Brock Lesnar Reportedly Pushed For Longer Feud With Goldberg

Image result for Goldberg vs Lesnar Survivor Series 2016 youtube

Wrestling is a weird business. So weird that a man whose brand is built on the fact he’s an unbeatable freak of nature may have gone to his boss and asked to get his butt kicked by a 49 year old man.

We’ll probably never know exactly of what the conversations which led to Goldberg becoming only the second man to twice beat Brock Lesnar clean in singles matches on WWE pay-per-view (PPV) consisted. But on the post-Survivor Series edition of Wrestling Observer Radio (subscription required but recommended), Dave Meltzer says Lesnar pushed for the multi-match contract Goldberg apparently signed some time in the past week, and the 86 second beating which occurred last night (Nov. 19) in Toronto was put together to make the WCW legend look as good as possible for future matches against the Beast Incarnate.

Lesnar reportedly wanted more than one date with Goldberg because he sees their rivalry as a big money feud, and Vince McMahon apparently agrees. Once everyone was on the same page with that, and a new deal inked with Goldberg, the decision was made to do the Survivor Series squash. It was apparently done to mirror the kind of matches which got the former NFL lineman over back in his WCW glory days in order to maximize his appeal for the rematch.

Source: cagesideseats.com

Backstage News On Goldberg Vs. Brock Lesnar Rematch, Why Match Was So Short

Image result for Goldberg vs Lesnar Survivor Series 2016 youtube

Dave Meltzer reported on Wrestling Observer Radio that Goldberg will definitely work with Brock Lesnar again in a rematch from last night’s Survivor Series pay-per-view, where Goldberg defeated Lesnar in an 86 second match. Meltzer noted that the deal was put together within the past week, and it was something that Lesnar and others pushed for. It was noted that Lesnar saw money in a Goldberg program and didn’t want to end it with one match, and Vince McMahon apparently saw that as well.

As for why the match was so short, Meltzer noted that it wasn’t because of Goldberg being hurt. He said the match was changed to get Goldberg over once he agreed to stay, and the decision was made to do a short match like his short WCW matches that got him over in the first place.

Up until last month, Goldberg had been treating the match as a one-time shot. When speaking to Booker T at the end of October on the Heated Conversations podcast, he noted that while it was a one-match contract, he would consider other opportunities in the business.

“I’m treating it as [a one-shot deal], man,” Goldberg told Booker T. “That’s what they offered. That’s what I accepted. If they wanted more, they would have offered more. So I took the offer when it came to a mutual decision, which I believe was mutually positive for everybody involved. Dude, I treat it was such. I have a one-match contract and I’m taking it like the last match of my career. And the minute after the match is over, I won’t bask in it. I’ll think about what’s next. If it’s anything else in the wrestling world, I’ll consider that. If not, hey, man, it’s not like I’ve been looking for something to do the last 12 years by any means.”

Source: WrestlingINC

Vince McMahon Reportedly ‘Blew A Gasket’ During Brock Lesnar Segment On WWE RAW

Image result for Lesnar & Heyman react to Goldberg on RAW 10/24/16

As seen on RAW last night, the Brock Lesnar segment didn’t go as planned. Paul Heyman was trying his hardest to get fans to chant for Goldberg, but instead they were cheering for Lesnar and chanting “Goldberg sucks.”

Bryan Alvarez noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that Vince McMahon “blew a gasket” backstage over the reaction from the fans and had Lesnar’s music play to end the segment early. It was noted that the segment was scheduled to go longer, put Vince pulled the plug “right in the middle of it.”

Source: WrestlingINC

Goldberg Returning To RAW Next Week

Bill Goldberg will make his return to WWE RAW next Monday night in Denver. It will be the first time in 12 years that Goldberg has appeared in the WWE.

Last night Paul Heyman issued a challenge to Goldberg to fight Brock Lesnar at anytime and anyplace.

Goldberg responded to Heyman’s challenge with the following post on Twitter:

Paul Heyman Has A Warning For Goldberg

Image result for Goldberg vs Lesnar Survivor Series 2016

As noted, Goldberg has reportedly been in talks with WWE for a return to the company and Jim Ross stated that Goldberg will be facing Brock Lesnar at The Survivor Series on November 20th. Paul Heyman issued a warning for Goldberg on Twitter:

Update On WWE Reportedly Doing Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg, Lesnar WrestleMania Plans

Image result for Goldberg vs Lesnar Survivor Series 2016

Bill Goldberg’s ESPN SportsCenter interview with Jonathan Coachman came with no announcement on his WWE return last night. Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter insists the Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar match is still scheduled for the Survivor Series pay-per-view on November 20th, unless plans have fallen apart. As of Tuesday, the match was considered to be confirmed and locked in. As noted, WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross also reported this week that his reliable source relayed the same information.

The story is that Vince McMahon has had the match scheduled but has not been very gung-ho about doing it. It was also noted that while WWE is ready to use Goldberg once again, there are still a lot of negative feelings and politics regarding him.

