Dana White said Wednesday that the UFC will be stripping Conor McGregor of the lightweight title.
As expected, McGregor isn’t going to go accept that without a fight.
“The Notorious” tweeted an ornery — and vulgar — response to White’s words early Thursday morning.
“You’s’ll strip me of nothing you’s do nothing c*nts,” McGregor wrote.
Khabib Nurmagomedov will fight Max Holloway in what the promotion is calling a UFC lightweight title fight in the main event of UFC 223 on Saturday in Brooklyn. The issue is that McGregor is still technically the lightweight champion and has been since November 2016. White has said that McGregor will cease to be champ as soon as the first punch is thrown this weekend at Barclays Center.
McGregor has not fought in the UFC since beating Eddie Alvarez for the belt at UFC 205. He had a blockbuster boxing match with Floyd Mayweather last year, but there are currently no firm plans for an Octagon return.
On Wednesday, White did say that McGregor would “100 percent” be back in the UFC this year.
Whether or not he’ll be holding a belt seems to be very much open for debate.
UFC 223 Fight Card:
- Max Holloway vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov TITLE FIGHT
- Rose Namajunas vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk
- Renato Moicano vs. Calvin Kattar
- Anthony Pettis vs. Michael Chiesa
- Al Iaquinta vs. Paul Felder
- Joe Lauzon vs. Chris Gruetzemacher
- Devin Clark vs. Mike Rodriguez
- Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Felice Herrig
- Ray Borg vs. Brandon Moreno
- Bec Rawlings vs. Ashlee Evans-Smith
- Artem Lobov vs. Alex Caceres
- Zabit Magomedsharipov vs. Kyle Bochniak
- Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Evan Dunham