Jerry Lawler On Why He Was Removed From WWE Pre-Shows, Role Going Forward

As noted earlier, Jerry Lawler and Lita had been removed from pre-show duties, which eventually led to the shows being completely cut out of WWE’s weekly schedule. Cerrito Live (Sports56 in Memphis, TN) interviewed Jerry Lawler yesterday and asked about what led up to his removal from the pre-shows. Lawler explained how Kevin Dunn makes a lot of the decisions when it comes to TV and that Dunn called him last week to talk about the pre-show.

“Dunn said that due to WWE being a public traded company, it comes down to dollars and cents.” He said, “That having his salary being absorbed on the pre-show after he was taken off of Smackdown made it a very expensive to produce, so they decided to get rid of the pre-game show.” Lawler continued, “Vince McMahon called the next day and said I’m definitely not done with WWE and reiterated that the pre-show was dropped due to cost reasons.”

In terms of his future with the WWE, Lawler said “I’m under contract to WWE into January,” and “that they will talk about a new deal then.” Lawler went on to talk about how he’s done well financially over the past few years, hopes to work on a history of Memphis wrestling project for the WWE Network in the future, and has a job for life as the Hall Of Fame Master Of Ceremonies.

You can listen to the full interview by clicking here (Lawler comes in around the 35 minute mark).

Source: PWInsider via WrestlingINC

Jerry “The King” Lawler Signs Deal For A One-Man Tour In The UK

After being removed from weekly WWE Network programming this week, WWE Hall of Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler has signed a deal for a one-man tour in the UK this coming March. Details are below:

Eros Comedy & WWE present:Jerry “The King” Lawler

An unmissable evening in the company of this WWE Hall Of Fame wrestler, broadcaster and icon.

Tour Website: ErosComedy.com

Tour Twitter Feed: @ErosComedy

Tour Facebook Page: Facebook.com/ErosComedy

Thursday 16th March: London, Leicester Square Theatre
Friday 17th March: Manchester, The Dancehouse Theatre
Saturday 18th March: Glasgow, The Classic Grand

Sunday 19th March: Belfast, The Empire Music Hall

He’s the king of Memphis… He’s a WWE Hall Of Famer… He’s one of the greatest wrestlers of all time and one of the greatest broadcasters too. If there’s an iconic moment in professional wrestling that he wasn’t part of then there’s a good chance he was commentating on it. He’s a forty year veteran of the squared circle. He’s been loved. He’s been hated. He is unlike any other in the grappling world. He’s the one and only Jerry “The King” Lawler and in March of 2017 he comes to the UK for his first ever spoken word tour.

Tickets on sale Monday 12th December, be sure to like Facebook.com/ErosComedy and follow @ErosComedy on Twitter for more information.

Artist Website: wwe.com/superstars/jerry-lawler
Artist Twitter Feed: @JerryLawler

WWE Issues Statement Regarding Jerry Lawler’s Status With The Company.

As noted earlier, WWE Hall of Famers Jerry Lawler and Lita have both been removed from weekly WWE programming duties including all pre-show and PPV event panels.

WWE issued this statement to PWInsider regarding Lawler’s status with the company.

“Jerry Lawler has a Legends agreement with WWE, however, he will no longer regularly appear on our pre-shows. He will continue to host special events, including WWE’s annual Hall of Fame celebration at WrestleMania.”

Jerry Lawler And Lita Removed From Pre-Show Panel

Image result for Jerry Lawler and Lita removed from pre-show panel

The WWE pre-shows will be light on legends in the near future … because Jerry Lawler and Lita have been removed from the panel of hosts.

The Wrestling Observer reports that both have now been taken off of regular weekly programming — which includes the pre-shows for Raw, Smackdown Live and pay-per-view events.

This move comes as WWE started to officially phase out the 30 minute pre-shows for both RAW and Smackdown Live from the WWE Network and other social media platforms and are now airing 10 minute pre-show specials before TV going forward.

Lawler resumed announcing on SD after his suspension was lifted in July. Later that month he was shuffled to the pre-show panel after the WWE Draft.

Following the recent decision by the powers-that-be, The King has been retweeting unhappy fans.

As for Lita, it was reported earlier this year that she was shifting from her backstage producer role and would become an on-air presence for the pre-shows. No word as to what she’ll be doing next.

