NJPW star Tetsuya Naito will be undergoing eye surgery, according to a report from Tokyo Sports.
The report noted that Naito will have surgery to repair superior oblique muscle paralysis in his right eye. The paralysis was causing him to have double vision.
He told Tokyo Sports that his eye is in worse shape now than when he first underwent surgery in 2019.
Tetsuya Naito was also quoted saying that the upcoming Best of the Super Juniors tournament provided a break in his schedule to allow for the eye surgery.
When Naito had the surgery in 2019, he was out of action for 20 days.
Yesterday at NJPW Wrestling Dontaku, Kazuchika Okada defeated Tetsuya Naito to retain the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship.
Results of NJPW Wrestling Dontaku are below:
* Suzuki-gun (Taichi, Zack Sabre Jr., and Taka Michinoku) defeated Los Ingobernables de Japon (Shingo Takagi and Bushi) and Shiro Koshinaka
* Hiromu Takahashi defeated Yoh
* Tanga Loa defeated Yujiro Takahashi
* Six or Nine (Ryusuke Taguchi and Master Wato) defeated Suzuki-gun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru and Douki) to retain the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships
* Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale and Chase Owens) defeated United Empire (Great-O-Khan and Jeff Cobb) and Bishamon (Hirooki Goto and Yoshi-Hashi) to win the IWGP Tag Team Championships
* Tama Tonga defeated EVIL to win the NEVER Openweight Championship
* Taiji Ishimori defeated El Desperado to win the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
* Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Tomohiro Ishii to win the vacant IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship
* Kazuchika Okada defeated Tetsuya Naito to retain the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship
Source: Wrestling Inc.