Becky Lynch Comments On Ric Flair Filing To Trademark “The Man”

The current WWE RAW Women’s Champion, Becky Lynch, has reached unparalleled levels of success in WWE’s women’s division after she deemed herself “The Man” last summer. But since then, WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair has taken issue with WWE and Lynch freely using the term to describe Lynch’s character.

Flair has even filed for the name to be trademarked under him, saying that he would be completely fine with Lynch using the term if WWE would pay him while using it.

Lynch has now spoken out to ESPN’s Marc Raimondi about Flair attempting to trademark “The Man” for his own.

“All I can say about Ric is, I like Ric,” Lynch said. “He’s been a good friend to me over the years. We’ll see what happens with that.'”

You can see the full tweet below:

The two first started trading shots on Twitter this past August when Lynch caught wind of Flair’s trademark filing. As seen below, Lynch responded to Flair’s, ‘To Be The Man, You Gotta Beat THE MAN!’, with, ‘I am The Man.’

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1167665524911816704

Source: Wrestling Inc.

Ric Flair Apologizes To Shawn Michaels

WWE legend Ric Flair took to social media to promote his appearance at the Greater Austin Comic Con. Before getting into the details of the event, Flair took a brief moment to apologize to Shawn Michaels after Flair called Michaels out in a previous social media post following his health scare in May.

“Three weeks ago, I got out,” Flair said. “Still alive. Still happy to be here and getting ready to take off for Austin, Texas.

“I wanted to take one moment to apologize to Shawn Michaels. Shawn, I got excited. I was upset about some stuff and took it out on you. I apologize. You and Ricky Steamboat will always be the greatest wrestlers I’ve ever been in the ring with. Let’s leave it at that.”

Flair suffered a medical emergency in May which eventually led to him undergoing a successful heart surgery days later. Following his release from the hospital, Flair released two social media videos titled ‘Back In Action Parts 1 & 2’. The videos showed Flair energetically cheering himself on his youthful energy while simultaneously highlighting the severity of his medical scare. During the videos, Flair thanked his friends while also calling out Michaels.

“Shawn Michaels, I’m sorry… you’re not in a position to judge me, buddy,” Flair said at the time. “Telling me I’ll never know who Richard Fliehr is. Do you think I’ll ever know? I don’t know. Richard Fliehr, like I said before, was an irresponsible kid who was blessed with the greatest parents in the world, did everything wrong.

“By the way, who are you to judge me? I mean, really? Come on, man. Let’s get serious. You’ve opened the door and I’m giving it back to you. Who are you to judge me, are you kidding me? You idolized me and then all the sudden contempt, for what? For what you grew up loving and for what you inspired me to be, who you are. I don’t think so, man.”

Shawn Michaels has not responded to Flair’s video. Greater Austin Comic Con is scheduled to start June 15 through June 16 in Cedar Park, Texas. Flair scheduled to appear with former pro wrestling legends Kevin Nash and Razor Ramon.

Source: Wrestling Inc.

Ric Flair Reveals Details About Recent Medical Emergency And Surgeries

Ric Flair claims to be feeling good again after a medical emergency, but admits in a new interview that he’s recently undergone four procedures related to his heart.

Flair opened up about his health this week on SiriusXM’s Busted Open and talked in-depth about the multiple procedures.

The first was to look for blockage and Ric says none was found. “The second time they put me to sleep and they tried to shock my heart,” he explained. “What was happening was it was going into afib,” which basically means he had an irregular heartbeat.

The third time Ric went to the hospital for an ablation. According to Google, a cardiac ablation is “a procedure to scar or destroy tissue in your heart that’s allowing incorrect electrical signals to cause an abnormal heart rhythm. Diagnostic catheters are threaded through blood vessels to your heart where they are used to map your heart’s electrical signals.”

“I was great for three days that time, but it didn’t work,” the 70-year-old stated.

Flair then detailed not being able to breathe in the middle of the night weeks later and how it got to the point where he couldn’t walk ten steps.  Because of this, he went to the emergency room and learned he had fluid on his heart as a result of anesthesia from the three other surgeries.

“I had what’s called congestive heart failure,” he added.

Doctors also found a blood clot in his leg that broke off and went to his lungs, which is why the surgery was put off for a few days.

Luckily, Ric says he’s feeling much better now and plans to get back to work after he’s rested.

CLICK HERE to listen to the full interview.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

Ric Flair Being Sued By Ex-Agent For Defamation Over Claims Made In Video

Ric Flair’s former agent says she’s filed a defamation lawsuit against “The Nature Boy” over claims he made about her in a recent video.

Legacy Talent and Entertainment, LLC and Melinda Zanoni released a statement saying:

Today we have taken the first step and filed a Civil Lawsuit against Richard M. Fliehr a/k/a as Ric Flair and certain unnamed (for now) defendants for defamation per se and look forward to proving the falsity of every wrongful allegation contained in his video that was posted on YouTube on June 3, 2019. Ric Flair having taken down the video is not enough.

We will vigorously use the court system to protect our good names and reputations, and obtain damages due to Ric Flair’s defamatory comments contained in the video. We intend to amend the lawsuit to include all involved parties and hold all involved accountable.

