Chyna’s Death Was From Accidental Overdose of Medication: Manager

Source: NBC News

Chyna’s manager said Wednesday he believes the pioneer wrestling star died of an accidental overdose of Ambien and Valium.

“She accidentally and unintentionally misused her legally prescribed medication over the course of 2-3 weeks. It’s an epidemic,” manager Anthony Anzaldo said in an email.

Chyna died last week at age 46 in her Redondo Beach, California, home.

The Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner has not yet ruled on a cause of death. It said a ruling is deferred pending additional investigation.

Coroner’s office Assistant Chief Ed Winter said full test results aren’t expected back for the next couple of months. “It is not closed,” Winter said of the case.

“It’s premature to give a cause of death on a case that the final tests are not in yet,” Winter said.

Anzaldo said Chyna died after falling asleep April 17 and that he found her at 3:30 p.m. April 20 after being unable to contact her.

“She fell asleep on Sunday night and peacefully took her last breath,” Anzaldo said. He said there were no alcohol or drugs, legal or illegal, at the scene.

The Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner has not yet ruled on a cause of death. It said a ruling is deferred pending additional investigation.