WWE performer Ludwig Kaiser, whose real name is Marcel Barthel, was reportedly arrested in Florida on a battery charge earlier this week.
According to PWInsider, Kaiser was taken into custody in Orange County, Florida, before later being released on a $1,000 bond. The report noted that the incident was not related to a domestic dispute. Additional details from Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp indicate the charge allegedly stems from Kaiser striking another man.
As of now, WWE has not publicly commented on the situation.
The arrest comes during a busy stretch for Kaiser on WWE programming. The former Imperium member has recently been appearing under the “El Grande Americano” persona and competed on this week’s episode of WWE Raw. During the show, Kaiser teamed with Bravo Americano and Rayo Americano in a six-man match against the Original El Grande Americano, Chad Gable, alongside Bruto Creedo and Julio Creedo.
Kaiser’s side picked up the victory as WWE and AAA continue building toward the upcoming mask vs. mask showdown between Kaiser and Gable.
That match is currently scheduled for AAA’s Noche de Los Grandes event on May 30 in Monterrey, Mexico. With the event rapidly approaching, there is already speculation regarding whether the arrest could affect Kaiser’s ability to travel internationally for the show.
At this point, no changes to the match have been announced.
New Details Released Regarding Ludwig Kaiser’s Battery Arrest
Additional information has surfaced regarding the recent arrest of WWE star Ludwig Kaiser, with a newly obtained police report shedding more light on the alleged incident.
According to documents obtained by NoDQ, the situation reportedly dates back to April 23, despite Kaiser’s arrest only becoming public this week. That leaves nearly a month between the alleged altercation and the WWE performer being taken into custody.
The report states that police responded to a call shortly after 6:30 p.m. and spoke with the alleged victim, identified as Richard Reap. Reap reportedly told officers that he had entered an elevator where he encountered “an unknown white male and unknown white female” who were allegedly behaving in what he described as an overly intimate manner during the ride down.
As Reap exited the elevator, he claimed he told the couple to “please have some manners.” According to the report, that comment allegedly triggered a confrontation, with Reap accusing the male individual of punching him several times before shoving him to the ground. Reap also alleged that threats were made during the encounter.
Officers reportedly observed visible injuries on Reap, including a fresh scratch on the back of his head and redness that was said to be consistent with a recent physical altercation.
The report further notes that elevator surveillance footage appeared to support portions of Reap’s account, allegedly showing the suspect striking him and pushing him to the ground. Investigators later identified the suspect as Kaiser through security footage from the building. Authorities ultimately arrested the WWE star after Reap reportedly identified him in a lineup.
Kaiser, whose real name is Marcel Barthel, was arrested in Orange County, Florida, on a battery charge and later released on a $1,000 bond. The charge is reportedly not connected to a domestic incident.
The WWE star remains active on television as part of the ongoing “El Grande Americano” storyline and is currently scheduled to face Chad Gable in a mask vs. mask match at AAA’s Noche de Los Grandes event on May 30 in Monterrey, Mexico. WWE has not yet publicly commented on the arrest or the newly released details.