We completely stand behind our client’s well known reputation for truthfulness, professionalism, honor, and integrity.

As we previously reported … Ric claimed Zanoni had embezzled money from him and accused her of sending a threatening phone call to his wife, among other things.

“20 years friendship, 10 years my agent. Not a text, you didn’t drive down to the hospital. You just didn’t give a sh*t. And you assumed I was gonna die, like a lot of people did. And you just grabbed all the money you could run with,” he stated in the footage.

The video was removed from YouTube days later.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

Ric Flair Reportedly Dealing With Tax Issues, Hit With Six-Figure Tax Bill Days After Heart Surgery

WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair was reportedly hit with a $280,000 tax bill just days after undergoing heart surgery last week, according to a new report by The Daily Mail.

The Georgia Department of Revenue and the Internal Revenue Service both reportedly have notices of liens on Flair’s property. However, the five bedroom Atlanta-area house that Flair lives in with his wife Wendy Barlow, is not owned by him. The Daily Mail noted that the home is worth $370,000.

Tax documents show that The Nature Boy owes the federal government $239,871 on his earnings from 2016 – 2018, plus another $38,703 is owed to the state of Georgia.

It was noted that Flair, who is worth an estimated $3 million, will have a few years to settle the debts before any property is seized. Flair previously dealt with tax issues in 1990, 2000 and 2005.

Source: Wrestling Inc.

Ric Flair Accuses Former Manager And Friend Of Embezzling Money From Him

WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair released another YouTube video yesterday. Flair called out his former agent, Melinda Morris Zanoni of Legacy Talent and Entertainment, accusing her of embezzling money from him.

Flair also accused Zanoni of letting his “Wooooo!” and “Ric Flair” trademarks to expire. WWE ended up registering them for him. He also accused her of grabbing “all the money you could run with” after assuming he was going to die. Flair said he hopes his video gets Zanoni disbarred, noting that he spoke with an attorney before recording it. He also claims Zanoni called his wife Wendy Barlow, using a blocked number, and threatened her.

Flair noted that he was friends with Zanoni for 20 years, and her client for 10 years. He apologized to WWE Hall of Famers Sting, Kurt Angle and Mick Foley for referring them to Zanoni. He also thanked his friends, doctors and WWE for supporting him through his recent heath issues, and noted that Zanoni didn’t visit him while he was hospitalized in Atlanta.

Flair previously parted ways with Zanoni in September 2017 after a health scare, and filed a lawsuit against the agency, claiming they embezzled $46,000 from him. That figure includes a $25,000 payment from the ESPN 30 For 30 producers that they didn’t tell him about, and a $12,000 royalty advance for a endorsement deal with Jake’s Fireworks.

Source: Wrestling Inc.

Ric Flair Shares Video Update, Says It’s Once Again A Miracle He’s Alive, Addresses Comments Shawn Michaels Made On ESPN 30 For 30

“The Nature Boy” Ric Flair has updated his fans saying he’s better than ever in a new video, but states it’s once again a miracle he’s alive.

Flair posted a video on YouTube titled “Back in Action: Part One” in which he begins by thanking everyone for their support. He then explains that he had tubes down his throat for four days so his voice is sore.

Ric continued, “First of all, thank you … to my beautiful family, to all my friends, to all the doctors, nurses, everybody that brought me back again. It’s a miracle again!”

The 70-year-old then claimed his recent trip to the hospital was a 1.8 million dollar tuneup and added, “thank God for insurance!”

“But it’s ok, because I lived,” Flair exclaimed. “And I’m living here to tell you that the kiss-stealing, wheeling and dealing, limousine riding, jet-flying, son of a gun is not gonna change, slow down, I’m gonna move forward. I got autographs to sign. Commercials to make. Pictures to take. Friends to have a cold beer with. And I mean two cold beers if it’s Stone Cold. Do you understand that?!”

As you may recall, Ric Flair said he was attempting to quit alcohol in ’17 after his first medical scare.

Flair angrily explains at two different points that he knows who wasn’t there for him during his recent trip to the hospital and he plans to address this in a second video.

The WWE Hall of Famer also talks negatively about Richard Fliehr, his real name, but notes that Ric Flair became “The Man.”

“I’m never gonna get old,” Flair yelled after explaining his pop culture influence. “I don’t care how many doctors tell me ‘you’ve got to learn to grow up’ … I’m not gonna act like my age. DON’T EVER TELL ME THAT! I’m paying you to make me better so that I can be me! That’s me. And that’s all I’m ever gonna be.”

 

He also said one person wasn’t there for him recently and he planned to address this in a follow-up video.

ESPN’s 30 for 30 on Ric Flair featured many legends talking about his life, but “The Nature Boy” has a bone to pick with something Shawn Michaels specifically said.

In the second video posted early Friday morning, Flair begins by saying that while in a coma for 12 days he actually spoke with God and begged for his mercy.

Ric goes on to thank Jim Ross for comments he made in the 30 for 30 special … but his feelings towards comments made by HBK are very different.

