NJPW New Beginning iPPV in Sapporo 2/5/17

* KUSHIDA & Hirai Kawato vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado (Suzuki-Gun)

* Yuji Nagata & TenCozy vs. Yoshitatsu, David Finlay Jr. & Henare.

* Katsuyori Shibata, Jushin Liger & Tiger Mask IV vs. Will Ospreay, Gedo & Jado (CHAOS)

* YOSHI-HASHI (CHAOS) vs. Takashi Iizuka (Suzuki-Gun)

* Michael Elgin & NEVER 6-Man Tag Team Champions Hiroshi Tanahashi, Manabu Nakanishi & Ryusuke Taguchi and Dragon Lee vs. IWGP Intercontinental Champion Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, EVIL, BUSHI & IWGP Jr. Champion Hiromu Takahashi (Los Ingobernables de Japon)

* IWGP Jr. Tag Team Titles: RPG Vice (c’s) (CHAOS) vs. TAKA and Taichi (Suzuki-Gun)

* NEVER Title: Hirooki Goto (c) (CHAOS) vs. Juice Robinson

* Triple Threat Match for the IWGP Tag Team Titles: Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano (c’s) (CHAOS) vs. Great Bash Heel vs. The Killer Elite Squad (Suzuki-Gun)

* Main Event for the IWGP Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) (CHAOS) vs. Minoru Suzuki (Suzuki-Gun)

Pentagon Jr.’s Ex-Employer Files Trademark On His New Name One-Week After It Was Announced

Lucha Underground star Pentagon Jr. may not be able to wrestle using the new name he announced after leaving AAA … because it’s been trademarked by his former employer.

Lucha Libre FMV — the company who owns AAA and Lucha Underground — filed the documents one week after the wrestler announced he left their company and would now be known as Penta OM.

The document says the trademark is now live … but, with the filing date being so recent, the wrestler still has time to file an opposition to fight their attempt to own his name.

According to Lucha Blog, the company also filed for the same trademark in Mexico.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

Tommy Dreamer Nearly Loses Eye (Photo)

Tommy Dreamer had a close call with his dogs as one of them pawed him in the eye, Dreamer tells the story below:

“Scary day, I almost lost my eye. Was in bed in am petting my dog. Switched to pet the other & he lunged forward to get more scratching & he put his paw right in my eye. I’ve never felt so much pain & I’ve been on fire, in barbed wire tacks & hit in balls w/a cane that knocked me out. Went to Dr, scratched cornea, it ripped my contact in half, we can’t find other half. Dr said contact probably saved my eye. Pain is pretty intense Can’t open it. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.”

Source: WrestlingINC

Netflix Confirms Lucha Underground Reports, Lucha Underground El Rey Return Update

MLW Radio first tweeted earlier this week that the first two seasons of Lucha Underground will air on Netflix. They added that the promotion will NOT be leaving the El Rey Network and is not for sale, as seen below:

On MLW Radio yesterday, via @luchablog, it was noted that the show would premiere on Netflix on February 15th for the U.S. and other parts of North America. Netflix Canada confirmed that the series will be airing in Canada on Twitter:

As for the current third season of Lucha Underground, the mid-season finale aired on January 11th. As seen below, the second half of the third season will return to the El Rey Network on May 31st:

Source: WrestlingINC

Lucha Underground To Debut On Netflix This Month

According to the latest edition of Court Bauer’s MLW Radio (via PWinsider), the first two season of Lucha Underground will debut on Netflix on February 15. The series had 39 episodes in Season One and 26 in season two. Bauer is a former WWE Creative Team member and promoter; he had worked for Lucha Underground last year and at had been involved in a push to get the series on the streaming platform. This news follows rumors that started last month, claiming that the series would be leaving The El Rey Network completely for Netflix. If it happens, Lucha Underground will be the first wrestling promotion/series hosted on the streaming service. Lucha Underground is currently in their third season, but are currently on a break as El Rey made the call to split and extend the season.

