Backstage News On Brock Lesnar’s WWE Contract And Renewal

In an update on Brock Lesnar not wanting to renew his WWE contract past WrestleMania 34 in April, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports Lesnar’s WWE deal has a renewal option.

Lesnar’s contract with WWE does end in April 2018 but it renews if neither side informs the other they are ending the agreement, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Brock has yet to say he’s leaving and reportedly has not made a decision on his future at this time.

Brock retired from fighting after his loss to Alistair Overeem at UFC 141 in 2011 due to struggles with diverticulitis. In March 2015, he participated in an interview on ESPN SportsCenter where he announced he had re-signed with WWE and had closed the door on a return to fighting for the UFC.

Lesnar ended up returning to the Octagon last July when he fought Mark Hunt at UFC 200. As noted, that fight was mired in controversy due to Lesnar testing positive for the banned estrogen blocker clomiphene in an out-of-competition test and in-competition test. He was suspended for one year by USADA as a result and his victory was overturned to a no contest.

Recently, rumors began circulating that Lesnar had re-entered the USADA drug-testing pool in anticipation for another return to the Octagon. Jeff Novitzky, who works as the UFC’s Vice President of Athlete Health and Performance, told media outlets on Wednesday there is “zero truth” to the rumors and Lesnar as not re-entered the testing pool.

Lesnar is the current WWE Universal Champion and defeated Samoa Joe in the main event of WWE Great Balls of Fire earlier this month.

Source: WrestlingINC

UFC Squashes Reports Of Brock Lesnar Re-Entering USADA Testing Pool For MMA Return

Jeff Novitzky, who works as the UFC’s Vice President of Athlete Health and Performance, says Brock Lesnar has not re-entered the USADA drug-testing pool, according to comments made to MMAJunkie on Wednesday.

“(Lesnar) is not currently enrolled in the USADA testing pool, nor has there been any inquiry on his part to do so,” Novitzky said.

He added there is “zero truth” to reports, apparently started by the @TalkMMA page that Lesnar had met with UFC officials along with Paul Heyman to discuss a return to the Octagon.

There were reports that Lesnar had re-entered the USADA testing pool in case he wanted to opt to return to MMA instead of re-signing with WWE. Again, that’s something the UFC is emphatically denying.

Brock Lesnar came out of a five year retirement from mixed martial arts to compete at UFC 200 last summer where he beat Mark Hunt by unanimous decision. Lesnar was later suspended by the USADA for testing positive for the banned estrogen blocker clomiphene in an out-of-competition test and in-competition test. As a result, the former UFC heavyweight champion was suspended one year by USADA. When he retired, his suspension was frozen. Lesnar’s victory over Hunt was overturned to a no contest.

Hunt filed a civil lawsuit against the UFC, Dana White and Lesnar himself over the positive drug tests. Motions were made by both parties to dismiss the suits.

Lesnar remains under WWE contract through WrestleMania 34 in 2018. The company approved his fight against Mark Hunt and retain exclusive rights to his services, in the wrestling ring and in fighting competitions for as long as his Performer’s Contract is active.

Source: WrestlingINC

Rumor On Brock Lesnar Returning To UFC To Fight

WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar is rumored to be returning to the UFC in the near future. The @TalkMMA Twitter account, which has revealed a few stories in the past, reports that Lesnar and Paul Heyman were at UFC HQ to meet with company officials during International Fight Week earlier this month (h/t to BJPenn.com).

This should be taken as a rumor for now but their report says Lesnar’s return to The Octagon is imminent, likely for the November 4th show from Madison Square Garden. They also state that Lesnar is expected to drop the WWE Universal Title at the SummerSlam pay-per-view in August. @TalkMMA also noted that a second source told them Lesnar is back in the testing pool for the US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA).

Lesnar was suspended from fighting for one year due to his failed drug tests related to the UFC 200 fight against Mark Hunt but he is now eligible to fight again. It was reported in July 2016 that Lesnar was still under contract to UFC, despite being signed to a WWE deal. It was also reported last July that Lesnar was eyeing another fight for late 2016 or early 2017 but that was before the failed drug tests were announced. UFC rules state that a fighter must inform the promotion 4 months in advance if he or she is coming out of retirement, so they can be placed into the USADA testing pool.