“Shawn Michaels, I’m sorry but you’re not in a position to judge me,” he sternly stated. “I’ll never know who Richard Fliehr is? Really?” He then explains how he does know himself.

For those who don’t recall, Shawn Michaels gave his take on Flair in the ESPN special and said “Ric doesn’t love Richard Fliehr.” Adding, “I don’t know that he’s ever taken the time to get to know him [Richard Fliehr] or to find out who in the world he is.”

“C’mon man, let’s get serious,” Ric continued in the video. “You’ve opened the door so I’m giving it back to ya. Who are you to judge me?! I mean are you kidding me?! You IDOLIZED me and then all of a sudden contempt. For what?! For what you grew up loving? What inspired you to be who you are. I don’t think so, man!”

The 70-year-old then re-iterated that he doesn’t plan to get old and loves being young. “You can’t stop me now, baby … I got my wheels on the ground,” he added before signing off.

Flair’s famous WWE retirement match in 2008 was against Shawn Michaels.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

The Roast Of Ric Flair To Take Place At A Later Date

Starrcast has announced that the roast of WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair will take place at a later date to be announced.

As noted, The Nature Boy was forced to pull out of “The Roast of Ric Flair” scheduled for Friday night in Las Vegas during Starrcast II weekend, which coincided with AEW’s Double Or Nothing weekend. Flair underwent heart surgery on Monday and his doctors won’t allow him to travel to Vegas for the weekend events. Starrcast issued the following today:

“The good news is that Ric Flair’s surgery was a success. The bad news is that his doctor won’t allow him to travel this weekend. As a result, his Meet & Greets at #Starrcast are being refunded. The Roast of Ric Flair will have to be postponed to a later date yet to be determined.”

The roast of Flair was scheduled to air on pay-per-view and Fite.TV this Friday night. There’s no word yet on if it will still stream when it happens. Flair was also scheduled for a “30 Years and 5 Stars Later” panel with WWE Hall of Famers Ricky Steamboat and Jim Ross this week. Starrcast will be issuing refunds for all of Flair’s planned events.

Flair’s wife Wendy Barlow noted on Monday that the operation was a success and that Flair was in the recovery room. TMZ reported that doctors were optimistic Flair will make a full recovery. Flair was said to be in good spirits over the past few days, chatting with some of his famous friends on the phone, including rapper Offset.

Flair is scheduled to make his first post-surgery public appearance on Friday, May 31 for SCWPro at their “To Be The Man” event in East Moline, Illinois. SCWPro confirmed today that they have been in contact with Flair’s representatives, and that he will still make that appearance.

https://twitter.com/SCWPro/status/1130629464554135552

Source: Wrestling Inc.

Ric Flair Unable To Attend Starrcast II After Undergoing Successful Heart Surgery

WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair is currently recovering after undergoing successful heart surgery earlier today, according to TMZ.

Flair’s wife Wendy Barlow told TMZ that the operation was a success and that The Nature Boy is now in the recovery room, adding that she wanted to thank everyone for their prayers and support during the difficult time.

As noted, Flair was hospitalized on Thursday after suffering a medical emergency. He was set to undergo surgery on Friday but doctors postponed the operation until Monday due to complications they were working around.

Flair was forced to back out of the Starrcast II weekend and “The Roast of Ric Fair” because he would not be healthy enough to make the trip by Friday evening. There’s no word yet on if the roast will be re-scheduled.

Source: Wrestling Inc.

WWE Hall Of Famer Ric Flair Expected To Make Full Recovery, Wife Issues Statement

We noted yesterday that WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair had been rushed to a hospital in the Atlanta area after suffering a medical emergency. It was also reported that Flair was facing a “very serious” situation. Flair’s son-in-law Conrad Thompson, while doing media for Starrcast II, downplayed the reports on Ric about an hour after TMZ’s original report. Thompson said Flair’s situation was not as serious as TMZ made it out to be, and that Flair underwent a surgery that he had been scheduled to undergo. Conrad said Flair decided to have the operation this week, instead of having it after he got back from Starrcast and his big roast event next week.

In an update, TMZ now reports that Flair’s wife Wendy Barlow issued a statement to this this evening. Barlow says The Nature Boy is expected to make a full recovery. You can see the full statement below:

“Due to ongoing health complications, Ric was taken to the hospital and is expected to undergo a procedure tomorrow morning, after which he expects to fully recover.”

On a related note, Flair has reportedly been dealing with some heart issues as of late, according to Pro Wrestling Sheet. Their report stated that Flair’s trip to the hospital today was related to those issues.

Flair, who is 70 years old, suffered a medical scare back in 2017 and was placed into a medically induced coma before undergoing colon surgery. He spent nearly a month in the hospital. The situation was very serious, but Flair recovered and even married longtime girlfriend Barlow last year.

Flair underwent an operation back in March of this year but details of the surgery were never confirmed. He appeared on WWE TV at WrestleMania 35 for an angle during the No Holds Barred match between Batista and Triple H, and is 70th birthday party was the beginning to the build for that match. “The Roast of Ric Flair” will take place during Starrcast II weekend later this month.

Source: Wrestling Inc.