Angeles and will be seen by kids around the globe on Nickelodeon channels in more than 180 countries and territories. Additional Kids’ Choice Awards news, including categories and presenters, will be announced in the coming weeks.

“John Cena’s energy and larger-than-life personality will bring the most excitement, comedy and fun to this year’s Kids’ Choice Awards,” said Shelly Sumpter Gillyard, Senior Vice President, Talent and Events for Nickelodeon. “He’s a big kid at heart, and we can’t wait to give kids around the world a front row seat to this year’s show.”

While this will be Cena’s first time hosting the global show, he is beloved worldwide by the Nickelodeon family, having previously hosted Australia’s Kids’ Choice Awards in 2008, as well as undergoing a sliming at the first U.K. Kids’ Choice Awards.

Ryback On John Cena Being ‘Poison’ To Wrestling, Cena Treating Him Badly, Cena – Alex Riley Incident

Recently on Conversation With The Big Guy, former WWE Superstar Ryback talked about John Cena and the 15-time world champion’s alleged negative impact on the professional wrestling industry.

According to Ryback, Cena was always “a piece of s–t” to ‘The Big Guy’ and people will “lose their s–t” when former WWE Superstar Alex Riley comes forward about his issues with Cena, as ‘The Face That Runs The Place’ would “bury” Riley to everyone in the backstage area.

“John’s blocked on my Twitter. I blocked him, he’s legit [blocked], I blocked him a long time [ago]. He [has] been a piece of s–t to me since Day One. And people, the guy, I was nothing but nice and respectful to him and I know Alex Riley just came out and [admitted he had issues with Cena] and when people hear what really happened with that, they’re going to lose their s–t. Like, and I know, I have a pretty good idea of what happened with that and the guys in WWE. And, one, it’s f–king hilarious. And, two, it’s hilarious what people will find out about John. So he used to s–t talk me when I was in the ring. I remember I was in there against Mark Henry. You’ve got to remember, I came up with all these guys in developmental and I know everyone who’s sitting backstage. No, John [used to talk trash], I used to be back there for John when Riley was in the ring, when the company was f–king with him because John was hot at him because of what happened and all this.”

Ryback added, “but John would sit back there and bury Riley in front of everybody for no reason and Alex Riley is f–king money and he was money from Day One. Busted his ass, had awesome theme music, worked his ass off, went out there and got a reaction from the people, but because of John Cena and I swear to God, I swear to f–king God, because of John Cena, his career is over in the WWE for no f–king reason outside of John and his personal issues. Unbelievable.”

In Ryback’s view, Cena has been “poison” to the professional wrestling industry insofar as he would hold others back. Ryback theorized that Triple H’s promotion of NXT may be a way to prevent Cena from interfering in the careers of up-and-coming stars.

“John comes from that [mentality of], ‘well, we’re going to push one guy down your f–king throats.’ No, you push who the crowd is behind.” Ryback added, “he has been poison to the [professional] wrestling industry. I told [podcast co-host Pat Buck] this before. We talked about this before. And again, this is my opinion, but I think I’m pretty accurate on this is I think he [has] done so much harm for so long to new talent to getting [over], breaking out, over there.

“I had my experiences, and other talents up there have their experiences, that I think Hunter finally had to say, ‘what the f–k do I need to do?’ And I think he started with the NXT thing and bring up all these NXT guys and protecting the f–k out of them. There [are] so many guys now that John just can’t f–king pick his battle with one guy because there are nine other guys that are hot on his [heels]. Do you know what I mean? And he [has] been surpassed now and so Hunter’s brilliant if that’s what he did to get rid of the f–king Cena problem.”

Click here to check out the show.

Sources: WrestlingINC – Conversation With The Big Guy

John Cena Posts Kenny Omega Instagram Post?

Over the weekend, John Cena created some buzz online by posted the photo below on his Instagram of New Japan Pro Wrestling star Kenny Omega:

 

Cena seemingly teased Omega on his Instagram today with the following post:

 

Source: WrestlingINC