Lawler and Lita joined Booker T and Renee Young on most panels but they were absent from the TLC pay-per-view. Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer adds that the two are now on a Legends deal and are no longer employed full time by WWE.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet , WrestleView and  wrestling-online.com

 

WWE Announces New Roles For Jerry Lawler & Booker T

As noted, WWE announced new commentary teams earlier today but left Jerry Lawler off RAW and SmackDown. They just announced that Lawler and Booker T will be key analysts on WWE Network pre-shows and Kickoff specials.

Here is the full announcement on the announcer changes by WWE.com:

It’s a New Era for the entire landscape of WWE, which continues to change and evolve with the WWE Brand Extension Draft. That includes the announce teams for WWE programming. The teams for Raw, SmackDown, “WWE Superstars” and WWE Main Event are all experiencing a major shakeup, including one major voice changing shows and several rising commentators being inserted into the lineup.

The new announce teams for WWE’s New Era will feature Michael Cole, Corey Graves and Byron Saxton Monday nights on Raw, while Mauro Ranallo, JBL and David Otunga handle the commentary for SmackDown Live every Tuesday night.

Also receiving a makeover will be the announce teams for WWE Superstars and WWE Main Event. Both shows will be led by Tom Phillips, and he will be joined each and every week by Graves on WWE Superstars and Otunga on WWE Main Event.

UPDATE: In addition to the commentary booth updates on Raw, SmackDown Live and more, WWE Hall of Famers Booker T and Jerry “The King” Lawler will bring their decades of experience in sports-entertainment to recurring Pre-Shows and Kickoffs as key analysts, among other names still to be announced.

WWE Announcer Jerry “The King” Lawler’s Suspension Lifted

I didn’t post any news over the weekend or yesterday for Independence Day, so you may have heard already that it looks like WWE has lifted Jerry “The King” Lawler’s suspension. Below is what Pro Wrestling Sheet reported on July 1st:

Jerry Lawler‘s WWE suspension has been lifted … this according to a rep for the company.

WWE tells Pro Wrestling Sheet, “Jerry Lawler’s legal matter has been resolved and his suspension has been lifted, effective immediately.”

Lawler was suspended on June 17th after he and his fiancee were arrested, but all charges stemming from the incident were dropped Friday morning in court.

In his absence, David Otunga had been filling the color commentary spot … however, we’re told Jerry will immediately return to SmackDown starting next week to resume his role.

Prosecutors Drop Charges In Jerry Lawler Domestic Violence Case

Source: WrestlingNewsSource

The criminal charges against WWE legend Jerry “The King” Lawler in his domestic violence case against him and his fiancee have been dropped by prosecutors, according to TMZ report.

Lawler, 66 and his fiancee, Lauryn McBride, 27 were arrested in Memphis on June 17th accusing each other of domestic violence. It was also reported that a gun was pulled out.

A judge ordered the pair to remain away from each other while the case was on-going to determine who the aggressor was, although it now appears neither side wanted to testify against each other and the case was dropped.

Lawler’s attorney told the Memphis Commercial Appeal that the whole thing has been “a big understanding and won’t happen again. We are happy with the outcome.”

Lawler is currently indefinitely suspended by WWE.

 

Source: WrestlingINC

Lawler, 66, and McBride, 27, were arrested in Memphis on June 17 after they both accused each other of domestic violence.

In the incident at Lawler’s home, McBride claimed Lawler held her against a kitchen counter during a argument. She said he hit her in the front left side of her head and pushed her against a stove. Then he retrieved an unloaded pistol, placed it on the counter and said, “Go ahead and kill yourself.”

According to the affidavit, Lawler said they argued over McBride lying about where she had been. He said she was intoxicated and tried to prevent her from leaving in her car. She then scratched the right side of his face, threw a candle at him and kicked him the groin. Lawler alleged that she got the gun from the garage and threatened to kill herself.

Both were arrested when officers could not determine who was the primary aggressor. Lawler was suspended indefinitely by WWE following the arrest.

Jerry “The King” Lawler’s First Interview Since Getting Out Of Jail

Source: Cerrito Live

Cerrito Live- Jerry Lawler’s first interview since getting out of jail

Date: June 18, 2016

By: Kevin Cerrito

The-King-Cerrito-Live

Description: On this week’s Wrestling Segment, Cerrito & 5 Starr talk about The King’s arrest & what it means to Memphians. Then, Jerry Lawler calls in for his first interview since getting out of jail (14:43 mark).

