Backstage News On WWE’s Plans For Roman Reigns Vs. Brock Lesnar Build, More On Monday’s RAW Absence

Image result for Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar WrestleMania 34

As noted, WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar was scheduled to face off with Roman Reigns on Monday’s RAW from Anaheim but that segment never happened. Lesnar, who was in Las Vegas on Sunday to meet with UFC President Dana White but not to attend the WWE Elimination Chamber pay-per-view, was listed in multiple RAW scripts on Monday and was still being advertised by WWE after RAW hit the air.

It’s still not completely clear why Lesnar and Heyman didn’t appear but F4Wonline.com reports that their absence is believed to be due to an 11th hour creative change. The goal of the build to Reigns vs. Lesnar at WrestleMania 34 is to get Reigns cheered by fans, leading to a positive reaction when he wins the title in New Orleans. WWE officials also want the build to Reigns vs. Lesnar to come across like a shoot as much as possible, and the RAW segment helped with that goal.

We also noted before that the RAW segment with Reigns, Lesnar and Paul Heyman was scheduled to be lengthy and would air in the second hour. PWInsider adds that the segment was scripted to have Lesnar call Reigns a “b—h” at one point. Regarding the promo that Reigns did by himself, word is that the promo was not in the script but most of the verbiage was approved, likely by Vince McMahon.

Lesnar is scheduled to defend his title against Kane at Saturday’s WWE live event in Chicago. He’s scheduled to return to TV at the March 12th RAW in Detroit.

Source: WrestlingINC

Jailed Steroid Dealer Says He’ll Provide Evidence Of Roman Reigns Being A Client Of His

Jon Bravo, who is working on a documentary looking at the Iron Addicts Gym which was owned by jailed steroid dealer Richard Rodriguez, released another interview with Rodriguez, which you can watch in the video below. Last week Rodriquez had implicated Roman Reigns, as well as actors Mark Wahlberg and Josh Duhamel, as clients in a steroid distribution ring. Reigns denied the allegation in a statement that was sent to us.

“I have never heard of Richard Rodriguez or Wellness Fitness Nutrition,” Reigns stated. “I learned from the mistake I made nearly two years ago and paid the penalty for it. Since then, I’ve passed 11 tests as part of WWE’s independent drug testing program.”

Wahlberg and Duhamel also denied the allegations.

In the new video, Rodriguez said that he specifically named Reigns, Wahlberg and Duhamel to get a better plea deal. He said that there are bigger names that haven’t been released that will be revealed in his documentary, even teasing that he might have some secrets on advisors in President Donald Trump’s administration. Rodriguez said that Reigns was introduced to him years ago by a wrestling enthusiast. He also said that he will release “snippets of proof” in the next week of text messages, tracking numbers and addresses where products were shipped that will be tied to each of the accused.

“That information with us communicating with Roman via text messages will be provided to the appropriate party, which will then be disclosed prior to our documentary that’s going to be filmed soon,” Rodriguez said.

Rodriguez added that his protocol with Reigns would change depending on “the varied times in which WWE wrestlers get tested.”

The DEA arrested Rodriguez and raided his Iron Addicts Gym in Miami last February following an investigation. Rodriguez was accused of being involved in a distribution chain that imported goods from China, then manufactured illegal steroids in Arizona before distributing them out of the Miami area. According to Forbes, Rodriguez’s company, Wellness Fitness Nutrition LLC (WFN), had a client list that included “at least 50 customers in the Eastern District of New York.” It was noted that the ring made over $10 million in the distribution of illegal steroids.

Source: WrestlingINC

Roman Reigns Calls BS On Allegations From Steroid Distributor

roman reigns denies steroid allegations distributor

Pro Wrestling Sheet received a statement from Roman Reigns about a recent interview in which he was tied to a steroid distribution ring.

For those who missed it, Reigns was named by jailed steroid distributor Richard Rodriguez as a former client in an interview he gave to filmmaker Jon Bravo about his Miami-based company Wellness Fitness Nutrition — which was raided by the DEA last year.

Reigns says, “I have never heard of Richard Rodriguez or Wellness Fitness Nutrition. I learned from the mistake I made nearly two years ago and paid the penalty for it.”

Adding, “Since then, I’ve passed 11 tests as part of WWE’s independent drug testing program.”

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

News On When Roman Reigns And Bray Wyatt Will Be Re-evaluated

illness bray wyatt roman reigns tlc pay per view

As the WWE tries to recover from a tumultuous few days that saw multiple superstars get sick from a viral infection, many are wondering what the timetable is for a return to normalcy.

On Friday, WrestlingInc.com owner Raj Giri broke the news that the WWE was testing RAW superstars for the mumps. Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt and Bo Dallas were among those infected, and Reigns and Wyatt were removed from TLC due to the illness, causing major changes to Sunday’s pay-per-view. In a response to our report, the WWE released a statement confirming that three superstars were diagnosed with a viral infection. On the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer offered an update for when those superstars could possibly return to action.

Meltzer noted that Reigns has the mumps and said he and the other infected superstars will be re-evaluated next week on Monday. The rest of the locker room got their shots on Thursday to prevent further spreading of the infection, but Meltzer said there is still a fear within the company that more superstars could contract the illness.

WWE had initially tested some talent for viral meningitis, and discovered that the illness is believed to be the mumps. Mumps symptoms usually take 16-18 days to appear and then the infection usually takes several days to a week to disappear. It is unclear how much time is needed to completely recover from an illness like that in order to be deemed fit to compete in the ring. It is also unknown if any SmackDown superstars were tested for the infection or if the virus was solely spread in the RAW locker room.