There are several reasons for doing the match at Survivor Series. WWE wants to do the match to help promote the WWE 2K17 video game and Survivor Series is the best option for that plan. Also, future opponents for Lesnar are said to be locked in and apparently one of those opponents is Shane McMahon, perhaps for WrestleMania 33. WWE officials were not willing to change Lesnar’s WrestleMania plans for Goldberg.

Regarding the Lesnar vs. Goldberg match, this is reportedly a one-off that is not leading to any kind of future rematch between the two.

Source: WrestlingINC

Here are some links to Goldberg’s ESPN SportsCenter with Jonathan Coachman:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17725062

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17725341

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17724981

Backstage News On The Brock Lesnar Vs. Randy Orton Rematch Happening At A WWE Live Event

Image result for Brock Lesnar vs Randy Orton at SummerSlam 2016 video

Source: WrestlingINC

Brock Lesnar vs Randy Orton in “The Rematch” has been announced for the September 24th non-televised WWE live event from Chicago.

WWE decided to put Lesnar on the live event instead of the September 25th Clash of Champions pay-per-view from Indianapolis because his contract calls for different pay for live events than for pay-per-view events, which typically feature longer main event quality matches as opposed to quick squash matches.

WWE simply asked Lesnar to work the Chicago event and he agreed. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter adds that Lesnar chose his opponent based on who he felt was the best Superstar on the roster available that night, that he felt would mean the most at the box office.

Details On Backstage Altercation Between Brock Lesnar & Chris Jericho At SummerSlam

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

The backstage altercation between Brock Lesnar and Chris Jericho did indeed go down last after SummerSlam … and The Beast made a few statements during the encounter that would’ve caused any average man to piss himself.

Sources tell Pro Wrestling Sheet that Jericho was acting as a locker room leader who truly believed Brock had attacked Randy Orton during the main event, and Y2J was looking for answers.

We’re told Chris was repeatedly asking for clarification from everyone in the Gorilla position, but wasn’t getting answers because backstage footage was still being shot by crew members.

Brock, however, heard Jericho say this was “bullsh*t” and loudly told the longtime wrestler that this was none of his business. That set Y2J off and he continued asking questions, causing Lesnar to push him. When that happened, Jericho rushed in and tried getting face-to-face with The Beast.

We’re told Brock kissed him on the forehead at that point … then said, “kiss me back, p*ssy.”

Our sources say Jericho didn’t back down though! He actually stepped up and got in Lesnar’s face, ready to fight. But Brock responded, with his arms behind his back, saying “hit me or kiss me, bitch” … causing everyone in the area to swarm in and break them apart, including Triple H.

Things didn’t calm down though, and Vince McMahon eventually rushed in to usher Brock away, while yelling at Chris to be more professional. Jericho fired back at his boss, saying Lesnar was the unprofessional one who started “shooting” on his co-worker … to which Vince replied, “It’s a work! What’s wrong with you?!” implying the blood job was planned in some way.

Shortly after, the two sides went their separate ways backstage.

One source tells us they believe Jericho had all the right intentions, but many believe he handled things completely wrong due to his role as one of the longest tenured members of the roster.

Details of the incident were first reported by F4wonline.com 

Goldberg Calls Out Brock Lesnar (Video)

Source: WrestlingINC

Former WWE and WCW World Heavyweight Champion Bill Goldberg was at Gamescom 2016 today in Cologne, Germany. You can check out his Q&A in the video above, below are some highlights:

Goldberg said that he should be on the cover because he “killed the guy [Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania XX] that’s on the cover.”

The fans chanted “please come back,” and Goldberg said that for them, he’ll see what he can do.

Goldberg added that he’s headed to New York City, and “that’s all [he] can say about that.” He said that you can never say never, and even at his age he has no issue putting his gear on and “ripping people’s faces off again.” He said he just needs the opportunity to do it. He told the fans to keep doing what they’re doing and it will happen.

Goldberg said he’ll do everything in his power to give the fans what he wants. He said he may be 49 years old, but he’s ready to go at any time anywhere, and all he needs is the call.

Goldberg was asked point blank when he’ll be back in WWE. Goldberg said that he honestly has no idea and doesn’t know if it will ever happen. He said every time there’s a WrestleMania or SummerSlam and people are expecting him, from the bottom of his heart, it’s not up to him. He said not to take it out on him because it’s not up to him.

He was asked about Brock Lesnar. Goldberg said that Brock knows how he feels about him. He noted that they’ve been in the ring and while they didn’t have the best match, Brock knows his power. He said that’s what is missing is someone giving Brock the fight like he gives to everyone else. Goldberg says that Brock knows what would happen, he knows where he lives, and the same thing will happen to Brock that happened at WrestleMania XX.

Goldberg said that he never turns down a challenge and they deserve to see that match. Check out the video below:

Brock Lesnar Invades SmackDown Live – Revenge On Randy Orton (Video)

Monday night on RAW, Randy Orton invaded RAW and hit Brock Lesnar with a RKO. Last night on SmackDown Live, Lesnar returned the favor invading SmackDown Live and hiting Orton with a F5.