WWE has announced they’ve parted ways with Sin Cara.
The company posted a statement on WWE.com that says:
WWE has come to terms on the release of Sin Cara. WWE wishes him all the best in his future endeavors.
As we previously reported, the wrestler formerly known as Hunico requested his release from the company last month.
Sin Cara said at the time that he was asking for his release because he didn’t feel like he was being valued as a talent in WWE.
The 42-year-old wrestler attended last night’s Combate Americas event in support of Alberto El Patron and told reporters beforehand that he hasn’t ruled out the idea of stepping into the octagon for an MMA fight.
“Thank you WWE Universe it has been an amazing adventure,” Sin Cara tweeted once the news was made public.
Former WWE Tag Team and Intercontinental Champion Luke Harper has been released from WWE.
The announcement was made on Sunday via WWE.com, where the company wished him well in his future endeavors.
Luke Harper went public with the fact that he was requesting his release from the company back in April. He briefly returned to TV, however, during Erick Rowan’s feud with Roman Reigns over the summer … then stopped being used again.
WWE has announced the releases of Konnor and Viktor aka The Ascension.
The company wished the tag team the best in their future endeavors in the announcement made on Sunday via WWE.com.
Konnor signed with WWE in 2010. Viktor signed with the company in 2011. After a successful run in NXT, the duo made their main roster debut in 2014. The Ascension failed to take off, however, and were used sparingly throughout their run.