As we previously reported that David Arquette was bloody mess during his Death Match at Joey Janela’s LA Confidential and was taken to the ER.
In an update, People.com reports that he is in the hospital and recovering from injuries he sustained in the death match.
Arquette released a statement on Twitter Monday in which he addressed his injuries from the match after fans circulated photos and videos of his bloody face on the Internet.
After the match, he tweeted, “Turns out Death Matches aren’t my thing.”
“I’m all stitched up. Thank you to all the fans for the love,” he wrote in the caption. “Sorry I made Miss Elisabeth cry.”
His sister, Rosanna Arquette, commented on the photo writing, “You are scaring me Davey… bloody fights are not funny. I’m happy you are ok go play James Bond with those abs!!!! I love you.”
The actor’s wife, Christina McLarty, told The Blast in a video her husband would “be okay.”
“He’s okay, thank you,” she said. “After the wrestling match he looked fine, and then [his neck] was irritating him. I don’t know, I didn’t see the whole thing go down.”
McLarty added the actor would be released from the hospital in time for Thanksgiving.
Arquette and McLarty share 4-year-old son Charlie West. He also has a 14-year-old daughter, Coco, with ex-wife Courteney Cox.