At TLC on Sunday, Kurt Angle replaced Reigns in the main event and teamed with Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose to defeat the team of Braun Strowman, The Miz, Sheamus and Cesaro, and Kane in a Tables, Ladders and Chairs match. AJ Styles replaced Wyatt in a match against “The Demon” Finn Balor, in what was an instant fan favorite won by Balor.

Source: WrestlingINC

Matt ‘Rosey’ Anoa’i Passes Away

Image result for Matt 'Rosey' Anoa'i Passes Away, Former WWE Tag Team Champion

Former WWE Superstar Matt “Rosey” Anoa’i passed away on Monday at the age of 47. Matt was the older brother to RAW Superstar Roman Reigns.

WWE issued the following:

WWE is saddened to learn that Matt Anoa’i, known to fans as Rosey, has passed away at age 47. The son of WWE Hall of Famer Sika and older brother of WWE Superstar Roman Reigns, Rosey grew up in the legendary Anoa’i wrestling dynasty.

He debuted in 2002 alongside his cousin Jamal as part of 3-Minute Warning. The imposing, powerful tandem tore through Raw’s tag team division before going their separate ways. Rosey then formed a beloved superhero duo with The Hurricane, which culminated in his first World Tag Team Championship reign.

The Anoa’i family shared the following statement:

“The Anoa’i family is mourning the loss of Sika’s son, Matt aka Rosey, due to an untimely death.

We want to let his fans know that he loved them and the wrestling world so much. In his passing, he left three beautiful young children and a heartbroken family. Please respect the privacy of his children and family as they mourn the loss of this kind, loving, gentle man, who was a father, son, brother and a superhero to us all.

Our family appreciates your prayers and continued support during this very difficult time.”

WWE extends its condolences to Rosey’s family, friends and fans.

Braun Strowman’s Brutal Attack On Roman Reigns (Video)

Image result for Strowman savagely attacks Reigns on RAW

WWE’s storyline update on Roman Reigns following last night’s brutal attack by Braun Strowman notes that he is suffering from internal injuries, cracked ribs and a possible separated shoulder. Reigns vs. Strowman should be announced soon for the Payback pay-per-view.

Creative News On The Undertaker Vs. Roman Reigns At WrestleMania 33

Image result for Roman Reigns eliminates Undertaker at 2017 Royal rumble match

 

Roman Reigns vs. The Undertaker is the current plan for one of the WrestleMania 33 main events.

Despite the fact that Reigns will likely be booed out of the Camping World Stadium, Vince McMahon has reportedly wanted to do this match for some time. WrestleMania 33 may be the last big chance to do the match due to Taker’s health.

Reigns eliminated Taker in this year’s Royal Rumble match to set up their WrestleMania beef but Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that there is the idea of a generational passing of the torch being discussed, which may be hard to pull off with the expected crowd reaction to Reigns. That could indicate an official heel run for Reigns but The Observer notes that WWE’s long-term goal is still for Reigns to be the face of the company.

Regarding Taker’s health, we noted before that he was said to be really hurting with hip pain after Sunday’s Royal Rumble main event. Taker had hip surgery last fall but still needs a hip replacement surgery, which he’s been putting off until his in-ring career is over.

Source: WrestlingINC

Roman Reigns Returning To Action Before WWE Battleground

Source: WrestlingINC

Roman Reigns’ WWE suspension ends this week after the WWE television tapings. While Reigns will not be appearing at Tuesday’s WWE Draft show, he is scheduled to return to action this Saturday at the WWE live event at the Wildwoods Convention Center in Wildwood, NJ.

Roman Reigns Was Ordered To Apologize To Talent In Locker Room, How Much Suspension Will Cost Him

Source: WrestlingINC

Dave Meltzer reported in the latest issue of The Wrestling Observer that Roman Reigns was ordered to apologize to the locker room last week before being sent home for his first violation of the WWE Wellness Policy. It was met with mixed reactions, with some feeling that Reigns didn’t need to be humiliated like that, while others disagreed.

It was Mark Carrano that ultimately ordered Reigns to issue the apology, which Meltzer noted meant that it came from Triple H and not from Vince McMahon’s side.

Meltzer also pointed out that wrestlers don’t get paid any of their wrestling pay and downside guarantees during their suspension, so this is costing Reigns in the neighborhood of $100,000 since he was scheduled to headline every house show that he was on during that period. However, he won’t be missing any pay-per-views, which is his biggest payoff. He will also still be getting paid royalties and points on his merchandise during the suspension.

WWE Knew About Roman Reigns’ Wellness Failure Days Before Money In The Bank

Source: WrestlingNews.Co

The big story this week is about Roman Reigns’ wellness policy failure and his 30-day suspension. WWE has not released any other information other than Reigns’ statement.

There have been instances where a wrestler would fail a wellness test but would be kept on TV for weeks or months before being suspended. In the case of Reigns, it was a recent failure. Very few people knew before it was announced but his wellness failure was known by the company by late last week.

Since Reigns was about to be suspended, it made sense for him to lose the title at Money In The Bank. The title change to Seth Rollins and then to Dean Ambrose was said to be a late change made by Vince McMahon. It’s not known for sure if the late change was a coincidence or if it was a result of Reigns’ wellness failure but it’s worth nothing that you rarely see top guys lose clean like Reigns did.

Reigns will not be at the draft show on July 19 but his suspension will be up in time before the Battleground pay-per-view on July 24.