Source: 411Mania

Kenny Omega Says He Will Not Be At The WWE Royal Rumble, He’s Re-Signing With NJPW

Kenny Omega appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio today and revealed that he is close to re-signing with New Japan Pro Wrestling for another year and will not be appearing at this Sunday’s WWE Royal Rumble pay-per-view.

“I will not be at the Royal Rumble,” Omega said. “I don’t want people to have this false hope of me showing up in the Royal Rumble and then not being there and being disappointed when there’s a fantastic match happening with fantastic competitors. I don’t want the lack of me being in that to disappoint people.”

Omega noted that he hasn’t finalized terms for a new contract with New Japan, however he will be flying out to Japan in mid-February to re-negotiate and “it’s looking positive.” He admitted that while there’s a small chance that the deal could fall through, it’s looking like he will be staying with New Japan for one more year. He said that he still feels like there are things in Japan that are unfinished. He added that WWE’s roster is stacked and he feels like he can make more of an impact in New Japan rather than WWE.

You can listen to the full episode by clicking here.

Source: WrestlingINC

In the latest episode of the Elite, which you can watch below, Kenny sent a message to The Young Bucks about staying with New Japan:

Rey Mysterio’s Son Dominik Begins Training To Wrestle (VIDEO)

rey mysterio son wrestle wrestler training

Rey Mysterio‘s son Dominik could soon follow in his father’s footsteps … because he officially started training to wrestle this week!

Finest City Wrestling in San Diego posted a photo Monday night after his inaugural session and wrote, “Tonight Dominik took his first steps towards a awesome journey with the help from his pops Rey Mysterio and Konnan at Battle U.”

Mysterio revealed back in November that his son was working to get his body into ring shape so that he could eventually begin training inside the squared circle.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

Pentagon Jr. Announces Departure From AAA

Pentagon Jr. announced his departure from AAA this morning and will start going by the name of PENTA EL 0M (Cero Miedo), as AAA and Lucha Underground own the names of Pentagon Jr. and Pentagon Dark. He commented on his departure on his Twitter and Facebook accounts, as seen below:

https://twitter.com/PentagonJunior/status/823167479673286657

Pentagon Jr. made a surprise appearance with AAA wrestlers Daga and Garza Jr. (who both also left AAA) last night in the main event at The Crash Luchas promotion in Tijuana Mexico. That match saw The Broken Hardys become The Crash Tag Team Champions.

Source: WrestlingINC

Kevin Nash to Donate Brain For CTE Research

According to ACCMag, Kevin Nash will donate his brain and spinal cord to the CTE Center at Boston University and the Concussion Legacy Foundation after his death. Nash had the following to say on his decision…

“Chris Nowinski started the program, and I’ve had several concussions throughout my life and had scans done and stuff and knew that somewhere down the line, I’ve already had short-term memory problems. I decided to go ahead. The only way you can diagnose this is after you’re dead.”

Source: 411Mania

Adam Rose Says His Party Character Has Been Killed … ‘I Am KRUGAR’

KRUGAR

Former WWE wrestler Adam Rose says his party character is dead … and from now on, he’ll be using the name KRUGAR — because he wants to prove he’s more than just a comedy act.

The wrestler released a video to Pro Wrestling Sheet in which he announces the new name and addresses rumors that he might have been M.I.A. the past few months due to addiction.

KRUGAR explains, “People say I disappeared because I’m some sort of drug addict. Well, I can tell you this, I am no drug addict. I’m no angel. I can tell you that. I’m no angel. I’ve wrestled demons my entire life. But I am not a drug addict.”

He adds, “I disappeared because I had to put my family first. I had to go home to my boys. I had to go home and look after my wife. I had to go get a real job just like the rest of you to feed them.”

The 37-year-old was formerly Leo Kruger in NXT from 2010-2014.

KRUGAR comments on the name change by saying, “Adam Rose is dead. I killed Adam Rose. I’m not some comedy routine.”

Check out the full video below:

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet