Rey Mysterio’s WWE Return Date Reportedly Set

Related image

Rey Mysterio is set to return to WWE at the SmackDown 1000 show in two weeks from Washington D.C., according to a report from PWInsider.

Mysterio reportedly signed a two-year deal with WWE last month. He had been trying to negotiate an 18-month contract but WWE wanted a two year deal, which they settled on. Mysterio did manage to work in a clause where you could give notices at the 18-month mark if he wants to leave.

Mysterio returned to WWE at the Royal Rumble earlier this year and later worked the Greatest Royal Rumble event in Saudi Arabia in April. The two sides have been working on a deal since then.

Source: WrestlingINC

Rey Mysterio Says He’s Waiting For WWE To Give Him A Return Date

Image result for Rey Mysterio

On the latest episode of The Jim Ross Report, WWE Hall Of Famer Jim Ross welcomed lucha libre legend Rey Mysterio to the podcast. Among many other things, Mysterio talked about impending return to WWE as well as his landmark 2018, working spots for WWE, NJPW, and independent promotions around the world.

On the subject of possibly returning to WWE, Mysterio said that talks about another run at Titan Tower began as the two sides negotiated Mysterio’s surprise Royal Rumble appearance. Apparently, they are still going back and forth on a return date and ‘The King Of Lucha Libre’ will continue taking outside bookings until a return date is decided upon.

“We started off with an anonymous call in January [about] coming back for the [Royal] Rumble, which was a big surprise to the fans because every time I go to a signing they say, ‘damn, Rey, I did not expect to see you there,’ so I guess that started off the whole conversation about possibly making a return. We’re still in the mix of it. We’ve been going back and forth, talking about possibly returning this month and then this month, so the longer it extends, the more I get work outside. That’s my bread and butter. That’s what I do for a living. I’m just waiting for them to say, ‘now’.” Mysterio explained, “when they say, ‘now,’ if the time is right, let’s go!”

With respect to Mysterio’s historic 2018, which has already included being a surprise entrant at WWE Royal Rumble, working The Greatest Royal Rumble, debuting for NJPW at Dominion, and main eventing All In, ‘The Master Of The 619’ pointed out the year is not over yet.

“I think God put me in the position to be where I’m at now.” Mysterio continued, “I’ve been very blessed throughout my [pro wrestling] career, J.R. and to be able to start off the year with the Rumble, unexpected, and then moving onto The Greatest Royal Rumble, and then, still for the first time doing my show in New Japan, which that was checked off my bucket list. I’ve never been there before and I was very excited and pleased to go for the first time. And the year’s not over yet. All In, last [Saturday], it was history. I just felt I’ve been at the right place at the right time.”

Check out the interview here.

Sources: WrestlingINC and The Jim Ross Report

Rey Mysterio Likely Returning To WWE After ‘All In’

Related image

Rey Mysterio is “very close” to finally making his WWE return, according to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. The Mysterio – WWE talks have gone on since the former WWE Champion made his return at the Royal Rumble earlier this year.

Mysterio’s final indie dates appear to be the first weekend of September. He’s been announced for a big six-man at the All In indie event on September 1 and he has another booking the next day, which could be it. WWE officials pushed the idea of bringing Rey in sooner, mainly to keep him off the All In event.

Rey spoke with Noelle Foley at the San Diego Comic Con last month and said he wants to finish his career with WWE.

“It is in my agenda. I would definitely like to close out my career with WWE,” Mysterio said. “With that being said, I don’t have much left on my watch. So I’m thinking anywhere from three to five years and I can really see a possible return to WWE without a doubt.”

Source: WrestlingINC

Rey Mysterio Returning For NJPW Match, G1 Climax Press Conference

Image result for Rey Mysterio at G1 Climax 28

Below is the G1 Climax Press Conference from earlier today featuring all 20 entrants in this year’s tournament.

– The G1 Climax gets started tomorrow at 5:30am ET on NJPW World, every show will be live and feature English commentary. The tournament runs from July 14 until August 12 with the winner receiving an opportunity to challenge for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship at Wrestle Kingdom 13. For details on all the participants, blocks, and key matches click here. Tomorrow’s A Block match-ups are:

* Togi Makabe vs. YOSHI-HASHI
* Hangman Page vs. Bad Luck Fale
* Michael Elgin vs. EVIL
* Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Minoru Suzuki
* Kazuchika Okada vs. Jay White

Among all the talk of Rey Mysterio potentially headed to WWE, it looks like he’ll be returning to NJPW for a match at the G1 Climax final show on August 12 against an unnamed opponent. Mysterio made his debut with the promotion in June at Dominion where Marty Scurll, Hangman Page, and Cody defeated Rey Mysterio, Jushin Thunder Liger, and Hiroshi Tanahashi.

Source: WrestlingINC

Rey Mysterio And WWE Reportedly Negotiating Three-Year Deal

Related image

Rey Mysterio has appeared twice for WWE in the past six months and he was in a Royal Rumble environment each time. As the WWE Universe waits to see Mr. 6-1-9 once again, the idea of Mysterio making some kind of WWE return seems more likely than ever.

LuchaCentral reports Rey Mysterio is discussing a three-year deal with WWE. These on-going negotiations reportedly revolve around the idea of Rey Mysterio getting to work a part-time schedule with the company. This kind of part-time contract isn’t atypical for a guy with Mysterio’s name recognition but the deal reportedly hinges on Mysterio getting to work a limited schedule of some kind.

This information coincides with a previous report from PW Insider when it was reported in January after Mysterio’s surprise Royal Rumble appearance that WWE wanted a full-time deal but Rey Mysterio would rather work a part-time schedule.

Mysterio was honored with his own holiday on June 19th in San Diego and he also spoke about this deal while during the event.

When Rey Mysterio returned to WWE after nearly three years away from the company to surprise the Philadelphia fans and the rest of the WWE Universe at the 2018 Royal Rumble he said: “I’m truly blessed to come back and realize that the fans don’t forget about you and not only the fans, but the WWE family. This is a universal reaction and it feels good, it feels great.”

Triple H is reportedly the point person in current negotiations with Mysterio as well. It’s still looking good for Rey Mysterio’s WWE return, it’s just a matter of working out the right deal.

Source: WrestlingINC

AJ Styles Confirmed For WWE2K19 Cover, Ronda Rousey Pre-Order Bonus

aj styles wwe2k19 cover video reveal

It was announced that AJ Styles will be on the cover of WWE2K19.

The announcement kicked off with Corey Graves, who introduced an excited AJ Styles. He then talked about being an actual gamer and showed off the new packaging.

AJ also announced the “Million Dollar Challenge” during the presser, which will apparently allow gamers to somehow enter a tournament that will end with a million dollar game against Styles.

The WWE Champion has long stated that being on the cover of WWE2K was on his bucket list. Because of that, AJ says he started dancing after being given the news a few weeks ago.

Ronda Rousey will be the pre-order bonus.

Watch the video of the announcement below:

A  commercial was shot this week for WWE2K19 featuring Styles and Rousey.

Rey Mysterio was on-set and seemed to be playing a big part in the advertisement. Mysterio shared a photo on Instagram this week with Jeff Hardy— the location being tagged as Jupiter — and followers with a keen eye noticed it was definitely a recent picture.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

Rey Mysterio NJPW Return Confirmed For Dominion

rey mysterio njpw dominion

NJPW has announced Rey Mysterio will be making up for his missed match this year at Strong Style Evolved by wrestling at their upcoming Dominion event.

As you may recall, Mysterio was sidelined back in march due to a bicep injury and was forced to miss his scheduled match against Jushin “Thunder” Liger. He did, however, set up possible matches with Liger, Will Ospreay, and Marty Scurll during a post-match altercation.

No official word yet on who Rey’s opponent will be.

Also confirmed for Dominion:

  • Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega in a 2-out-of-3 falls, no time-limit match
  • Tetsuya Naito vs. Chris Jericho for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship
  • The Young Bucks vs. EVIL and SANADA for the IWGP Tag Team Championship
  • Hirooki Goto vs. Michael Elgin vs. Taichi for the NEVER Openweight Championship

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

Backstage Update On Rey Mysterio’s WWE Status

Image result for Rey Mysterio WWE Greatest Royal Rumble

Rey Mysterio is set to make his return to the ring for WWE at the April 27th Greatest Royal Rumble event from Saudi Arabia, according to PWInsider. This has not been confirmed but it’s believed that Rey will be working the 50-man Rumble main event.

In an update on Rey’s contractual status, The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Rey has not agreed to terms for a new WWE contract as of Thursday of this week, but both sides are still negotiating a deal. The appearance in Saudi Arabia is a one-shot deal.

It’s still expected that Rey will sign with WWE but if he does, he won’t be immediately returning to TV for a regular role as he’s committed to dates for Arolucha and New Japan Pro Wrestling through late summer at least.

Source: WrestlingINC

Rey Mysterio No Longer Wrestling At NJPW Strong Style Evolved

Related image

Rey Mysterio who was originally scheduled to compete at this Sunday’s NJPW Strong Style Evolved in Long Beach, California is no longer wrestling at the event.

Mysterio had previously been scheduled to face-off against Jushin Liger, but it was announced at a press conference today that Will Ospreay will be taking the injured wrestler’s place.

Mysterio injured his bicep earlier this month, which was the reason given by NJPW for his absence. Mysterio has been in talks with WWE about a new contractAccording to PWInsider, the wrestler will be traveling this week to Birmingham, Alabama to get checked out by WWE doctors in advance of possibly signing.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

Rey Mysterio Injury Update, He’s Still Scheduled to Meet With WWE

Image result for Rey Mysterio

According to Pwinsider.com, the belief is that Rey Mysterio suffered a partially torn bicep working for Northeast Wrestling this past Friday in Connecticut. The severity of the tear has yet to be confirmed, but Mysterio was examined by a doctor earlier this week, and is able to move his arm in ways he wouldn’t if it had been a complete tear, which is a positive. The site also adds that the injury has not hurt the progress of his discussions with WWE as the two sides are scheduled to try and negotiate a deal shortly.

Mysterio is scheduled to wrestle Jushin Liger on March 25th at the NJPW Strong Style Evolved event.

Source: 411Mania