You can listen to the Lawler interview on the Cerrito Live podcast at the link below:

Cerrito Live Podcast: Jerry Lawler’s first interview since getting out of jail

 

Jerry “The King” Lawler Arrested, Suspended By WWE

WWE announced the following:

Jerry Lawler arrested, suspended

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Jerry Lawler was arrested at his home Friday morning by the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office in Memphis, Tenn.

According to a police report, Lawler and his girlfriend, Lauryn McBride, were taken into custody and booked on alleged charges of domestic assault—bodily harm, a misdemeanor.

WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, and per our policy, Jerry Lawler has been suspended indefinitely following his arrest.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

Jerry Lawler & Fiance Mugshot

WWE announcer Jerry Lawler and his fiance Lauryn McBride were arrested on domestic assault charges this morning … and Lawler has been suspended indefinitely.

According to WREG.com, cops were called to the couple’s Memphis home Friday and were unable to determine which party was the aggressor.

McBride claimed that Lawler shoved and hit her in the head before going upstairs to get a handgun. She alleges he then put the weapon on the counter and said, “Go ahead and kill yourself.” Lawler claims that McBride was drunk and attacked him first, scratching and kicking him before throwing a candle at him. He also says that she got the gun from the garage and placed it on the counter.

WWE issued a statement saying, “WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, and per our policy, Jerry Lawler has been suspended indefinitely following his arrest.”

The King already gave an interview to wmcactionnews5.com from jail and said, “It’s just an unfortunate situation. Nobody was hit and nobody was hurt. It’s just something that happened as a result of drinking too much.”

Listen to his entire explanation below.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/CLIP/12533718/2016/06/17/EXCLUSIVE-JERRY-LAWLERS-JAILHOUSE-PHONE-CALL?AUTOSTART=TRUE

WMC Action News 5 interviewed WWE Hall of Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler, who was arrested this morning with fiancee Lauryn McBride on domestic violence charges in Memphis. The interview was conducted while Lawler was in jail.

Lawler, 66, said that he had returned home from a wrestling event which was “ironically [titled] A Night At The Slammer.” He said that his fiancee McBride, 27, returned home a little later intoxicated from a friend’s house after watching Game 6 of the NBA Finals.

“We got into a little bit of a shouting match and then she wanted to leave,” Lawler said. “I was not going to let her leave in the car, because she was just not in any condition to drive. She got more and more upset, she called 9-1-1 and scratched my face in the process. The police came in and said that this was a domestic dispute and that they were ‘going to have to take both of you guys downtown’.

“It’s just an unfortunate situation. Nobody was hit and nobody was hurt. It’s just something that happened as a result of drinking too much,” Lawler said.

Lawler denied reports that he hit McBride in the head and pushed her against the stove. Lawler confirmed that he had an unloaded gun and McBride was threatening to kill herself. He said that she got the gun and threw it to him. He said that he might have put the gun on the counter, but he didn’t tell her to kill herself.

He said that he only has issues with McBride when she drinks, and said that she had an incident last week while she was intoxicated at the CMA Awards and got into a fist fight with her aunt.

“It’s an unfortunate situation as a result of somebody drinking too much. I’m saddened by it and hope we can get past this,” Lawler said.

Jerry Lawler On Possible Split Announce Teams At WrestleMania, Vince McMahon’s Reaction To His Turn

Source: WrestlingINC

WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler appeared on Cerrito Live this weekend and said there may be split announce teams at WrestleMania 32, apparently so he and “MR” Mauro Ranallo can get a spot on the show. Lawler said it’s not a done deal but he’s heard “scuttlebutt” about that happening. Lawler mentioned how fans are requesting that he and Mauro to work the show.

Lawler, who had trouble remembering Byron Saxton’s name, also talked about his heel turn on commentary and said it was his idea. Lawler knew Mauro wouldn’t say anything bad about anyone because he was the new guy and Byron is too nice of a guy, so Lawler suggested to Vince that he go back to his heel persona.

Lawler also said he’s just scratching the surface and trying to ease into the turn. Lawler said Vince loved the idea and told him that he misses the way “The King” used to be.

Check out the full interview at this link.