UFC President Dana White spoke with TMZ in December and said he believes Lesnar’s MMA career was winding down but added that “he’s a freak of nature and anything could happen.”

Lesnar’s UFC 200 win over Hunt was later overturned by the Nevada Athletic Commission and ruled a No Contest due to the failed drug tests. Lesnar currently has a MMA record of 5 wins, 3 losses and 1 NC.

As noted, Lesnar’s UFC return should be taken as a rumor for now but we will keep you updated.

Source: WrestlingINC

Brock Lesnar’s First WWE Universal Title Defense Revealed, Name Change For July 9th Pay-Per-View

As noted, WWE announced at last month’s SmackDown Live taping that their next show in the state of Connecticut will be the return of the Bad Blood RAW pay-per-view on July 9th at the XL Center in Hartford, CT.

WWE has apparently changed those plans, as the July 9th RAW pay-per-view will now be called Great Balls of Fire. It is also now scheduled to take place at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas.

You can watch a promo for the event in the video below. It is also noted in the promo that the event will feature the first title defense by WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar.

Source: WrestlingINC

WWE Hype For Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg At WrestleMania 33

Image result for Goldberg vs Lesnar At WrestleMania 33 For the WWE Universal Title

Brock Lesnar vs. Bill Goldberg at WrestleMania 33 for the WWE Universal Title is now official after Goldberg defeated Kevin Owens for the gold at WWE Fastlane last night.

Below is WWE’s official preview for the match:

As if the long-awaited mega rematch between Goldberg and Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 33 wasn’t already big enough, the stakes have been heightened following Goldberg’s triumph at WWE Fastlane.Now, The Beast Incarnate is out for not only redemption on Sunday, April 2, but also Goldberg’s newly won Universal Championship.

Despite his world-beater bona fides, The Conqueror has never defeated his decorated opponent. Indeed, Goldberg has had Lesnar’s number since the first time they locked horns, at WrestleMania XX. After more than a decade away from WWE, Goldberg returned last fall and destroyed Lesnar in shocking fashion at Survivor Series, thrashing The Conqueror in one minute and 26 seconds.

Lesnar’s advocate, Paul Heyman, chalked up the loss to The Beast taking Goldberg too lightly and nothing more. Yet at Royal Rumble, Goldberg enjoyed the upper hand again, eliminating Lesnar from the event’s eponymous 30-Superstar brawl.

No one else has thrived against Lesnar the way Goldberg has. Lesnar, a four-time WWE Champion, has carved out a career of destruction. Among his many accomplishments since returning to WWE in 2012, Lesnar ended The Undertaker’s once unbreakable WrestleMania Streak, demolished John Cena and bludgeoned Randy Orton to the point of referee stoppage.

Goldberg, however, has proven to be an unbeatable foe, so far.

Will Lesnar’s luck change when he battles Goldberg for Raw’s top championship, at WWE’s biggest event of the year, no less? Or can Goldberg further cement his incredible legacy, putting an exclamation point on his career with another victory against The Beast?

Find out which iconic behemoth comes out on top when Universal Champion Goldberg meets Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 33 on Sunday, April 2, live on the award-winning WWE Network.

Source: WrestlingINC

Brock Lesnar Makes Appearance After Raw, Hits Big Show With An F-5 (VIDEO)

brock lesnar f-5 big show raw video green bay

Big Show may have beat The Shining Stars tonight, but he wasn’t as lucky after Raw ended … because Brock Lesnar made an appearance and hit him with an F-5.

Lesnar surprised the crowd in Green Bay, Wisconsin at the Resch Center with Paul Heyman in tow, and Show answered their challenge shortly after.

The two then brawled for a short period of time and Brock eventually hit the F-5.

Source: Pro Wrestling Sheet

Brock Lensar Retires From UFC Competition

Former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar has informed the mixed martial arts promotion that he is retired from competition.

The UFC confirmed the 39-year old Lesnar’s decision Wednesday.

Lesnar returned from a 4 and a half year MMA absence last July to beat Mark hunt at UFC 200, but the results was overturned after Lesnar failed two doping tests. He was subsequently suspended from competition for a year by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, which administers the UFC’s doping policy.

Lesnar’s decision to retire means he has been removed from USADA’s drug-testing pool, which monitors the fighters year-round.

If he decides to return to competition, he would have to serve the remaining five months of his suspension.

Goldberg, Lesnar And The Undertaker Come Face-To-Face-To-Face On RAW (Video)

Image result for Goldberg, Lesnar and Undertaker face-off at end of RAW

Last night Raw ended with an intense face-off between Goldberg, Brock Lesnar and The Undertakergiving viewers one final tease before they all compete in the Royal Rumble.

It all went down during the closing segment when Goldberg declared he would be the victor of the Rumble match and Paul Heyman interrupted to bring out his Beast of a client.

Just as it looked as Golberg and Lesnar were about to fight, the gong struck, the lights went out and Taker was standing in the ring with them. They stared each other down as the show went off the air.

 

Below is a fan video in which you can see what happened after RAW went off the air:

Mark Hunt Files Civil Suit Against Brock Lesnar And UFC

Image result for Mark Hunt UFC

Mark Hunt has taken matters to the courts, filing a civil suit against Brock Lesnar, UFC president Dana White and the promotion he currently works for. Hunt, who is expected to return to action later this year at UFC 209 vs. Alistair Overeem, filed the suit Tuesday in Nevada District Court.

For the past several months, Hunt has been very outspoken against both the UFC and Lesnar for what happened back in July at UFC 200. The 42-year-old lost a decision to Lesnar, who later failed his post-fight drug test.

“I want the UFC to understand it’s not OK to keep doing what they’re doing,” Hunt told ESPN.com. “They’re allowing guys to do this. They had a chance to take all the money from this guy, because he’s a cheater, and they didn’t. What message is that sending to the boys and girls who want to be a fighter someday? The message is, ‘You just have to cheat like this and it’s OK.’ In society, if you commit a crime, you pay. Why is it different in MMA? It’s hurt the business, so it’s even worse. They need to be held accountable for this.”

Hunt’s suit states the defendants “affirmatively circumvented and obstructed fair competition for their own benefit.” He is also accusing the UFC and Lesnar of racketeering, fraud and several other allegations. He is seeking damages “in the millions.”

Lesnar, who came out of retirement and was granted a waiver for the four-month testing policy prior to the bout, was fined $250,000 and suspended for a year by the USADA. The suspension has no affect on Lesnar’s current WWE contract.

Source: WrestlingINC

Brock Lesnar officially Announced For The 2017 Royal Rumble Match

During last night’s 11/28 WWE RAW in Charlotte, a pre-taped interview aired with Michael Cole talking with Paul Heyman about Brock Lesnar’s loss to Goldberg at Survivor Series.

An emotional Heyman was asked what was next for Lesnar. Heyman revealed that since Goldberg was in the Royal Rumble match then Brock Lesnar would also be.

You can view a recap below from our live report on Monday night.

Cole asks what happened at Survivor Series. Paul Heyman says “we screwed up” and that they took Goldberg lightly. He talks about it being a “f*cking video game” and how they figured it would be the easiest pay day of Brock’s career. Heyman talks about Goldberg spearing Brock immediately and breaking his ribs. “You can’t breathe, you can’t fight.” Cole asks how Lesnar is dealing with all of this. Heyman says, “Like you care.” With tears in his eyes, Heyman says you come into this business and injuries occur. Heyman says the humiliation and embarrassment – you can’t offer up any excuses. He talks about this match going into the record book and how it is now part of Brock’s legacy. Heyman talks about Brock dealing with loses before, but “this is embarrassing.” He adds it has put Brock in the mindset that he has something to prove, which scares him. “That moment can define you. It can destroy you. Or it can drive you to greater heights than you’ve ever achieved before.” Heyman says think about a Brock Lesnar that has something to prove is capable of. Cole asks what is next. Heyman says if Brock has something to prove he will prove it. He warns that if Goldberg is in the Royal Rumble match, then Brock Lesnar is in the Royal Rumble.

Source: WrestleView